User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Eating Out

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    athenian, do you really eat fast food all the time? What is on the menus of those restaurants that is not too fattening? I'm not trying to be flip here, I'm just honestly surprised. I eat fast food maybe once a week and even that feels unhealthy to me.
    There's salads at several of them, to start. The tacos are usually full of lettuce. And I do eat the burger and fries occasionally. It doesn't make much difference, because I usually only eat two meals per day, due to my unique schedule. I supplement this with vitamins. I'm fairly healthy, actually.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    There's salads at several of them, to start. The tacos are usually full of lettuce. And I do eat the burger and fries occasionally. It doesn't make much difference, because I usually only eat two meals per day, so I don't gain weight. I supplement this with vitamins. I'm fairly healthy, actually.
    In your first post you said usually burger and fries and occasionally salad/taco/burrito. Here you've reversed that.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

In your first post you said usually burger and fries and occasionally salad/taco/burrito. Here you've reversed that.
    That's because it's closer to about half-and-half, actually. I'm not good at measurement. I mean, I'm not an NT, so I don't really care much for math and stuff. The point was that I supplement it with vitamins, and burgers/fries aren't all I eat.

Also, I don't have a family or anything, so it's hard to justify actually going into the kitchen. I'm too lazy, and would rather spend my time reading psychology books.

Anyway, what/how often do the rest of you eat out?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I eat out a few times a week probably. We can't do it too much because it gets too expensive. I eat a lot of prepared foods, though, that probably aren't much better for me than what I'd get at a drive through. It's not that I don't like foods that are good for me, I do, I'm just too lazy to make them most of the time.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I eat out a few times a week probably. We can't do it too much because it gets too expensive. I eat a lot of prepared foods, though, that probably aren't much better for me than what I'd get at a drive through. It's not that I don't like foods that are good for me, I do, I'm just too lazy to make them most of the time.
    Patio Bean&Cheese Burritos! 1:30m on high, drown in salsa!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Patio Bean&Cheese Burritos! 1:30m on high, drown in salsa!
    I didn't see those at Sam's. I've been eating the Jose Ole steak and cheese chimichangas (I should definitely get some salsa for them) and I forget which brand pork egg rolls. I've been getting the yummy pink grapefruit cups, though, and trying to substitute Arizona green tea for some of the soda lately. I need to remember to get more grape tomatoes. I'll eat those delicious little no-effort suckers like candy.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I don't eat out very often. I eat breakfast at home. I might grab Subway a couple times a week for lunch, but I usually bring my lunch to work. I usually eat dinner at home, unless I have a date or some other social reason to eat out. There are times I will go weeks without eating out. I'm a penny pincher.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INXP

This last week has been awful, all the social stuff came together in one big clump and I've been out every evening since Sunday, and will do tonight and tomorrow too.

*craves introverted quiet dinner somewhere*

-Geoff

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I didn't see those at Sam's. I've been eating the Jose Ole steak and cheese chimichangas (I should definitely get some salsa for them) and I forget which brand pork egg rolls. I've been getting the yummy pink grapefruit cups, though, and trying to substitute Arizona green tea for some of the soda lately. I need to remember to get more grape tomatoes. I'll eat those delicious little no-effort suckers like candy.
    Those chimis are pretty good. We like the spicy jalapeno bean ones. Some cheap convenience food I've found not to be too terrible nutrition-wise is potstickers and pierogies. Amy's makes awesome vegan frozen meals that actually taste good for $3-4 a pop, comparable to a fast food meal out.

Anyone looking for Bachelor Chow (Now With Flavor!) should definitely visit the freezer section at a Sam's or Costco. I need to renew our membership. It's just that whenever I go I always find a bunch of stuff I "need" and so I don't think it saves me any money.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Those chimis are pretty good. We like the spicy jalapeno bean ones. Some cheap convenience food I've found not to be too terrible nutrition-wise is potstickers and pierogies. Amy's makes awesome vegan frozen meals that actually taste good for $3-4 a pop, comparable to a fast food meal out.

Anyone looking for Bachelor Chow (Now With Flavor!) should definitely visit the freezer section at a Sam's or Costco. I need to renew our membership. It's just that whenever I go I always find a bunch of stuff I "need" and so I don't think it saves me any money.
    The best thing about the "Pick and Pull" service is that you don't get past the service desk to be tempted. You browse the site and choose all the stuff you want then they go shopping for you. You know exactly how much it's going to cost. You go pay and they bring you your stuff. I think I'm usually in and out in about 15 minutes (they have to send someone to the cooler to get the cold stuff). It also lets you save lists for future reference. That service would have been so nice when I had little guys.
    ~ John Rogers