User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

Results 101 to 110 of 135

  1. #101
    12 and a half weeks BerberElla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    infp
    Posts
    2,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    i see you've given up on arguments and just gone over to insults. i shouldn't have expected more i guess.
    Very funny coming from the first one to take an insulting tone, don't start whining when it's done back to you.




    if that isn't what you claim, then what is your claim?
    A question is a claim these days?

    I don't make claims, I have theories, ones that can be changed all the time (see the P.....oh no wait, maybe you don;t)

    This thread is an exercise in questions and theories, not claims, not hard unchangable god damn claims.

    you know damn well that your tiny circle of hoodlums isn't the only tiny circle in the entire country, or hell, in the entire continent. even over here in europe, we have the same people. you label those as well. it's a generalization, possibly one of the worst i've ever heard.
    you seriously need to get out more then.

    When it comes to these youths, it is degrading for them to refer to women like this.

    And even then how is that half of the populace? exaggerate much?

    I can only assume from your vehement protection of this kind of language that you feel offended because you yourself are prone to calling women all sorts of names, yet deep down feel that you are not truly a misogynistic person.....like those people who say "hey, I'm not racist, I have black friends" it's so laughable.




    well sorry that you didn't "feel" it necessary. next time i'm writing a thesis or something similar i'll just start claiming wildly about and just say, "i didn't feel like backing those claims up".
    Putting an X through your T or F is a safe way to stay in limbo land and protect yourself from these "feely" digs........I think I should try it.

    Not only that but you aren't exactly backing up your claims here either........whoohoo on the double standards.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

    DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

    Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

  2. #102
    12 and a half weeks BerberElla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    infp
    Posts
    2,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post

    you assume that because of their language, they have a hatred towards women. i say it's in the culture (especially considering all the popularity of gangsta rap with their bitch this ho that lyrics), and because our western culture has little in the ways of role models for kids/teenagers.
    Oh, and at this point let me just add, that regardless of what words are used or not, when it comes to my brothers and their friends, I do not ASSUME (I know you like caps lock points) anything, I KNOW they are misogynistic.

    No assumption, knowledge.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

    DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

    Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

  3. #103
    morose bourgeoisie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,860

    Default

    BarberELLA: awesome.

  4. #104
    Phoenix Incarnate Sentura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    750

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    Very funny coming from the first one to take an insulting tone, don't start whining when it's done back to you.
    yeah nevermind that i was looking for logical backing from you. also i do think calling someone a misogynist is an insult, but that may just be me. i'm not whining, i just want some backing in your arguments. all i see is "assumption assumption insult assumption". you'll make it far with that, i'm sure.


    I don't make claims, I have theories, ones that can be changed all the time (see the P.....oh no wait, maybe you don;t)

    This thread is an exercise in questions and theories, not claims, not hard unchangable god damn claims.
    trying to back down now, because you can't justify your claims? a theory is a claim, just for the record.

    Theory Definition | Definition of Theory at Dictionary.com


    When it comes to these youths, it is degrading for them to refer to women like this.
    when did you become the judge over what is degradable and what is acceptable?

    I can only assume from your vehement protection of this kind of language that you feel offended because you yourself are prone to calling women all sorts of names, yet deep down feel that you are not truly a misogynistic person.....like those people who say "hey, I'm not racist, I have black friends" it's so laughable.
    if anything i am defending my free speech. i reserve the right to call anyone anything if i so please. again, you're so eager to make this personal. it's so laughable.

    Putting an X through your T or F is a safe way to stay in limbo land and protect yourself from these "feely" digs........I think I should try it.

    Not only that but you aren't exactly backing up your claims here either........whoohoo on the double standards.
    oh wow, you make everything so personal. it gets even better since you haven't read my signature as to what the X suggest, but you assume that you're right. come one with some logic already, all i see is insult upon insult.

    Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    Oh, and at this point let me just add, that regardless of what words are used or not, when it comes to my brothers and their friends, I do not ASSUME (I know you like caps lock points) anything, I KNOW they are misogynistic.

    No assumption, knowledge.
    ahaha, that's the best i've heard today. you have no way of knowing for sure, so it's an assumption. nice try though, i'll give you that.

    seriously though, i don't see anything worthwhile argument coming from you. i see assumptions, claims without arguments and insults. how do you ever think this would plead in any court anywhere? why do you think i'm questioning your claims in the first place? is your ego honestly big enough to assume this is personal? i don't care about who you are, i care about what you write. and so far i've only see bullshit. you want to be respected, then feel free to back up your arguments logically.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

    ...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

  5. #105
    12 and a half weeks BerberElla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    infp
    Posts
    2,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post




    when did you become the judge over what is degradable and what is acceptable?
    Since it was MY opinion, since when did you become the judge over what anybody else has the right to think on a subject?


    seriously though, i don't see anything worthwhile argument coming from you. i see assumptions,
    No, you assume you see assumptions.


    claims without arguments and insults.
    Have you tried it, I mean to my eyes it was you who decided to imply I was an idiot and you were ready to call me up on it, a post before I responded in kind.


    how do you ever think this would plead in any court anywhere?
    Who cares? honestly this is a thread on an internet forum, not a court of law.

    why do you think i'm questioning your claims in the first place?
    Because it's fun?

    is your ego honestly big enough to assume this is personal?
    Why yes, yes that is exactly what happened here.

    i don't care about who you are,
    That's good to know, makes me feel less bad about feeling the same way about you.


    i care about what you write.

    And yet you are not and have not read anything I have written in the way it was intended.

    and so far i've only see bullshit.
    Ditto.


    you want to be respected,
    Not by you I don't.


    then feel free to back up your arguments logically.
    Sure, if I felt it mattered, in your case I don't.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

    DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

    Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

  6. #106
    Phoenix Incarnate Sentura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    MBTI
    ENXP
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ENTp
    Posts
    750

    Default

    well then, you don't seem to want to continue this discussion. you still think this is personal because i called you out on being an idiot for making an assumption that a large number of people in a specific social group/layer are misogynistic because of the language they use, the clothes they wear and the music they listen to. :rolli:

    it's a shame you're not a better person than that, but then again i shouldn't have expected anything different from a person who'd start a thread like this in the first place. welcome to my ignore list, make yourself at home.
    i hunt INXPs for bounty
    FUNCTION ORDER FOR THOSE THAT CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHAT ENXP MEANS: Ne > Ni > Fi=Ti > *

    ...people tell me i have wildfires in my eyes

  7. #107
    12 and a half weeks BerberElla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    infp
    Posts
    2,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentura View Post
    well then, you don't seem to want to continue this discussion. you still think this is personal because i called you out on being an idiot for making an assumption that a large number of people in a specific social group/layer are misogynistic because of the language they use, the clothes they wear and the music they listen to. :rolli:
    Bullshit, I said nothing about the clothes, or the music they listen to. My brother listens to indie rock, since when was that the culture you are going on about.

    You are the one who is making a whole lot of stupid assumptions and asking me to back up on claims I haven't even made.


    it's a shame you're not a better person than that, but then again i shouldn't have expected anything different from a person who'd start a thread like this in the first place. welcome to my ignore list, make yourself at home.
    Now that's pathetic.

    Don't worry about me, being on your ignore list would be like winning the lottery.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

    DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

    Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

  8. #108
    I'm a star. Kangirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,470

    Default

    Sentura, as far as I can see, Berberella posed a question about a small and very specific group of young males. No one in this thread has said anything along the lines of "all young men are misogynists," no one has brought up dress or music (and yet you've accused Berberella of it twice now!) as a reason to assume others are misogynist. When you asked her for textual quotations re: misogyny in Islam, she gave them to you, straight up, and you basically failed to even acknowledge what she'd posted, let alone question how the quotes might affecting your position.

    You seem to want to make this into a larger issue - you seem to be arguing against something no one is saying. No one is saying these boys should be thrown in the language jail because of the words they use, most of us have said yeah, you know, the use of those words don't reflect very well on those using them. Do you *really* see no misogyny in a male referring to a female as a set of (dirty) genitalia? None? And since you asked Berberella what gives her the 'right' to determine what's misogynist/offensive, and she *clearly* replied to you that is was her personal opinion, why is that a problem for you? Do you feel you have the 'right' to determine it's not misogynist or offensive, in some kind of beyond-the-personal-opinion-level way? And if not, why argue with a personal take on a situation?

    This was an interesting thread and it was also a civilised one until you popped in and started a)arguing against arguments that weren't being made and b)arguing them badly (are you going to acknowledge you were wrong about the Jamaican accents? are you going to acknowledge that you claimed that these boys both were *and* weren't responsible for their actions? are you going to apologize for making insulting assumptions re: Berberella's socio economic status (because once again, you could very well be wrong here - there are many middle class boys from nice middle class families in the UK who affect this whole gangsta persona?).

    I just don't understand your motivation for coming in here and effing the thread up. You don't even seem to be making a coherent argument. If you're saying you object to language policing, I'm pretty sure no one's arguing with you on that specific point.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

    "please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

  9. #109
    S Saiyan God Mace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te
    Posts
    2,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercy View Post
    In my religion, this shit doesn't matter. Deal with it by dismissing it, forgive, move on. Maybe dismiss the people who offend you.
    Seconded.

    ... Basically, Islam is NOT important - it only becomes 'apparent' based on what circumstances you put yourselves through. In this case, it's why I pointed my finger at the 'low class' of society in general. A lot of people, whether muslim or non-muslim, male or female come across as 'fucked up' any way, but generalizing one ideology that appears to be the problem - for instance, Islam, and dismissing every thing else does make us wonder about your intentions, and position around the 'problem'.

    (not you, Mercy... sorry!)

  10. #110
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    That's because only Muslims say this kind of thing, didn't you know?

    But seriously, I've heard some of my younger brother's friends say this kind of thing. Usually they don't know I'm in the next room or something--I don't think they'd knowingly say it in front of me.
    Regarding your rep on this post, Victor, you assume much about my opinions (as usual). I have read BerberElla's posts about Islam, and I have always agreed that there are problematic elements in the religion. What is that supposed to change my mind about? That only Muslims are misogynists? Clearly not the case, as we see misogyny right here on this forum perpetrated by non-Muslims all the time.

    My point was that this is not a thread about Islam, though it seems you'd like to make it into one.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Similar Threads

  1. What Lessons/Principles Should be Taught to the Youth of Today?
    By Cloudpatrol in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 10-24-2016, 04:20 PM
  2. On the reasons why an ISFJ Catholic refers to feces as "concentrated sin"
    By nozflubber in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-20-2009, 08:37 AM
  3. To understand the object of study is to leave it
    By wildcat in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-23-2007, 03:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO