MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w
    Socionics
    EII

Default How you judge others

Hi,

An ENFJ friend of mine said people's shoes are one thing he always looks at in the first minutes of meeting someone new which strikes me as somewhat ridiculous and it's that that made me wonder. I usually judge (or guess) people by wether they are friendly and/or caring. Personality characteristics in general, more than visual appearances.

So how do you judge others ?
    in other words, in the first minutes of meeting someone new what determines your overall opinion of them ?

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I do not judge in the first few minutes. I do make assumptions. But for me to truely start judging someone, I'd need to know them for quite some time. (Or see them behaving very particular to a certain situation removing any doubt.)
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Banned

LOL! I always look at shoes, but it's probably not for the reasons most people would assume. I talked about this a little in the "people watching" thread a bit. It's really a curiosity with the way a person physically navigates the world. The kind of shoe and the wear patterns can tell you a lot about the person's lifestyle, but not much about their character.

MBTI
    DEAD
    Enneagram
    1w2

I notice their eyes and smile or lack thereof, but what really hits home, is when they open their mouths. I've heard it said what's in the heart, comes out of the mouth. After a few years as a recruitment officer and manager, nothing could come closer to the truth.
    Johari / Nohari

Enneagram 1w2/Lifepath 1/first zodiac sign Aries/first Chinese zodiac sign RAT/first born in my siblings of 3. Did I forget to mention first?

Independent Director

I don't judge: that implies I'm finding fault, which I'm not. I tend to just observe and report. Little contradictions like a man wearing a suit riding a skateboard (which I really did see a couple weeks ago) are hilarious.

MBTI
    ISTx

I take everything into account when speculating of someone. Appearance, apparel, attitude, demeanor etc.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I think it's very typical for an INTP to never judge unless it's the only logical course of action left. Or too obvious to not take note off.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

I must admit I judge people's shoes, but I don't necessarily judge THEM based on the shoes. If the shoes are bad, I feel bad for them and conclude they don't know any better.

MBTI
    ISFJ

I "judge" people by their words usually. But I've been called weird before so....

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

How much neurotic excessive bling bling (and amount spent) they choose to decorate the apparatus that encapsulates themselves. Other than that, i'd need one or more pieces of substantial information. Usually gathered by sensory collection. The intuition is always deciding as the interaction unfolds. So even the bling bling observations are always in check.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?