User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Swearing

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    I have a great affinity for the term "fucktard". It captures the essence of so many people so well.
    That's my favorite, too.

Sniffles

Depends. I usually swear if Im upset, angry, frustrated, teasing,or just trying to get a point across. People are often quite shocked to hear me swear, because they don't expect that kind of language from somebody like me; especially since I'm a deeply religious person.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Honestly, I abstain from swearing almost always.

I have found that in the public, if you need to admonish/berate someone, that for the innocent bystanders, your image is best served by attacking your target's inadequacies/faults with non-profane language.

If you are able to do so, then you can call them out for their failures, shame them, and compel them to bow to your will for fear of future altercations, and none of those in the immediate proximity can slight you for anything other than being a rigid of person of priniciple that has been wronged and had the courage to rectify it in real time.

If you think otherwise then go fuck yourself.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    If you think otherwise then go fuck yourself.
    I like your style.

Senior Thread Terminator Aerithria's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

I'm not a fan of swearing for the sake of it, though there are times when I use it for emphasis, which is usually done for the sake of comedy.

Exceptions to this are if I've just stubbed my toe, whacked my head, or generally been clumsy enough to physically injure myself.
    [insert funny quote/saying/etc.]

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Aerithria View Post
    I'm not a fan of swearing for the sake of it, though there are times when I use it for emphasis, which is usually done for the sake of comedy.

Exceptions to this are if I've just stubbed my toe, whacked my head, or generally been clumsy enough to physically injure myself.
    Ooo yeah! Unexpected abrupt sharp physical pain will generate a torrent of profanity that would make an inmate on Riker's wince. It's almost Tourette's-like.

In my day-to-day dealings I really don't curse all that much. I can't

MBTI
    INTP

Though I'm not well-travelled, so I don't have a true barometer for it, I think New Zealanders swear more casually than somewhere like America. The word "fuck" is hardly noticed when spoken sometimes. Usually when said like, "where the fuck did I put my keys?" It just rolls off the tongue for me without our realising. It's so unnoticeable in these cases that it's not even said for vulgarity, it's just part of the common lexicon.

For the word "shit" it is hardly noticed when synonymous with the word "stuff". As in, "I just put all my shit down there."

And though I don't say it quite as often, there's a guy at work that hardly notices when he says the word "cunt," as in, "what a funny cunt," or "this pissed as cunt came up to me," which translates, respectively, into "what a funny guy" or "this drunk guy came up to me."

I think it's a generation though, people of my generation don't care about it generally, but try to curtail it around the baby-boomers.
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    ISTP

I very rarely swear AT people. I swear quite often however..
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    451 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp Ni

I don't think I have ever sworn in front of another person unless I count a few times online. I just can't do it, I don't know why; I don't have a moral problem with it or anything. When no one's around, on the other hand . . .
    [ Ni > Ti > Fe > Fi > Ne > Te > Si > Se ][ 4w5 sp/sx ][ RLOAI ][ IEI-Ni ]

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

i swear a moderate amount. in certain moods i swear a lot. when i am drinking i swear a lot. when i am in a really good mood a swear a lot, like a lot lot.

my favorite is probably shit. and to refer to things as shit, like Mort Belfry mentioned.
    i have a friend who calls people jackfuckers. that is a pretty good one i think.