ever wonder what your teacher/professor thinks of you?
things i've noticed:
1. call on people they think are intelligent for hard questions
2. call on people thye think are dumb or easy questions (and try and make it all seem random)
3. they smile and be nice to you outside class time if you did well on the last assessment, ignore you if you didnt.
4. hate me for falling asleep during their class even though its their fault
5. nice to students who achieve alot
6. unwittingly get charmed by some students so they can continue to misbehave and get special treatment
7. develop faster relationships with students who misbehave
things i wonder about:
1. why they put certain people on the spot? did i cover all the reasons besides just keeping students alert?
2. how can you tell what they think of you/your performance/intellect. this is besides grades because they dont tell you if the teacher thinks you are under/over performing
3. are they more likely to call on some who appears to be:
struggling (subtle difference)
not paying attention
4. are they more likely to call on me if i do/dont make eye contact?
5. do they wonder/know who is underachieving and who is struggling with the material
post additions to the list if youve got any. insight from teachers will be worth gold.