First 123 Last

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

all the time, months at a time. whenever I fall in love with a new project...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

At the moment? Two weeks. But I've certainly had longer mind obsessions...
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by AutumnReverie View Post
    I've had a really good friend who I lost contact with, on my mind for about 2 years (not everyday obsessively or anything, just in the back of my mind).
    Yep that one too, I have one friend I have missed for over 5 yrs now, always wondering where she is, how she is, if I'll ever see her again. Man I miss that girl, she was lovely.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

Ugh, recently? A few weeks. But I always go into these waves of 'new' projects that are extremely short lived and just end up exhausting me. I wish I could stick to one thing to become obsessed over (because then I might actually become good at it).
    All people see, but no one sees the same.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

If we're talking about consuming your every thought 24/7: 4 months (overcoming heart ache)

If we're talking obsessing over a project, where you don't get enough sleep and dive right in again, with only short breaks in between: 6 months (MBTI and related stuff )

If we're talking about dealing an issue that you're confronted with daily and have no solution for: one of 3 years, one going on 14 years. Kind of like a nagging voice in your head, really.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Shaula View Post
    Eight years. I wish I was kidding. It finally got to the point that in order to finance my 'project' I had to continually borrow money from relatives. Then one day I realised what I was doing was stupid and I had let this 'passion' take over my life with little results. I dropped everything I was doing and boxed it all up. I don't even like to look at it anymore. Part of me just wants to throw it in the trash.
    I understand that. For 5 years i obsessed about moving to Canada. I believed i deserved it so focused all my attention on it. Researching EVERYTHING, saving every penny. When it finally happened, what a disappointment. Granted it wasn't just Canada, it was also my husbands actions. I do have Permanent Residence status so we can go back anytime in the next 2 years. I don't think i want to. But who know's. Everything happens for a reason.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I am trieing to build my automated turf cutting robot since January 09. But meanwhile I started different projects, like the beer quad-copter, which was originally meant to be used to transport an egg over a distance of around 500 yard.

Most recent idea I had was to build from scrap metal a boat to drive on our lake. I furthermore thought to equip it with my old webcam and make it a submarine. The calculations indeed gonna be fun
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    IsfP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTp

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    I understand that. For 5 years i obsessed about moving to Canada. I believed i deserved it so focused all my attention on it. Researching EVERYTHING, saving every penny. When it finally happened, what a disappointment. Granted it wasn't just Canada, it was also my husbands actions. I do have Permanent Residence status so we can go back anytime in the next 2 years. I don't think i want to. But who know's. Everything happens for a reason.
    I've been obsessed about the same exact thing. I don't like where the U.S. is headed. That may sound a bit unpatriotic but I think about leaving every day. It's always in the back of my mind.

Granted, I'm in highschool. I'm graduating this Sunday which is nice, but I'm very depressed about life after highschool. Life after college just seems boring. If I get an average job with the degree I earn, then I'll just be living to work, and I don't want that.

That's why I've had the idea of moving to Canada in my head for the past year. I think I'd rather get an average job in a place that is new. Some place that wouldn't be boring, who said it was going to be easy?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

all the time...lots of things....different things all the time... i'm always formulating and obsessing about certain possibilities or ideas...if it's changing jobs...i think about that obsessively...or coming up with a business idea..nonstop sorting it all out...or going on a trip...i think about that nonstop....my brain hurts.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    XNTJ

I think about the last three or four years I stumbled onto an idea of something I wanted to try I just couldn't get out of my head and even if I wasn't around anything related to it, it was always in the back of my thoughts waiting to creep in, I thought it was just one of those random things I decided I liked to do but this idea feels like 'the one.' I just have
    this gut feeling that it somehow ties into my future, it had crept into my thoughts some years ago and i never heeded my instincts on it because I was too busy taking risks and gambles doing random spontaneous things trying to find things I enjoyed then it would just 'click,' I realized if i didn't take matters into my own hands and try to change things and get them going in that direction and jus waited on someone else to notice my potential I'd never know. yet this one feels like something more than something I found randomly...even though it kind of was.
    you have all the power you need if you dare to look
    for it.