User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    There are levels though, I've known blokes to stand around calling women bitches and stuff like that, but I was just shocked at the new terms, especially the "hole" one.

I know I don't stand around with my friends reducing men who walk by to walking cocks.

Is this what you mean? Could you give me an example of some of the words, or way you would use the words with your friends?
    Well I certainly don't stand around and call random women such terms. That's not what I mean. I mostly mean in private conversations between us guys. As for specific terms I use, most of the time it's just bitch. If a woman really has pissed me off then I'll use the word cunt occasionally.

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Well I certainly don't stand around and call random women such terms. That's not what I mean. I mostly mean in private conversations between us guys. As for specific terms I use, most of the time it's just bitch. If a woman really has pissed me off then I'll use the word cunt occasionally.
    I ask all men of good will to fight the hatred of women.

If you are in an all male group that is committing hate speech against women, I ask you to tell them that it is hate speech and tell the group you will not tolerate it.

At times this will mean you get into a fight with the group.

However you will be fighting for a good cause and you will discover something invaluable as a man - you will discover whether you are a coward or courageous.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I ask all men of good will to fight the hatred of women.

If you are in an all male group that is committing hate speech against women, I ask you to tell them that it is hate speech and tell the group you will not tolerate it.

At times this will mean you get into a fight with the group.

However you will be fighting for a good cause and you will discover something invaluable as a man - you will discover whether you are a coward or courageous.
    Fuhfuhfuhfuh

Weenie is a very sensitive guy, and it angers and saddens him that everyone isn't just as sensitive as he. An admitted male feminist, Weenie is ever vigilant against anti-progressive attitudes. Though he seldom comes into personal contact with the working classes, he keenly feels the pain of their oppression nonetheless . Weenie's chief antagonists are Troglodyte, Evil Clown, Capitalista and sometimes Ideologue. Because of his natural petulance Weenie can easily be goaded into battle, but he is encumbered by a tendency to throw temper tantrums when severely pressed.

Weenie

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I've also heard:

Hoes

Meat

"that"

Doll (though some people don't think that's offensive, a doll is an inanimate object)

It's not just the words, though, it's the idea behind them that I don't like. We should fight the words, definitely, but we really need to address the mentality behind them or more will just keep cropping up.

The idea being... that women are objects, without their own meaningful thoughts or feelings, designed to provide sexual gratification to men. Seriously, it's sickening.

In my school, boys were called "pimps" and girls were "hoes." I actually avoided interacting with anyone more than necessary while I was in school, because (since I had jumped in without an awareness of popular culture) I believed that I was going to school with a bunch of literal pimps whoring out promiscuous women, and I didn't want anything to do with them. I didn't even realize that some of them were just using the words without knowing the meaning until my senior year.
    Exactly, I've never been a big fan of disrespecting someone I'm interested in sexually just because I will feel better about moving on the next day, it's as you said, sickening.

On a side note, I chuckled at the pimps and hoes experience you had in school.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

Fuhfuhfuhfuh
    Misogyny and anti-semitism have a lot in common.

And just as there is hate speech directed at women, there is hate speech directed at Jews.

And just as the hatred of women has social and religious sanction, so anti-semitism has social and religious sanction.

And just as the hatred of women leads to mutilation, rape, domestic violence and deaths in large numbers, the anti-semites have murdered Jews in large numbers and want to do the same today.

Common decency along with the Common Law demands we not only oppose misogyny and anti-semitism but that we fight, and we fight to win.

The only alternative is silence.

And silence is complicity.

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by chris1207 View Post
    I know it's no laughing matter but dirtz... come on! You British folk are crazy! I don't know what me and my friends refer to women as.... probably just by their names. We aren't creative enough to do any of that nonsense.

true, but I just wish the creativity was used for better things.

Maybe I am applying my feelings to the girls in question, but I doubt these girls would be happy knowing that what appears to be a double date to them with two guys they like, is infact just a hole swapping night.

It would certainly bother me.

I was out with a guy who was trying to, what I assumed at the time (I was 18), win my affection.

I was in the ladies toilet at a cafe he had taken me to, and when I returned to the table I overheard him on the phone explaining to his friend "I'm just with one piece"

I went over and poured by milkshake on his head and walked out of the cafe and got a bus home.

Screw being some guys piece, I'm a god damn person. :steam:

I keep thinking of a thread heart made awhile back, about girls giving head and getting nothing in return, it seems to relate alot to this thread because I know some of these girls give out and get nothing.

MBTI
    infp

So you are one of those guys who refers to women as bitches whilst with his friends?

I can understand the anger and the use of specific terms, or even in a jestful way, although I don't approve I get that it happens, chicks, bitches etc.

Would you refer, jokingly to your friends, that you were off out with a new bitch tonight?

Fuhfuhfuhfuh

It's a shame you reacted that way, I agree with Victor, where I see someone acting in a manner I find innapropriate, or that I deem to be continuing an attitude that should be educated away, one should always say something, or express their disapproval.

Change doesn't really happen until people recognise it's needed, until people are pulled up on their behaviour.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Misogyny and anti-semitism have a lot in common.

And just as there is hate speech directed at women, there is hate speech directed at Jews.

And just as the hatred of women has social and religious sanction, so anti-semitism has social and religious sanction.

And just as the hatred of women leads to their mutilation, rape, domestic violence and deaths in large numbers, the anti-semites have murdered Jews in large numbers and want to do the same today.

Common decency along with the Common Law demands we not only oppose misogyny and anti-semitism but that we fight, and we fight to win.

The only alternative is silence.

And silence is complicity.
    Poor Victor, you're now getting desperate trying to pin me as an anti-Semite. Rather odd thing for you to do considering that when I first arrived here, my avatar was that of the Jewish Existentialist Lev Shestov. I've also commented plenty of times of my admiration for another Jewish Existentialist Martin Buber. Oh yeah I've also cited Abraham Hersch, a Jewish philosopher who was also active in the Civil Rights movement. I also get along plenty with several Jewish members like Cimarron, with whom I've had a few conversations with concerning the perspectives of our faiths. Oh yeah, and my screen-name is after a French poet who admired the Jewish people greatly, and was a staunch Dreyfusard.

This is like when you desperately tried to pin me as a Fascist and whatnot. Of course I effectively pwned your ass big time on that score. As I said then, your accusations are nothing more than absurd and have no basis in reality. You're simply up to your old tricks again. It wasn't funny the first 2700 times, and it sure as hell won't be funny the next 2700 times. Plain simple truth is Victor is that you're just not funny.

Oh sure, you find it "tantalizing" to provoke people with your random ramblings. You certainly enjoy accusing others of haboring deviant sexual desires, yet your own profile description calls upon members to "touch" you at Twitter. Then your recent rant about how much you desire to caress the History of Ideas as if it were an actual person. You said the same thing about your addiction to caffeine. This is all rather odd and even disturbing on many levels.

You're very confused, to say the least. I admit plenty of people have confused me for many things over the years, and have been mistaken for having many positions.

For the sake of this discussion, I'll make one thing clear that every woman who has gotten to know me well has never accused me of being disrespectful, much less abusive(emotionally or physically). The common image women usually seem to protray of me is that of a very kind and respectful gentleman.

So your attempts at trying to protray me as a man who hates and disrespects women are, like everything else you accuse me of, entirely groundless.

As I told you before, plenty of people here are amused by your antics. I'm not one of them, and I will never be one of them.

With that, I bid you good day!

Senior Thread Terminator Aerithria's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Ah. Just when you thought there was no hope remaining for misogyny, you can always rely on hormone-addled morons to bring humanity to a new low. Gotta love it.
    [insert funny quote/saying/etc.]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Devil's Advocate:
    Perhaps the terms are not any less derogatory than those they use for themselves and/or other males. The terms are ironic and playful. They should be judged on actions, not words. Or at least in the actual intent of the words, which is likely not misogynistic. By falsely accusing them, you are alienating them and making them distrust you and be more likely to actually hold misogynistic views.

On the flip side, sometimes you need to take things at face value. Perhaps they are (unconsciously) misogynistic. Plus, language can alter how things are perceived. And it is true that you are offended by the terms, and that is reason enough for banning them in your house.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin