User Tag List

First 123 Last

Traveller and nomad who slowly would like a bit more stability. But the thought of moving excites me, I get bored when I stay too many years in one place.

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I move around like it's going out of style. I keep an empty apartments and basically get rid of anything that won't fit in a suitcase or two. But when I reach my destination, I'm somewhat of a homebody until the next move. I have businesses based in NY, so I always end up coming back here regularly, but before that I never once thought about 'roots'.
    Yes about the suitcase thing! I am not very materialistic and hate having too many things since I feel they keep me bound to one place, so every time I move I give away a lot of books etc. I am also not sure about roots, one city I really love is Berlin in Germany but at the moment I am in London which I don't love that much but I have a lot of friends here so that is fine.

MBTI
    INTj

As usual, I'll just read the thread title and comment . . .

I'm a homebody that likes to change neighborhoods every two or three years. Essentially, I get bored with my surroundings and find entertainment, intrigue, etc., in finding and exploring new - relatively - environments.

I see this as a reaction to living in the same town for close to thirty years.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i'm a total nomad...or would like to be anyway. i would literally move every year or two if i could...knowing i could always move back to some place that i loved if i wanted to but you really can't absorb an environment as much by just visiting. i want the experience of living there...traveling around there to new spots...going to the nearby stores or markets. i love it...i need to be able to work anywhere so i can do that. i don't know how else my restless spirit will ever be satisfied.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Lightyear View Post
    Yes about the suitcase thing! I am not very materialistic and hate having too many things since I feel they keep me bound to one place, so every time I move I give away a lot of books etc. I am also not sure about roots, one city I really love is Berlin in Germany but at the moment I am in London which I don't love that much but I have a lot of friends here so that is fine.
    Oh, I lived in Berlin for a while and loved it. New York is still my favorite city, though. Every time I come back, it's like Christmas - everything changes so quickly here...

MBTI
    ISTJ

Hmm, I have impulses to travel all over but I am definitely a homebody overall.
    Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~Plato

Sniffles

Default I'm a travelling soul

I guess it depends on how you see things. In many ways I see the whole world as my home, and I can't confine myself to just one room in the house. I'm very much a restless soul, always on the move(physically and especially mentally). I seriously can't stay in one place for too long.

Yet having said that, I have no tolerance for rootlessness. Roots are very important to me, and paradoxically that seems to be behind the persistent inner drive to see the world that's been within me my entire life. The problem has always been how to find the appropriate means to statisfy that inner drive.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I don't really grow roots, and as soon as the Amazon gets wireless internet access I'm moving there.

MBTI
    ENTP

I'm responsible for two kids, so since that became the case I haven't roamed around like I used to or would still by nature and choice.

yeah... 'roots' is a foreign idea to me, or has been most of my life. when people say "where do you come from?" I look at them strangely as if to say "what the hell does THAT matter?"

Places I've lived have had an impact on me, though not in proportion to the time I've spent in them. The place I spent the least time in (France) had the biggest impact, followed by the North of England - the south of England and Home Counties (area round London), where I spent nearly 10 years of my life... virtually no impact at all.

Wherever I live though, I'm not at home very much. I go out a lot, deliberately to random places I've not been before. I take spontaneous vacations ALL the time. I'm just about to book one, as it happens...
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I don't really grow roots, and as soon as the Amazon gets wireless internet access I'm moving there.
    Where you'll soon be hunted down by an indigenous tribe of cannibals. One can only hope.

I'm a homebody, but only because I'm lazy. If I did move, I wouldn't miss anything about the old place.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson