User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you think same-sex marriage should be legal?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes and I'm an NF.

48 35.56%
  • Yes and I'm an NT.

51 37.78%
  • Yes and I'm an SP.

10 7.41%
  • Yes and I'm an SJ.

4 2.96%
  • No and I'm an NF.

5 3.70%
  • No and I'm an NT.

4 2.96%
  • No and I'm an SP.

2 1.48%
  • No and I'm an SJ.

7 5.19%
  • I don't know and I'm an NF.

2 1.48%
  • I don't know and I'm an NT.

1 0.74%
  • I don't know and I'm an SP.

1 0.74%
  • I don't know and I'm an SJ.

0 0%
First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by ravana View Post
    are you sure? you haven't heard about the Mormons have you? i can't remeber the name but some mormon priest was making LITTLE girls marry 50 year old grandpas. and it was happening in America. not in some jungle.
    The Mormons also supposedly pray dead Holocaust victims into Christian heaven. Fun sect.
    But no, I think it's the fringe Mormons who practice this, I'm pretty sure the main church does not endorse it.

I'm just going to say that your arguments sound more like pulling haphazardly at any potentially loose strings you can find, rather than presenting a rigorous sensible structure that can bear up on its own under scrutiny.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    They're only 1.4% of the population.
    you are joking right?
    1.4% of the population of USA is like 3 million.

and you kind of proved me right. so thanks.

not everyday i get to beat an INTP in an argument.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

you are joking right?
    1.4% of the population of USA is like 3 million.

and you kind of proved me right. so thanks.

not everyday i get to beat an INTP in an argument.
    3 million isn't enough.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    The Mormons also pray dead Holocaust victims into Christian heaven. Fun sect.
    But no, I think it's the fringe Mormons who practice this, I'm pretty sure the main church does not endorse it.

I'm just going to say that your arguments sound more like pulling haphazardly at any potentially loose strings you can find, rather than presenting a rigorous sensible structure that can bear up on its own under scrutiny.
    check out my type. that's what we do.
    but only INTPs are capable of pointing it out in real life.
    on a forum anyone can beat us. in real life that's not the case.

lol

Off topic.

i won't be surprised if someone proves that i am not an ENTP by saying how inconsistent my arguments are compaired to ENTP functions. since i lack knowledge abt it(funtions and all) i guess i'll have to show the white flag.

Riva

3 million isn't enough.
    thats like 1/7th of my countries population. so you are wrong. 3 million is more than enough to prove my point.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

check out my type. that's what we do.
    Actually, I usually only hear these sorts of arguments from ISxJ types, and some ESxJ's, if I had to generalize -- "The country is going down the tubes because our proper way of life is changing and we think for the worst." Fatalism is one of the natural weaknesses of the mindset.

i won't be surprised if someone proves that i am not an ENTP by saying how inconsistent my arguments are compaired to ENTP functions.
    I don't know you in real life, so I really wouldn't know.
    Some of the ENTPs here really make me dance, though.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

thats like 1/7th of my countries population. so you are wrong. 3 million is more than enough to prove my point.
    You're making no sense now.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I just feel bad for the goats -- all that love, no one to share it with. Baaaa. They'll have to start raising cats or something to quell the loneliness.

Well, I know China does not permit single men to adopt girls, while it permits single women to adopt (or rather, it did -- that might have changed). So it's not all about "gayness" why some places might have strictures on male adoption.

Actually, I saw a doctor in Baltimore for a bit last year, and he's gay and in a LTR with his husband, and they adopted a male boy a number of years back and they've built a family together. The husband actually wrote a book about it that I think you can find on Amazon. The doctor I saw was one of the nicest people I'd ever met and he was very helpful and encouraging to me, just a very profound guy. So yeah, to me, they just need to screen couples as they screen ANY couple... but the "gay" thing to me, if you pass the screening for being a stable healthy family unit, seems irrelevant.
    totally...screen them in the exact same way. it just breaks my heart to hear stories of shady straight families fostering kids just to live off the money given to support them and then i have friends who would make such terrific parents and it's something they really want but it will be twice as hard for them to do so...it's just so screwed up!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Can we put new option on the poll, please? "I'm an INFJ and I don't like conflict. Why the hell do we have to bring up topics like this??"

That would be my vote... followed by a very close: "I couldn't care less."

Riva

You're making no sense now.
    read again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    Can we put new option on the poll, please? "I'm an INFJ and I don't like conflict. Why the hell do we have to bring up topics like this??"

That would be my vote... followed by a very close: "I couldn't care less."
    then why did you come to this thread in the 1st place if you care less?