User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    Normally I'm a pretty calm guy, but lately I've noticed that I've been getting somewhat angry. I can't really figure out why. I have theories, but alas, understanding complex emotion isn't my strong suit.

Most of my anger has been really small stuff that has set me off, resulting in loud aggressive responses. Like yelling in traffic. Actually, I haven't directly yelled at anyone, just sort of yelled like a jackass to myself in my car. Then pretty much immediately afterward I was struck at how weird/useless that was. But I also found myself angry about little things around the house, and the pattern is the same - strong anger and then feeling really silly afterward.

I suspect, but am not sure, that completely unrelated events are stressing me out. I drive a diesel truck and move furniture for my job (not a bad job for a 20 year old) and a day or two ago I pulled around back and parked in an alley (DC rowhouses). It was an L shaped alley so I presumed there was an exit on the other side of the L, and parked in such a way as too leave room for cars to exit on both sides.

I'm inside the apartment (close by), hear a honk and the lady I'm moving for says I'm blocking someone. So I get down there (45 seconds cause I was going down the stairs anyway) and this lady starts barking at me. "What were you thinking?" she says, arms up, eyes intent.
    I try to be polite. "I thought there was an exit on the other side"

"NO, there is no exit."

I see this isn't going anywhere so I hop in the cab, start up and move somewhere else. The lady is waiting there for me when I get out. I walk pass her car and try to just give her a nod and move on but she rolls down her window, and in a rather condescending quasi-friendly tone explains: "I'm coming back in 30 minutes. If your truck is blocking the alley, I'll have no other choice but to call 911."

"I don't think that will be necessary."

She gives me a fake half smile and I walk away.

Normally I just wouldn't care about this whole thing, write it off as someone I wouldn't want to associate with, but for some reason, this whole thing just pissed me off and continues to do so for the last couple days.

I don't really even know what I'm writing here, but if you could give me some practical advice on how to chill out that'd be cool.
    It sounds like you may have had an encounter with an upper middle class psycho nazi neighborhood rule-enforcer bitch. The next time you come across one of those, give them the finger and tell them where they can stick it. They don't have the right to tell you what to do.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Intricate Mystic View Post
    It sounds like you may have had an encounter with an upper middle class psycho nazi neighborhood rule-enforcer bitch. The next time you come across one of those, give them the finger and tell them where they can stick it. They don't have the right to tell you what to do.
    And how!

MBTI
    I

Bamboo, I too have been getting unusually more angry at little things more these days, this whole year really. As for your situation with that lady, that would piss the hell out of me too.

MBTI
    XXFP

Update and important notes:
    I chilled out.

Tongue meat is the best meat.

I wrote "la luenga" or something before. Lengua is correct.

I'm talking real tacos.

I get silly sometimes.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

You mean you aren't gonna go Rambo??

*sulks*
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

For me, in that bitch-ass lady situation, my mood subsequently would be foul AND livid, if I did what you did.

If I'm nice, and, get attitude back, and, EVEN AFTER, I'm nice AGAIN (highly unlikely for me), and they STILL are a bitch....I cannot NOT give them a piece of my mind.

It would bug me to no end. Like, constant replay of the situations, with 'what ifs'....getting me :steam: and :steam:.

I would lament over the missed opportunities to call her on her shyte when I had the chance. Hence, irl, most situations, I like to leave 'em with an even score. Give what you get. Mental catharsis. I.e., I can forgeddaboutit.

Not so much about them hearing it, but, more about me needing to say it.

Meh. That's just me and my 0.02 cents.

MBTI
    XXFP

I actually keep driving around that neighborhood on jobs. I wonder if I'll see her again.

I probably won't care actually. I certainly don't at this point.

I suppose I could talk about how I was "under stress" or this that and the other thing but it came down to this: I needed to chill out. So I did. And now things are chill.

Wow, this was only 3 days ago? Jeeze I'd say it was a week.

I got a camera, let me post a burrito (non-tongue, non authentic) I made.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

You should bring her flowers. That would be hilarious.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    XXFP

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...t-burrito.html

This one lady gave me the finger when I goosed the throttle around a turn in the snow (she was outside her house), I almost went back and gave her chocolate but...didn't. Good story me!

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

It sounds like you ran into my sister...sorry 'bout that

And you're in one of the least friendly cities in the country, in my opinion...