First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    Sentura, I assure you, England is not short of white/non-Jamaican boys who have never been to Jamaica, couldn't find it on a map, possibly don't even know it exists and yet speak as if they're fresh off the boat. Berberella is right.
    watch that video clip and tell me they talk exactly like that.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Perhaps because you don't have English as your first language you are not getting the distinction. We're not talking about referring to people as assholes and bitches, commonly and equally - jokingly. We're talking about women being referred to as holes and hos, specifically. The context: your father wants you to ask your mother a question, so he says to you "ask that vagina when she'll be ready". As if she is not the sum of all her parts. As if one part of her can (and should) be used, abused and tossed aside like trash.

If you don't like me and you call me a bitch, I can deal with that because it's personal between us. But I have a real problem with someone who doesn't even view me as a human being before I even open my mouth. (although I have been accused of being less than human once I start to speak. oh well...)
    i am getting the distinction, but i just lay it off as social convention pertaining to a social layer rather than direct misogyny. like i said, i doubt any of those people have a deeply seeded hatred for women.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    Thanks to 2 disgusting brothers I'm up to speed on all the nasty words that are used to describe the ladies.

So far I have heard them use words like:

Hole

Piece

Ting

Dirtz

Hoes

and the usual one, Bitches.

But the favourite 2 that I always over hear are Dirtz and holes.

They totally dehumanise the girls when they refer to them with terms like this, making themselves feel better for treating them rubbish, anything goes because they are not girls, they are holes and dirtz, pieces and tings.

I'm thoroughly sickened, I explained all of this to my enfp brother, who doesn't believe there is anything dehumanising in referring to females like this.

So I have forbidden him from using those terms in this house (when he was on the phone) and his friends aren't welcome in my house either.

Yeah it's me the moraliser, but damn, that's just too disrespectful in my books. :steam:

Anyone else noticed this, any other words I should be aware of?

Guys, are you prone to not watching what you call women when you are with your friends?
    I don't like how guys refer to females of all types in this day and age. Whether it be girls my own age, younger, or older. See my post on chivalry. But I think it is demeaning and not respectful, considerate, or even nice.
    - Caleb

"I am what I need to be..."

"Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity."

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    watch that video clip and tell me they talk exactly like that.
    why do you have a hard time believing her? if she says it, kangirl says it, and I've even seen this with my own eyes - why are you the authority? I have west indian heritage, remember - I see this ja'fakin accent all the time.

i am getting the distinction, but i just lay it off as social convention rather than misogyny.
    that's because you are not female and it doesn't apply to you. but for future reference: it's called empathy.

MBTI
    ISFJ

What's worse is that many females add to the problem by actually responding to these names.
    "Your voice is like chocolate...dreamy."
    --WildHorses

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGjkXOcYBlc"]Ja'Fakin[/YOUTUBE]

EDIT: and this guy is GERMAN.
    Last edited by jenocyde; 05-31-2009 at 12:36 PM. Reason: fixed link

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    why do you have a hard time believing her? if she says it, kangirl says it, and I've even seen this with my own eyes - why are you the authority? I have west indian heritage, remember - I see this ja'fakin accent all the time.
    i'm not the authority, i just have trouble believing that every piece of hoodlum scum in every back alley in NYC suddenly adopted jamaican accents.

that's because you are not female and it doesn't apply to you. but for future reference: it's called empathy.
    so you feel offended by this practice? you don't just think that in, say, 10 years the trend will change again and there will be new labels for women and men alike?

i just have trouble believing all of this is hatred coming from a specific layer of society. to me, it's a label. and labels are just containers for semantic.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

i'm not the authority, i just have trouble believing that every piece of hoodlum scum in every back alley in NYC suddenly adopted jamaican accents.
    She's in the UK. And no one cares what you have trouble believing - the truth is the truth. And she's not talking about every hoodlum, just her brothers and their crowd. So lay off, you're starting to get annoying.

so you feel offended by this practice? you don't just think that in, say, 10 years the trend will change again and there will be new labels for women and men alike?

i just have trouble believing all of this is hatred coming from a specific layer of society. to me, it's a label. and labels are just containers for semantic.
    10 years? Sweetie, you need a history lesson. I'm sure Victor will give you one if you ask nicely. Must be nice living in the land of Delusion.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Clearly, most females must prefer males that treat them in such a way, because those that treat them with respect are the least in demand.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Clearly, most females must prefer males that treat them in such a way, because those that treat them with respect are the least in demand.

riiiiiight.