• Crime

2 6.06%
  • Romance

3 9.09%
  • Comedy

5 15.15%
  • Fantasy

10 30.30%
  • These options suck but me clicking this option is irrelevent because it means nothing. I'm a sucker.

2 6.06%
First 78910 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

if you are going to pick 10 participants i do not mind bowing out to allow room for more established members.
    my interest may have been a passing fancy anyway, it's hard for me to know.

if it is first 10 entries received, my monumental slowness will pretty much disqualify me, haha!
    still, i like the idea of first 10 entries received. that limits it to the really motivated people.

MBTI
    ENFJ

I prefer the one-week time limit. It seems like we have a lot of people who want to participate, but then we'd get those dedicated to the contest rather than those who just have a story already written or are really fast writers.

If we make people compete against each other for slots by time then the quality is going to suffer.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    IsTP

Hey, where is the 'Non-Fiction' option?
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

Hopefully you can get lasting traction with this Beat. Our last contests didn't fare well for the distance. I think it's a great idea and it might inspire me or anyone who does write to pull out of their writing funk.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Yeah, I wouldn't mind an official announcement so I actually know what is supposed to be written. Are people writing stories about suffering already? I'm hoping to write with someone so I might need more time than the "get it done as fast as possible" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    I prefer the one-week time limit. It seems like we have a lot of people who want to participate, but then we'd get those dedicated to the contest rather than those who just have a story already written or are really fast writers.

If we make people compete against each other for slots by time then the quality is going to suffer.
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Yeah, I wouldn't mind an official announcement so I actually know what is supposed to be written. Are people writing stories about suffering already? I'm hoping to write with someone so I might need more time than the "get it done as fast as possible" thing.
    And yes. Please an official announcement and please a deadline.

Beat, the mob is now at your door. Look what you've done.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

MBTI
    ISTx

Order in the court, dammit! lol

There is no official announcement yet. Rest assured, there will be. We're still in discussion phase. The competition HAS NOT started yet. I am currently deployed so I don't have the time to sit around and nail this down as quickly as some may like. Hang tight, stay current with this thread and I'll have a new "official" thread with the guidelines,deadlines and all that jazz pretty soon.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post

So then what is your alternate suggestion. It doesn't do much good just to say what doesn't work.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Count me out. I had an accident and lost half of my right pinky on Saturday. My hand hurts, so I'm not really motivated nor capable of writing a lengthy story right now.