User Tag List

View Poll Results: Do you think same-sex marriage should be legal?

Voters
135. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes and I'm an NF.

48 35.56%
  • Yes and I'm an NT.

51 37.78%
  • Yes and I'm an SP.

10 7.41%
  • Yes and I'm an SJ.

4 2.96%
  • No and I'm an NF.

5 3.70%
  • No and I'm an NT.

4 2.96%
  • No and I'm an SP.

2 1.48%
  • No and I'm an SJ.

7 5.19%
  • I don't know and I'm an NF.

2 1.48%
  • I don't know and I'm an NT.

1 0.74%
  • I don't know and I'm an SP.

1 0.74%
  • I don't know and I'm an SJ.

0 0%
First 5131415161725 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Warm View Post
    Wrong is just wrong. There are no degrees of wrongness.
    I hate to burst your delusional bubble, but, you are not the arbiter of what is "wrong."

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

... How can I put murder and homosexuality in the same boat? I do it the same way that I classify both broccoli and cauliflower as vegetables; they are different but in the same category.
    Wow. We might as well replace the word "homosexuality" with something else and see how the logic holds up:

"How can I put murder and (oh, let's say) religion in the same boat? I do it the same way that I classify both broccoli and cauliflower as vegetables; they are different but in the same category."

Who defines what is a plant and what is not?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    came here to post this verbatim

Some sort of arrangement where the church "marriage" and the government "civil union" are conducted at the same time would likely be the norm, but they should officially be kept separate.

What Pure Mercury said and this I can agree with. We can't be denying people the same civil rights that the rest of us have.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Of course it should be legal. There is no reason for it not to be.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    you are not the arbiter of what is "wrong."
    I don't claim to be.
    "Your voice is like chocolate...dreamy."
    --WildHorses

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    "How can I put murder and (oh, let's say) religion in the same boat? I do it the same way that I classify both broccoli and cauliflower as vegetables; they are different but in the same category."
    This is like trying to put a toad and a computer in the same "boat"; they just don't fit together. All of this boils down to who believes that homosexuality or same-sex marriage is wrong and who believes that it is right. No matter what we post, no one's position is going to change.
    --WildHorses

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

This is like trying to put a toad and a computer in the same "boat"; they just don't fit together. All of this boils down to who believes that homosexuality or same-sex marriage is wrong and who believes that it is right. No matter what we post, no one's position is going to change.
    To be clear, for what reason do you believe it to be wrong?

Also, I think you have a defeatist attitude. Of course nothing is going to change if you don't try, but it is possible. Though you aren't likely to see it in the course of a single discussion. People need time to process things on their own.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    To be clear, for what reason do you believe it to be wrong?

Also, I think you have a defeatist attitude. Of course nothing is going to change if you don't try, but it is possible. Though you aren't likely to see it in the course of a single discussion. People need time to process things on their own.
    I believe homosexuality to be wrong because the Bible says that it is an abomination and because it doesn't make sense according to how human anatomy works. Male and female genitalia fit together for reproduction (Everything that is natural can reproduce itself. What is UNnatural cannot reproduce itself through natural means. Homosexual intercourse cannot yield children, so it is unnatural.).

Yes, change is possible.
    --WildHorses

deleted

Do you think same-sex marriage should be legal?
    Lol, that's gay. Soon they'll be able to vote.

Gay marriage is like going left. You just don't go left, it defeats the purpose of going right. See the Aqua Teen Hunger Force game "Go right."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

I believe homosexuality to be wrong because the Bible says that it is an abomination and it doesn't make sense according to how human anatomy works. Male and female genitalia fit together for reproduction (Everything that is natural can reproduce itself. What is UNnatural cannot reproduce itself through natural means. Homosexual intercourse cannot yield children, so it is unnatural.).

Yes, change is possible.
    Caution: following text may contain offensive and blasphemous statements.

I see. So it is wrong because the bible says it is wrong. And the bible is right because it is the word of God, yes?

However, what harm does homosexuality actually cause? I can think of none. The only possible harm is if people were to stop reproducing, which is highly unlikely. The vast majority of the population is heterosexual, and two, even if 100% of the population was homosexual, it would still be possible to reproduce, though obviously not as much of an enjoyable act.

So assuming that God does exist and the Bible is his words and you are indeed interpreting it correctly. God is wrong. God randomly declaring a harmless act as morally wrong does not make it so, and the only reason to listen to him would be the potential consequences (ie, hell). But if God is going to send people to hell for that reason, he is evil.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin