User Tag List

123 Last

Enneagram
    1w2

Default Have you ever been hustled?

Or hustled someone?

And it's got to be a good hustle, not something you should've seen through in 10 seconds.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I've been hustled once... Almost. It was pretty good.

At work I was on the register (grocery store worker) and a guy comes up talking really fast with just a pack of gum, a 20, a 5, and a bunch of quarters. Basically all at once he gave me the 20 to pay with, wanted a 4 dollars in quarters and a dollar in nickels and dimes (from the remaining one) and wanted to turn his quarters into a few dollars. He also said that all at once. I think he was expecting me to get confused, I almost was when I thought about it too much, but I decided to just to one thing at a time. I took his 20 to pay with, and gave him his change. Then as I started doing the other stuff he said "whoa whoa I'm using the five to pay with, I didn't mean to give you that 20, can I have it back?" after I have given him his change and the coins for his 5. Things weren't really connecting and I said "Uh... I gave you your change for the 20. Give me it back and I'll-" Then he took his stuff and his quarters and sped off just saying "I've gotta go".

Man. That guy was talking at a million miles per hour!
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    I

No. I hustle everyone else.

MBTI
    ISTx

Some guy tried to scam the small diner I worked at in high school. He came into the store when I wasn't there (the only employees were the two owners who were bf and gf and myself (yeah, real small diner) and told the owners that he had called and spoke to me about a large take-out order that was screwed up and I had given attitude and refused to resolve their issue (complete BS, I didn't even answer the phone there ever). He wanted what he claimed was "his" money back. Yeah, the order had never happened nor had the phone call. People that do this stuff genuinely piss me off.

MBTI
    NICE

A few years ago in my local bar (it was very local), I noticed a guy who I'd never seen before, sipping on half a pint of cheap beer. Nothing particularly unusual there. A girl had come into the pub, claiming she had just finished at an "exhibition" and was selling some top-rate Japanese knives. She asked the punters at the bar if anyone had heard of Ninja Knives (or some such) and this stranger guy pipes up, "Yeah, they're really good knives - expensive too!". They were foiled not by lack of gullability, more the lack of culinary expertise: Jason, the barman, claimed "even my bin has ulcers". Classic shill and con-girl selling cheap rubbish as quality gear.

Nope. Never been scammed but I don't rule out the possibility.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

In Thailand, I got hustled good by a taxi driver once. Pissed me off, he managed scam the equivilant of $50 dollar(AUS) of me, with the no change line. So as I was plucking through my wallet to get the right change, he snatched the note off me as I was giving him the right money, and wouldn't give it back. I asked him for it back and he told me he didn't know what I was talking about, and then preceeded to ignore me. In the end I gave it up, 'cos I was going to miss my flight otherwise. I managed to get through the whole month there without being scammed (as far as I'm aware) up until that point.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISTP

Nope. Combination of being a quick thinker, and intimidating to those who don't know me/I don't like, has kept it from happening. (Mostly because if you start to annoy/bother me, my facial expression is something along the lines of a cross between a robot, and an angry serial killer....and I'm 6' 2" and decently strong).
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

Banned

I get hustled on a fairly regular basis by this guy.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    I get hustled on a fairly regular basis by this guy.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

Wal*Mart paid my $500 court fees.

Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"