User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    TiSe

Default The 7 Deadly Function-Attitudes

With the good, goes the bad. I know of at least seven of the function-attitudes that should be in some part blamed for many of the ill wills througout history. Below are snippets from Linda V. Berens’ descriptions from Dynamics of Personality Type, followed by how I personally see the description wreaking havoc on mankind.
    Extraverted Sensing - You are one with the experience. There is no "naming" or describing - just pure, vivid experience. The whole scene comes into your awareness almost at once. The process is momentary and tied to the events of the immediate situation. It is used in the here and now and helps us know what is really there in the physical world and to adapt to it.
    Can there be another function that has wreaked more havoc on the current economy than this? The function attitude lives for today, oblivious to the consequences. Examples would be accumulating too much debt,
    Introverted Sensing - The immediate experience or words are instantly linked with the prior experiences and one registers that there is a similarity or a difference - for example, when you see someone who reminds you of someone else. Sometimes the feeling-tone associated with the recalled image comes into your awareness along with the information itself.
    Along with their auxiliary, I cannot think of another function attitude that causes prejudices, bigotry and prevent necessary growth for the country.
    Extraverted iNtuition - Extraverted iNtuiting involves seeing things "as if" with various possible ways of representing reality. Using this process, we can hold many different ideas, thoughts, beliefs, and meanings in our minds at once with the possibility that they are all true. This is like weaving themes and "threads" together.
    Is it no wonder that ENTPs are sometimes called the “Lawyer types”? This function attitude is result of what we have coined “sue happy”. Not sure whether you should do it, but I can find a loophole in the system that allows us to do it.
    Introverted iNtuition - often involves a sense of what will be. The details might be a little fuzzy, but when you tune in to this process, there is some sense of how things will be. Using this process, we often are able to get pictures about the future or at least a sense of what will happen before we have any data. Sometimes introverted iNtuiting operates when we conceptualize and get a sense of a whole plan, pattern, theory, or explanation.
    Say no more, can you say “stock market”, 1929 crash, why banks are now salving their bad loans?[quote] Extraverted Thinking - helps us organize our environment and ideas through charts, tables, graphs, flow charts, outlines, and so on. Sometimes the organizing of extraverted Thinking is more abstract, like a logical argument that is made to "rearrange" someone else's thinking process! An example is when we point out logical consequences and say, "If your do this, then that will happen." You mean like, if we end slavery then the economy will go south? If we admit to other books of the bible, then we will not be able to control our wives and children? If we… oh you get the point. Maybe if I had to choose, this function attitude is one that has created more inhuman strife in the name of “good for society” than any other function.
    Introverted Thinking - often involves finding just the right word to clearly express an idea concisely, crisply, and to the point. Using introverted Thinking is like having an internal sense of the essential qualities of something, noticing the fine distinctions that make it what it is and then naming it.
    Right…. Like creating loopholes in contracts, policies, laws…. If the Ne function attitude is the applicant of ill will, then Ti is the designer. Those who sit in their ivory towers, fearful of life, failing to realize or admit to the exploitation being caused by their so-called genius-ness. Get a freaking life people.
    Extraverted Feeling - is used in relation to particular people and situations and so has a more here-and-now quality than a universal, future, or past quality. This process helps us "grease the wheels" of social interaction. Often, the process of extraverted Feeling seems to involve a desire to connect with (or disconnect from) others and is often evidenced by expressions of warmth (or displeasure) and self-disclosure.
    I can tell you what gets greased when I find myself on the bad side of this function attitude. If Te is the function that puts the ill willed circumstances into motion by convincing society of their logic, it’s Fe that plants the seed for Te. The problem is the short-sightedness in taking such actions. How can there be such a disdain for marijuana, but not cigarettes and/or alcohol? Go figure….
    Introverted Feeling - often associated with images and feeling-tones more than words. As a cognitive process, it often serves as a filter for information that matches what is valued and wanted. We engage in the process of introverted Feeling when a value is compromised and we think, "sometimes, some things just have to be said." On the other hand, most of the time this process works "in private" and is seldom expressed directly. Actions often speak louder than words. This process helps us know when people are being fake or insincere or if they are basically good. It is like having an internal sense of the "essence" of a person or a project, and reading another person or action or project with fine distinctions among feeling-tones. When the other person's values and beliefs are congruent with our own, we are inclined to feel kinship with them and want to connect with them.
    What can I say? Ranting on Fi is like slapping Bambi or Mary Poppins. This function attitude brings us peaceful music, beautiful poetry, etc. I cannot complain too much about the function attitude, only to say stop being such wusses and start telling the rest of us idiots how we have historically screwed up mankind.
    Just my rant on the Seven Deadly Functions. What are yours?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Extroverted Sensing = GUILTY! Although a great gift, it is dangerous when not kept in check by the "Super-Ego."

Introverted Feeling = Just as bad as the above, IMHO. When people harbor feelings and allow them to affect their actions, especially when the feelings are assumptious/negative/etc. it can spoil many good things.

All you listed are certainly wreakers of great havoc, these two just stuck out at me like sore thumbs.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    Is it no wonder that ENTPs are sometimes called the “Lawyer types”? This function attitude is result of what we have coined “sue happy”. Not sure whether you should do it, but I can find a loophole in the system that allows us to do it.
    I thought they were called Lawyers types due to the fact that a strong Ti can make rational decisions and is backed up by Fe to create fairness.

Could be wrong tho
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

totally lame, and just off-base.... Ne as the source of sue-happiness? please.

do it right and with original theory intact!! :

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ost-souls.html

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Fi: Selfish, moody, contradictory, unpredictable, emo, weird, irrational....

Se: Hedonistic, shallow, inconsiderate, shortsighted, primitive

Ni: Crazy, irrational, paranoid, cold...

Te: Judgemental, uncaring, cold, power hungry...

Fe: Manipulative, moody, irrational, fake, shallow...

Si: Old fashioned, dull, pedantic, stagnant...

Ne: Crazy, silly, weird, paranoid...

Ti: Pedantic, nitpicky, nerdy, uncaring....
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ENTP

im all of the above
    She talks pretty but says mean things

your resident asshole

I love this upbeat topic.

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    totally lame, and just off-base.... Ne as the source of sue-happiness? please.

do it right and with original theory intact!! :

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ost-souls.html
    Never knew that thread existed, however the title has nothing to do with the 7 deadly sins, instead my take on the function attitudes and since I had noting negative to say about Fi, it left 7 functions. However I will read your thread.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I think functionattitude is a good word.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ISTP

Introverted Thinking - Right…. Like creating loopholes in contracts, policies, laws…. If the Ne function attitude is the applicant of ill will, then Ti is the designer. Those who sit in their ivory towers, fearful of life, failing to realize or admit to the exploitation being caused by their so-called genius-ness. Get a freaking life people.
    Hmm. This is true. However, generally, when we create these...we are generally totally aware of the exploitation.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%