User Tag List

First 234

Thread: Seat Belts

MBTI
    I

I always wear my seat belt. It has saved my life, thank goodness, on multiple occasions.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I always wear a seatbelt because my car starts beeping if I don't. Eventually it just became automatic. I don't even notice I have it on anymore.

I know someone that survived a crash because he wasn't wearing a seatbelt though. (Got flown out of the car prior to impact on a tree, the car folded around the tree and into the drivers seat. Had he still been inside he would have been mush.)

That said, in most cases seatbelts are safer. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    I feel so naked without my seat belt on.
    Even more naked than you usually feel?

MBTI
    ESTP

I always wear a seatbelt, even though I can't drive. I like to be sure that in case of an accident, I have the highest chances of staying alive.

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Yes, all the time. I've cheated putting on my seatbelt as a passenger if the car's only going like 1/4mi... but that's about it.

My mom went through two visits to Shock Trauma thanks to accidents while almost never wearing her seatbelt. Absolutely ugly and terrifying seeing her go through that.
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

am i really the only person here who tempts fate and goes sans belt?
    where i live almost everyone goes belt-less, and would be surprised to see someone wearing one.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics

Three words - 5-point racing harness.

Buckleup.
    ESTP - Definition: "Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target a 120 km away, with an aratech sniper rifle and tri-light scope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

I always wear one; it's entirely automatic at this point.

However, it wasn't always. When I was a kid, we only wore them when we went for a long trip on the highway...never for around town driving. Although when I was very small, my mother would allow me to stand on the front seat if I wore the seatbelt. I think that was more so I didn't wander around the car than anything. My favorite way to ride in the car as a kid was to lie down in the rear window.

I did get a seatbelt ticket when they first became mandatory. It was so hard for me to get used to...but now it's second nature.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Actually I used to not care when I was depressed, now that I'm happier I buckle up more often. Buckles up when driving others around yet tends to go without sometimes.

Part of me says its uncomfortable as I got used to feeling free. The other is the depressed and rebellious aspect, considering all my family and friends have been in accidents except me, even when I'm irresponsible there is a cautiousness that ruffles my nose.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

I do it even when I feel like dying. Completely automatic. For that matter, I had driving safety so drilled into me that, even when feeling self-destructive, near-misses seriously frighten me.

For some reason my father and uncles couldn't understand why my uncle was afraid of getting in a car accident when a couple near-misses happened on the eight hour drive to where they were, even though he planned to kill himself less than 8 hours later. I think it's similar to my always wearing a seat belt and aversion to accidents.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.