User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    I don't know about where you live, but where I'm from it's considered rude to tell someone how to clean the windows unless they are your pre-adolescent child or your employee.
    She's female. In Sona's culture that amounts to the same thing.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

NO. They're not "supposed to be painted". You pulled that rule out of your ass.
    you going to put wall parer on your wall with stupid patterns on them? you should just paint them with good solid colors, preferably red.

big fucking deal.
    The carpet should be of lighter colors, or better yet you should just have laminated flooring. Its not 1993.

what, in the fridge?
    Of course not in the fridge. But his wifes high heels were just laying around in the corner of the room. They should be out of sight in show rack.

I don't know about where you live, but where I'm from it's considered rude to tell someone how to clean the windows unless they are your pre-adolescent child or your employee.
    Its my friends wife, whats his is mine and what mines is his. I wouldn't mind it if he said it to my wife. I would be happy, so I want my wife to feel embarrassed so next time she will make an effort to make the house look nice. You just don't seem to understand.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    You would hate my house then, it's got way too much clutter, nothing matches properly, the colour co-ordination is off, I clean when I feel like it (not that it's messy), it looks very lived in. Then again this isn;t my house so I have no choice in the layout or design, and I really just can;t seem to care all that much about it.

A house is a house, as long as it's lived in it's a home. Having a show house would look nice, but that requires effort, which could be better spent on my dreamy endeavours.
    You don't actually care? what if the man of your dreams (say for exmple me) came round to your place. And was disappointed in your lack of enthusiasm about keeping your house looking esthetically pleasing.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Sona View Post
    you going to put wall parer on your wall with stupid patterns on them? you should just paint them with good solid colors, preferably red.
    You're nuts, man. How do you make it through the day with so many imperfect people breathing the same air as you?

The carpet should be of lighter colors, or better yet you should just have laminated flooring. Its not 1993.
    Perhaps you should offer to pay for new flooring for them, since it's so important to you. Put your money where your mouth is.

Of course not in the fridge. But his wifes high heels were just laying around in the corner of the room. They should be out of sight in show rack.
    Why should they be out of sight? Please explain this. Does it say so in the Qu'ran? Is there a law somewhere that says high heels should be out of sight? I want you to cite this rule/law.

Its my friends wife, whats his is mine and what mines is his. I wouldn't mind it if he said it to my wife. I would be happy, so I want my wife to feel embarrassed so next time she will make an effort to make the house look nice. You just don't seem to understand.
    So he shares his wife with you, physically? Why would you EVER want someone to make your hypothetical wife embarrassed? Actually, don't bother explaining that. I know why. You're fucking nuts.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

You don't actually care? what if the man of your dreams (say for exmple me) came round to your place. And was disappointed in your lack of enthusiasm about keeping your house looking esthetically pleasing.
    Then he wouldn't be the man of her dreams. Not everyone is anal-retentive, like you.

Any woman dreaming of you is having a nightmare.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    You're nuts, man. How do you make it through the day with so many imperfect people breathing the same air as you?
    I drink alot, after a few drinks everything looks nice.

Perhaps you should offer to pay for new flooring for them, since it's so important to you. Put your money where your mouth is.
    I would. However, It would like bad, as if am trying to say something indirectly.

Why should they be out of sight? Please explain this. Does it say so in the Qu'ran? Is there a law somewhere that says high heels should be out of sight? I want you to cite this rule/law.
    Just personal preference.

So he shares his wife with you, physically? Why would you EVER want someone to make your hypothetical wife embarrassed? Actually, don't bother explaining that. I know why. You're fucking nuts.
    Of course not physically. He would kill me if he found out. No I am not nuts. Nuts is to have unmathincging doors in your house.

you going to put wall parer on your wall with stupid patterns on them? you should just paint them with good solid colors, preferably red. ...
    You must be jocking, this thing about red walls and friends with dirty houses that you tell them how to clean cannot be serious

MBTI
    ENTP

Speaking of shoulds, you should learn the appropriate times for directives. It's not appropriate to use a directive when you're stating an opinion.

Your opinion on his wallcovering choice is irrelevant because your friend owns the house, not you.

Your opinion doesn't matter! It's his floor!

There you go again. They are her shoes. As long as she's not stabbing you in the heart with them, you have no right to complain. They are being hospitable by inviting your stupid ass over and all you can do is moan about their interior decorating skills? You're a bad friend.

So if whats his is yours, and you don't like how he's keeping his stuff then the logical next step is to move in and change everything around. How do you think he'd respond to that?
    And you're not acknowledging the fact that this is a difference of opinion. If your friend did the same thing you were doing, since he has different opinions he would be criticizing the way you prefer to keep your house. If you don't alter the petty details of your life for other people, why should they alter them for you? What makes your opinions better?
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I've got it! Sona's got OCD!

That explains so many things. And it doesn't even matter if it isn't true.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I drink alot, after a few drinks everything looks nice.
    I'm sure your liver thanks you.

I would. However, It would like bad, as if am trying to say something indirectly.
    And what makes you think they care about your opinion? Not that I would ever invite you to my house, but if you happened to be there and started running your mouth like you do here, you'd be kicked to the curb before you could blink.

Just personal preference.
    So you shouldn't have used the word "should". It's all about you and how you feel. You don't care how others feel.

Of course not physically. He would kill me if he found out. No I am not nuts. Nuts is to have unmathincging doors in your house.
    Keep telling yourself that. You might convince someone, someday.