User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    Sentura, as far as I can see, Berberella posed a question about a small and very specific group of young males. No one in this thread has said anything along the lines of "all young men are misogynists," no one has brought up dress or music (and yet you've accused Berberella of it twice now!) as a reason to assume others are misogynist. When you asked her for textual quotations re: misogyny in Islam, she gave them to you, straight up, and you basically failed to even acknowledge what she'd posted, let alone question how the quotes might affecting your position.

You seem to want to make this into a larger issue - you seem to be arguing against something no one is saying. No one is saying these boys should be thrown in the language jail because of the words they use, most of us have said yeah, you know, the use of those words don't reflect very well on those using them. Do you *really* see no misogyny in a male referring to a female as a set of (dirty) genitalia? None? And since you asked Berberella what gives her the 'right' to determine what's misogynist/offensive, and she *clearly* replied to you that is was her personal opinion, why is that a problem for you? Do you feel you have the 'right' to determine it's not misogynist or offensive, in some kind of beyond-the-personal-opinion-level way? And if not, why argue with a personal take on a situation?

This was an interesting thread and it was also a civilised one until you popped in and started a)arguing against arguments that weren't being made and b)arguing them badly (are you going to acknowledge you were wrong about the Jamaican accents? are you going to acknowledge that you claimed that these boys both were *and* weren't responsible for their actions? are you going to apologize for making insulting assumptions re: Berberella's socio economic status (because once again, you could very well be wrong here - there are many middle class boys from nice middle class families in the UK who affect this whole gangsta persona?).

I just don't understand your motivation for coming in here and effing the thread up. You don't even seem to be making a coherent argument. If you're saying you object to language policing, I'm pretty sure no one's arguing with you on that specific point.
    ^Best Post in the thread.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

I also reiterate... based on this thread's topic that it's just the way things are. Whether you choose to accept it, or not is upto you.

... A lot of girls, possibly upto maturity will be called some bad things - as well as the boys upto manhood. Being called gay, or teased on is nothing new, either.

You must understand that life is not this haven that every thing ought to be wonderful, it's more-or-less a ground for atoning for our mistakes and looking forward to better pursuits. Some girls are probably guilty for doing inappropriate things, as well as some boys - but clearly, should their 'trash' not be dealt with on firsthand, society will grant them that burden to bear. People are forever curious at the potential of others, let me tell you that...

... My point in this thread is that, boys and girls 'function' differently and it's obvious that where there is a problem undealt with, both parties ought to be questioned - and therefore, both have an equal right to say. We know all this oldtime trivia, quite surprised we're not taking it effectively, here.

This 'case' overall is practically non-existent... only takes place in the crap hole of society, and that's that.

MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp

^ i'm glad someone agrees.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Victor, I'm touched and impressed that you read Germaine Greer and you understand. It means a lot.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Sentura:

i'm not going to comment further because this is a waste of my time, but i will say this: the creation of the topic in the first place was pointless
    Don't PM/rep me, post it publically. If it was pointless, you shouldn't have participated. Not all of us felt it pointless, hence our discussion. The fact that you haven't responded beyond basically "i have no response so you're all pointless! nah!" is telling.

This 'case' overall is practically non-existent
    Dude, what "case"? Berberella started this thread with a PERSONAL ANECDOTE. The thread is not called "all teenaged boys who use bad words are misogynist arseholes and should be punished" - this thread is very specifically, and from the beginning, about one person and one person's observations/feelings on ONE circumstance.

I'm gonna say this again, too: enough with the "oh, ya'll are just too weak - people get called bad words, boo-hoo, deal with it" as if, somehow, someone (anyone!) is saying otherwise in this thread. I can't speak for others but I daresay most grown people realize that being verbally insulted is, yes, part of life. It's true. It's gonna happen. Best toughen up and try not to let it get to you.

Now does this mean that the verbal insults are ok? Does this mean these boys aren't pigs for using those words? No.

If you have a real defense for these boys using these words, make it. If you can explain to us why these terms are OK, do so. But stop countering sentiments and beliefs that no one is actually stating.

EDIT: Sentura, STOP PMing/repping me. If you have something to say, say it here.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Then, there's the problem, here - as you pointed, it's ONE circumstance, which doesn't mean any thing, simply because... well, what? It has no basis. Who gives a crap that a bunch of guys call(ed) some girl such, or such, and such?

... In which case, that 'case' has no importance to it - and I would call it 'non-existent'.

I mean, what are any of us 'supposed' to conclude that youth... according to BerberElla, do something like this? She's referring to her view on life, so sorry to say - hear it's something 'more' than a one-circumstance issue. Why? Because youth mean something to all of us one way or another - our future, etc. Personally, I posted here to address that in open light, and broaden the subject to what 'normally' happens in life.

MBTI
    YaYa

Uhhgg......everyone is a victim.

MBTI
    epyT
    Enneagram

Dirtz with a z and...ting? If that's the type of people your getting your information from you need to stop everything your doing and go out and surround yourself with people who have been in line with the evolutionary progress we've made in the last few thousand years...
    Only after disaster can we be resurrected.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Quote Originally Posted by Typology View Post
    Dirtz with a z and...ting? If that's the type of people your getting your information from you need to stop everything your doing and go out and surround yourself with people who have been in line with the evolutionary progress we've made in the last few thousand years...
    LOL! Good one.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I mean, what are any of us 'supposed' to conclude that youth... according to BerberElla, do something like this? She's referring to her view on life, so sorry to say - hear it's something 'more' than a one-circumstance issue. Why? Because youth mean something to all of us one way or another - our future, etc. Personally, I posted here to address that in open light, and broaden the subject to what 'normally' happens in life.
    Did you read the OP? I don't believe she made a judgment on society as a whole, she was asking if we had seen something similar in our own surroundings. And people have said yes, we have seen it. There was even a man here who admitted to speaking like that. So it's clearly not a one off thing.

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    Thanks to 2 disgusting brothers I'm up to speed on all the nasty words that are used to describe the ladies.

Anyone else noticed this, any other words I should be aware of?

Guys, are you prone to not watching what you call women when you are with your friends?
    I respect the fact that you don't think this is an issue. But she does and she was asking if we do, as well. The simple answer could just be "no" and move on. Instead, she got her feelings dismissed:

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Then, there's the problem, here - as you pointed, it's ONE circumstance, which doesn't mean any thing, simply because... well, what? It has no basis. Who gives a crap that a bunch of guys call(ed) some girl such, or such, and such?

... In which case, that 'case' has no importance to it - and I would call it 'non-existent'.
    The answer to who gives a crap is: she does. She felt hurt and disgusted. Whether you agree with her opinion on the matter or not, can't you understand that some people do give a crap about what I am called, what she is called, what our sisters are called?