User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Don't think I follow - seems ridiculous.

MBTI
    ESFJ

I don't think that multiple marriage will be a norm, nor do I think that people will (or should) stop eating meat. Hopefully, the War on Drugs and the argument over gay marriage/civil unions will be over.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Of all of those, I think the least likely is stopping eating meat.
    I think it is among the most likely (except for rescheduling drugs, but that's a marginal improvement).

The reason is that, fundamentally, life is sacred. The two outcomes of bio-engineering is that we will no longer need to create aware life to eat... and it will blur the gap between us and the animal kingdom.

I also expect that it will be one of the major final movements that pushes many of the current monotheistic religions into rapid change. Course, these are only pressures on events, no one knows how they will turn out.

Senior Thread Terminator Aerithria's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Of all of those, I think the least likely is stopping eating meat.
    I can see red meat maybe, but it'll be a while before people will give up all of it altogether.
    [insert funny quote/saying/etc.]

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Aerithria View Post
    I can see red meat maybe, but it'll be a while before people will give up all of it altogether.
    Yeah, I can imagine red meat -- that whole it's bad for the environment thing -- but then we'll have the uprising of fried bugs and other delicious treats that people won't want to quit.

There is little difference between us and the animal kingdom. This is why we eat meat, because we're a part of it. We're just much more efficient and organized at it than your average predator.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Sniffles

You could pretty much lump most beliefs characteristic of Hyper-Modernity into this list actually.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    You could pretty much lump most beliefs characteristic of Hyper-Modernity into this list actually.
    Hypermodernity is increasingly popular now, and is possibly a bit too optimistic. I really don't think I'll like whatever replaces it if/when it falls through... it's probably going to be really raw, harsh, and obligatory.

Depending on how things work out, the future may very well belong to those like you, Peguy. I just hope not... a lot of people will suffer because of your ideals if things do go that way.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Hypermodernity is increasingly popular now, and is possibly a bit too optimistic. I really don't think I'll like whatever replaces it if/when it falls through... it's probably going to be really raw, harsh, and obligatory.

Depending on how things work out, the future may very well belong to those like you, Peguy. I just hope not.
    Yes it's amazing what happens when one consciously chooses not to be a slave to their particular milieu.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Yes it's amazing what happens when one consciously chooses not to be a slave to their particular milieu.
    Ah, so you chose to be a master instead of a slave? That actually explains why you have the values you do.

I suppose I just wasn't able to accept the rules I'd need to play by in order to be a master. I guess you deserve your position, then.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I predict that within 100 years (maybe less) there's going to be a tight, very tight moral swing. It's going to be more frightful than the Victorians.
    You're probably right. Those moralistic swings in history always come after periods of liberal moral views. And lets face it, its never been this liberal in western society.

I wonder if it whether the restriction will come from a religious viewpoint or perhaps a particular moralistic group. Any predictions?