User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: WHAT???

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    Thanks everyone!

  2. #22
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    This was probably an intelligent person who dealt with people less nuanced in understanding than themselves for so long that they've finally lost it. Now they just assume everyone is stupid if there's even a minor sign that could be construed to imply that they believe a common misconception, and tear into them like madmen.

    I've seen a lot of intelligent minds go this way. Some of them just can't handle the pressure and turn into twisted, bitter, angry creatures that can no longer see reality clearly, and are only responding to shadows and reflections of what lies in their own imagination and memories.

    They might effectively be trolls, but not all trolls start out like this. Just pointing that out.

    Perhaps you should pity them, if they're really that far gone.
    My own opinion, only I'm all cold and NT, it was kind of an interesting if very repetitive study.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    Objectively, I can understand seeing it as interesting.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    This was probably an intelligent person who dealt with people less nuanced in understanding than themselves for so long that they've finally lost it. Now they just assume everyone is stupid if there's even a minor sign that could be construed to imply that they believe a common misconception, and tear into them like madmen.

    I've seen a lot of intelligent minds go this way. Some of them just can't handle the pressure and turn into twisted, bitter, angry creatures that can no longer see reality clearly, and are only responding to shadows and reflections of what lies in their own imagination and memories.

    They might effectively be trolls, but not all trolls start out like this. Just pointing that out.

    Perhaps you should pity them, if they're really that far gone.
    I do pity her. I think she's tired of generalizations that would make HER as an ESFP look non-intellectual. But attacking someone with childish names? How does that help? Obviously, as you say, it's not about helping...


    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    Honestly, I've seen worse here. All those "sorries" just made me yawn.
    BORING, I know, but mean if directed at me. Hehe...


    Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    That's just a bit ridiculous. What did the other members say to that? That couldn't have possibly been taken well... Someone probably saw the bullsh*t of that post.

    I've honestly been trolled on here. It's not pleasant. I won't say any names, but the person wouldn't listen to me (seemingly intentionally) and bashed my points by taking them out of context and blowing up the fake errors he saw. We were just talking about theory... Ugh. He dismissed mine and basically called me an idiot for thinking that, while it was perfectly valid. I felt bad too.

    It happens.
    Thanks.

  5. #25
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    That was a pretty uncalled for tirade. I hate it when people do that. Like they have all the time in the world to willfully misunderstand and judge strangers.

    Dismiss her as some unwanted internet entity.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  6. #26
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    I do pity her. I think she's tired of generalizations that would make HER as an ESFP look non-intellectual. But attacking someone with childish names? How does that help? Obviously, as you say, it's not about helping...
    That's actually a very good insight into why she's like that. I think she's attacking with childish names because she's hurt and feels like everyone is attacking her. When people get defensive, they stop helping.

  7. #27
    Wild Card Atomic Fiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti
    Posts
    7,164

    Default

    Get her E-mail, I'll send her personal message with a trojan attached that will rewrite the script of her computer to open farm animal porn whenever she starts up.

  8. #28
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Your ESTP is coming out to play, SH? *laughs*
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  9. #29
    Senior Member FC3S's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    666
    Socionics
    777
    Posts
    371

    Default

    In order of pretension level from weakest to highest, Zodiac, Enneagram, Jung, MBTI, Socionics. A certain kind of person plagues these - psuedo intellectual wannabe posers. Take that in for a moment. Can you smell the bullshit that radiates from it? These psuedo-intellects get together and start to mull about things. They form new ideas, set new standards etc. They become the pretentious elite of society...

    ...and why shouldn't they, they are intellectuals [/sarcasm].

    Now, like any forum on the Internet, like any group in the real world - this group of intellectuals defines a set of rules and etiquette that must be observed at all times. Being the ones that are long time members of the community, most agree with a nod of approval. Members are to abide by these rules at all times - and most can, simply because they were the ones that had a vote in them!

    Now, there is usually one for every clubhouse, sometimes two (if the egoes can fit). He is the master, and the champion. He has an insanely rigid standard. He speaks from the area of facts, statistics, empirical data, objectional logic, and informed decision making. I'm sure there are a few more buzzwords I'm missing. The other members of the clubhouse gaze in awe, IN AWE, at his most bodaciously awesome psuedo-intellectual wannabe poser abilities. They brand him the master, and the master readily accepts it. His ego inflates several times more in order to hold all of the bullshit. The more bullshit, the bigger his ego.

    Gaze in awe for a moment, I mean ewe.

    The clubhouse mentality will persist as normal. The group agrees as usual. Until the master comes. When he disagrees or agrees, it is final. There is no further question. He IS the master [/sarcasm]

    Inevitably outsiders will approach the group, for whatever reason. Outsiders with their different style of experience and thinking, and more often than not, CRITICAL thinking - threaten the existence of this clubhouse mentality. The standards they have all accepted are in jeopardy. Their champion is quickly roused from his slumber, and he is swift and merciless in punishing you.

    You can readily identify the champion by his bullshit holding ego - He'll make it a point to quote every sentence you say, and rip it apart. Bonus pretension points if he can write a thesis for each sentence he is ripping apart. It is pointless to argue, he has more stamina that he has built up over the years. This is easy for him - and he'll win if you take him head on.

    While some people can call this festering douchebag a troll, that is an insult to trolls everywhere. A troll is the lowest form of forum scumbag and (usually) lays controversial bait, and leaves just as fast to avoid the ensuing flamewar that destroys too many forums to count.

    The intellectual master, is quite the opposite. Not only is he established as the best forum member, but he has the backing of everyone behind him. He attacks you when you are the one believed by all of the forum to be controversial. When he attacks, belittles, and demeans you - the forum will back him up.

    He can be likened to a religious fanatic or a cult leader with a large following. Because he's an intellectual fanatic, he is already close minded. Also, more than likely he feels his closed system is without flaw, and without error. It is closed and it is perfect [/sarcasm].

    Because he is a bigot and close minded, you may safely dismiss him on those grounds. Dismiss him, and refuse to play his game. You can argue until you are blue in the face, but he has the stamina to argue from years of experience.

    I'll apologize in advance for attempting to sound clever or dare I say intelligent for once.
    ESTP - Definition: "Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target a 120 km away, with an aratech sniper rifle and tri-light scope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  10. #30
    Protocol Droid Athenian200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    8,828

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FC3S View Post
    In order of pretension level from weakest to highest, Zodiac, Enneagram, Jung, MBTI, Socionics. A certain kind of person plagues these - psuedo intellectual wannabe posers. Take that in for a moment. Can you smell the bullshit that radiates from it? These psuedo-intellects get together and start to mull about things. They form new ideas, set new standards etc. They become the pretentious elite of society...

    ...and why shouldn't they, they are intellectuals [/sarcasm].

    Now, like any forum on the Internet, like any group in the real world - this group of intellectuals defines a set of rules and etiquette that must be observed at all times. Being the ones that are long time members of the community, most agree with a nod of approval. Members are to abide by these rules at all times - and most can, simply because they were the ones that had a vote in them!

    Now, there is usually one for every clubhouse, sometimes two (if the egoes can fit). He is the master, and the champion. He has an insanely rigid standard. He speaks from the area of facts, statistics, empirical data, objectional logic, and informed decision making. I'm sure there are a few more buzzwords I'm missing. The other members of the clubhouse gaze in awe, IN AWE, at his most bodaciously awesome psuedo-intellectual wannabe poser abilities. They brand him the master, and the master readily accepts it. His ego inflates several times more in order to hold all of the bullshit. The more bullshit, the bigger his ego.

    Gaze in awe for a moment, I mean ewe.

    The clubhouse mentality will persist as normal. The group agrees as usual. Until the master comes. When he disagrees or agrees, it is final. There is no further question. He IS the master [/sarcasm]

    Inevitably outsiders will approach the group, for whatever reason. Outsiders with their different style of experience and thinking, and more often than not, CRITICAL thinking - threaten the existence of this clubhouse mentality. The standards they have all accepted are in jeopardy. Their champion is quickly roused from his slumber, and he is swift and merciless in punishing you.

    You can readily identify the champion by his bullshit holding ego - He'll make it a point to quote every sentence you say, and rip it apart. Bonus pretension points if he can write a thesis for each sentence he is ripping apart. It is pointless to argue, he has more stamina that he has built up over the years. This is easy for him - and he'll win if you take him head on.

    While some people can call this festering douchebag a troll, that is an insult to trolls everywhere. A troll is the lowest form of forum scumbag and (usually) lays controversial bait, and leaves just as fast to avoid the ensuing flamewar that destroys too many forums to count.

    The intellectual master, is quite the opposite. Not only is he established as the best forum member, but he has the backing of everyone behind him. He attacks you when you are the one believed by all of the forum to be controversial. When he attacks, belittles, and demeans you - the forum will back him up.

    He can be likened to a religious fanatic or a cult leader with a large following. Because he's an intellectual fanatic, he is already close minded. Also, more than likely he feels his closed system is without flaw, and without perfect. It is closed and it is perfect [/sarcasm].

    Because he is a bigot and close minded, you may safely dismiss him on those grounds. Dismiss him, and refuse to play his game. You can argue until you are blue in the face, but he has the stamina to argue from years of experience.

    I'll apologize in advance for attempting to sound clever or dare I say intelligent for once.
    That kind of stuff doesn't happen on internet forums, at least not for long. People are too smart for that. It's all in your head.


Similar Threads

  1. What is Philosophy?
    By SolitaryWalker in forum Philosophy and Spirituality
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 01-09-2013, 09:10 PM
  2. [NF] What sort of topics are NF type topics?
    By Alienclock in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 06-23-2007, 09:39 AM
  3. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-28-2007, 06:40 PM
  4. I'm here...now what?
    By Wolf in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-25-2007, 10:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO