User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you think same-sex marriage should be legal?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes and I'm an NF.

    48 35.56%
  • Yes and I'm an NT.

    51 37.78%
  • Yes and I'm an SP.

    10 7.41%
  • Yes and I'm an SJ.

    4 2.96%
  • No and I'm an NF.

    5 3.70%
  • No and I'm an NT.

    4 2.96%
  • No and I'm an SP.

    2 1.48%
  • No and I'm an SJ.

    7 5.19%
  • I don't know and I'm an NF.

    2 1.48%
  • I don't know and I'm an NT.

    1 0.74%
  • I don't know and I'm an SP.

    1 0.74%
  • I don't know and I'm an SJ.

    0 0%
First 71516171819 Last

Results 161 to 170 of 258

  1. #161
    Phantonym
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ez78705 View Post
    Do you think same-sex marriage should be legal?
    Yes!

    And I think they should be able to adopt children if they want.

  2. #162
    Senior Member Warm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aerithria View Post
    But homosexuality naturally occurs in nature. Penguins, rams, primates (the Bonobo chimpanzees in particular are often cited), for example, all exhibit homosexual behaviour. Is it still unnatural if it's found everywhere? Or is it only unnatural when humans partake in it?

    Animals in heat will "do" anything. Just ask my neighbor's dog who has never been with another dog, so he tries to have sex with the cats. I'd like to think that humans have more self-control than that.
    "Your voice is like chocolate...dreamy."
    --WildHorses

  3. #163
    Senior Member Warm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Agreed. It's all about our own free will. People can make laws, and prevent it, but it doesn't take away the constant desire of it. We're all entitles to our own opinions and we do have free will, and people don't like that! People want control, tradition, and ORDER!

    To anyone who argues with this,

    Put yourself in the shoes of one of the thousands of passionate homosexuals who have and are being neglected the oppurtunity to practice and share their love in formal manners. Wouldn't it be terrible? Wouldn't you want to stand up for your rights? Love's one of the most powerful emotions, and it motivates people more than any other emotion. Plus..what harm does homosexual marriage pose? None, exactly.
    There is nothing formal about homosexuality.
    "Your voice is like chocolate...dreamy."
    --WildHorses

  4. #164
    Junior Member Jackinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Socionics
    SLI
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Holy opening up a can of worms, Batman!

    I voted no. Even though I disagree with the premise of the question. To me, it's basically a matter of what kind of society a person desires. Everyone has the right to want what they want, and advocate for how they believe the society they live in should be. It doesn't make me a bigot, just because I don't believe the definition of marriage needs to be changed.

    This is yet another thing that shouldn't be a federal issue. The more you keep decisions to local communities, the more genuine freedom people have. I shouldn't care if people in Vermont want to say two dudes can have a "marriage." The solution should be simple. Don't move to Vermont. The problem is that this country keeps federalizing everything, and the federal courts threaten to overrule state and local governments to change the laws for everybody. That's the only reason it concerns me.
    So if Vermont wants to say African Americans have to use separate facilities than whites, and deny them work there because of their race, blacks shouldn't move to Vermont? There are times for federalization, that and allowing homosexuals to gain legal benefits from marriage are some of them, IMO.

    As for people deciding how they want their society, the government has a duty to protect everyone living there; homosexuals have to be granted their marriage rights. People can be against homosexuality but they should not be able to pass laws against that because that interferes with the other group's rights.

  5. #165
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    I keep hearing the argument that "god says homosexuality is wrong." No, according to that particular passage, god says "sodomy is wrong," or even in some interpretations, "male on male rape is wrong."

    So there are two things wrong with this idea.

    1) since when have modern people done EVERYTHING that was written in the bible. No, seriously. Think about it. If this is the case, on what grounds do we have to pick and choose?

    2) The passage isn't about gay marriage. It's not about marriage at all. It's about sex. What business do we have what's going on in other people's bedrooms? Couldn't thinking about that so much be considered perversion?
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  6. #166
    Strongly Ambivalent Ivy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6
    Posts
    24,060

    Default

    I don't have a problem with Christians or others believing homosexuality is wrong. I disagree, but they have a right to that opinion. As far as the law is concerned, no one should ever force them to get gay married against their will. I'm 100% for that remaining illegal. They absolutely have the right to disapprove of gay marriage, and to not choose it for themselves. But IMO, others also have the right to approve of gay marriage and/or to choose to marry someone of the same sex. The law should reflect all of these rights, IMO.

    This is not across the board a Christian issue, btw. There are lots of gay Christians and Christians who don't disapprove of gay marriage, and others who disapprove but believe it should be a matter of individual conscience, not against the law.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

  7. #167
    Senior Thread Terminator Aerithria's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Warm View Post
    Animals in heat will "do" anything. Just ask my neighbor's dog who has never been with another dog, so he tries to have sex with the cats. I'd like to think that humans have more self-control than that.
    Okay, I kind of see your point for the first part, but is it really fair to expect people to control what to them is basic instinct? Especially when it's only a minority that has to do so? Especially when the people asking probably have no idea what it's like to suppress a part of themselves?

    Edit: I think Haphazard has just won the Bible argument.
    [insert funny quote/saying/etc.]

  8. #168
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jackinator View Post
    So if Vermont wants to say African Americans have to use separate facilities than whites, and deny them work there because of their race, blacks shouldn't move to Vermont?
    BZZZZ. False analogy. Sexual behavior is not the same as race, and you insult all victims of racial discrimination when you falsely relate the two.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

    "I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

    The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

  9. #169
    Senior Member Warm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aerithria View Post
    Okay, I kind of see your point for the first part, but is it really fair to expect people to control what to them is basic instinct?
    I wonder what makes something like that instinctual. What makes any behavior instinctual to some but not to others?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aerithria View Post
    Especially when it's only a minority that has to do so? Especially when the people asking probably have no idea what it's like to suppress a part of themselves?

    Edit: I think Haphazard has just won the Bible argument.

    There are many people who have same-sex attractions but suppress them.
    "Your voice is like chocolate...dreamy."
    --WildHorses

  10. #170
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Warm View Post
    There are many people who have same-sex attractions but suppress them.
    So this is about sex, and not about marriage, right?

    Because, call it a hunch, I don't think banning same sex marriage is going to stop people of the same sex from... having sex.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Similar Threads

  1. What way do you think the former USA will be carved up?
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-31-2017, 05:09 PM
  2. What MBTI type do you think is the hardest to be?
    By OrangeAppled in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 09-02-2010, 02:04 AM
  3. What MBTI type do you think is the EASIEST to be?
    By Such Irony in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-27-2010, 09:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO