User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you think same-sex marriage should be legal?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes and I'm an NF.

48 35.56%
  • Yes and I'm an NT.

51 37.78%
  • Yes and I'm an SP.

10 7.41%
  • Yes and I'm an SJ.

4 2.96%
  • No and I'm an NF.

5 3.70%
  • No and I'm an NT.

4 2.96%
  • No and I'm an SP.

2 1.48%
  • No and I'm an SJ.

7 5.19%
  • I don't know and I'm an NF.

2 1.48%
  • I don't know and I'm an NT.

1 0.74%
  • I don't know and I'm an SP.

1 0.74%
  • I don't know and I'm an SJ.

0 0%
First 123412 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

absolutely.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    I don't think same sex couples should be allowed to marry because it sounds kind of gay.
    I've re-thought my opinion on this now.
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    crap

Yep. It's a civil rights violation that it isn't.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

If ordinary marriage is going to be legal, I see no reason why this shouldn't be.

Although I often question whether traditional marriage should exist, and whether marriages deserve all the benefits they get. Of course, no one would repeal that at this point, because they feel so entitled and there's so much rhetoric about the value of family floating around.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Cenomite View Post
    Every argument I've ever seen is either based off of religion, or uses the bullshit "marrige is defined in the constitution as between a man and a woman" argument. There are a lot of things that have been recorded in law and rightfully changed, one of them for example, was that women couldn't vote.
    Opposition to court decisions mandating the legalization of gay marriage is not the same as opposition to legalized gay marriage-there are very good reasons to be opposed to the former, and no reason (that withstands objective scrutiny) to be opposed to the latter.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

How couldn't you? It's a choice and it doesn't effect non gays anywhere. Just because one wouldn't marry someone of the same sex (Myself included), doesn't mean we can tell others what to do? A hundred years down the road, we'll look back at this struggle and laugh at how cruel some people were towards gay-marriage.

To me, it's like saying you can only marry someone with the same hair color as you. Really, it's stupid and I get ticked off with all those catholic-conservative self-centered politicians that sit behind desks and pass these laws that say we can't have gay marriages, when it wouldn't affect them either way.

Seriously, why not? List some god reasons why we shouldn't because I can't think of any. And just because you aren't a homosexual, like myself, it doesn't mean you shouldn't stick up for those that really want it..and it's not like they're asking for a lot, either.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

I put I don't know cause I don't care either way

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by YourLocalJesus View Post
    I think it should be legal. However, I think we should leave the church outside of this, and not force it upon them to alter their damn bible. It would be like raising the white flag and surrendering their arms. I understand both the religious people and the gay people who wants to get married, I just think it's not compatible to have gay marriages in church when the very foundation of the christianity is against it.
    State marriages and within the religions that tolerate homosexuality (are there any?)... I see no problems with that.
    Agreed.

Btw, and I don't know how it works in America and other countries, I think married gay couples should have the exact same fiscal benefits as any couple without children. No more, no less. Potential to "build a family" is nothing to go by, unless you want to check if either member of every heterosexual couple is sterile.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    I don't think same sex couples should be allowed to marry because it sounds kind of gay.
    It's getting harder and harder to find faults in your arguments Edgar.

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

No matter how profligately it may seem, governments should not have any say whatsoever about what consenting adults are permitted to do sexually and romantically. Personally, Falcarius is against not only homosexuality but also same-sex marriage, yet he believes adults should be allowed to do what they want as long as it does not effect him; same-sex marriage does not effect him in any way.

Coming to think of it, Falcarius is not much a fan of 'normal' marriage either as he does not see the point of marriage. Firstly, if he loved someone and they love him, doesn't it make it more romantic to just say it spontaneously to the person he loves rather than being forced to say it to each other in front of a bunch of people as society says that is the 'done thing' ? Isn't having to go out out of ones way to prove one loves another a sign something is seriously wrong in the relationship? Secondly, he thinks marriage too bourgeoisie and too capitalistic, and considers inheritance a sin; marriage leads to Paris Hilton style cartels. Hence, why the insufficient amount Falcarius has inherited so far is untouched collecting dust more or less in a tax free savings account.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post

Seriously, why not? List some god reasons why we shouldn't because I can't think of any...
    Was that a freudian slip or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Cenomite View Post
    There is no somewhat logical reason I can see for it to be illegal.

Every argument I've ever seen is either based off of religion, or uses the bullshit "marrige is defined in the constitution as between a man and a woman" argument. There are a lot of things that have been recorded in law and rightfully changed, one of them for example, was that women couldn't vote.

My stance is pretty much: Don't like gay marriage? Then don't get one and shut the fuck up.
    Now if only the entire world had this kind of thinking.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)