MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Default Type these Quotes!

Hey guys –

Thought it might be interesting to compare popular Type traits against famous (and not so famous) quotes.

If you recognize the author, try not to let your impressions change your assessment.

Feel free to offer additional quotes alongside your appraisals.

1. “If I have see further than any man, it is because I have stood upon the shoulders of giants.”

2. “What the fuck are you talking about? The chinaman is not the issue here, Dude. I'm talking about drawing a line in the sand, Dude. Across this line, you DO NOT... Also, Dude, chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American, please.”

3. “Life itself is only a dream; a vision. Nothing exists save empty space and you. And you are but a thought…”

4. “There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there…”

5. “No, no, no. A vigilante is just a man lost in the scramble for his own gratification. He can be destroyed, or locked up. But if you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal, and if they can't stop you, then you become something else entirely.”

6. “The human being realizes that we are all one – not as an idea, but as a fact. When you go to India, you see the misery of people, running to their petty little gods whom they have created for themselves…”

7. “Ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?”

8. “The dreams of youth are the regrets of maturity.”

9. English - Who needs that? I'm never going to England!

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Has someone been watching too much Batman again?

• 1) INTP
    • 2) ENFJ
    • 3) ISTP
    • 4) ESFP
    • 5) ENTJ
    • 6) Whoever said this quote is either a wacko or an INTJ, or maybe even both.
    • 7) ENTP
    • 8) INFP
    • 9) ESTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

1/ENFP
    2/ENFJ
    3/INFJ
    4/ISFP
    5/INTP
    6/INTJ
    7/ESTJ
    8/ENTP
    9/ISFP
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Based on my little "guess the type of a forum member game", I've concluded there's no possible way somebody can accurately type an individual based on a set of quotes... let along a single (albeit famous) quote.

That said,

1. “If I have see further than any man, it is because I have stood upon the shoulders of giants.” - NT <- taking the context of the phrase. To see further, you must have came up with some sort of innovative idea. Stereotypical type for that is NT.

2. “What the fuck are you talking about? The chinaman is not the issue here, Dude. I'm talking about drawing a line in the sand, Dude. Across this line, you DO NOT... Also, Dude, chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American, please.” <- talking about drawing the line. F dominated? Across this line, you DO NOT (Fe I think). Other than that, nothing... a guess would be eSFJ.

3. “Life itself is only a dream; a vision. Nothing exists save empty space and you. And you are but a thought…” <- Ni dominant

4. “There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there…” <- so twisted Ni thing... INFJ

5. “No, no, no. A vigilante is just a man lost in the scramble for his own gratification. He can be destroyed, or locked up. But if you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal, and if they can't stop you, then you become something else entirely.” <- NFJ

6. “The human being realizes that we are all one – not as an idea, but as a fact. When you go to India, you see the misery of people, running to their petty little gods whom they have created for themselves…” <- Ni dominant again.

7. “Ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?” <- N

8. “The dreams of youth are the regrets of maturity.” <- too vague, could be any type

9. English - Who needs that? I'm never going to England! <- too vague
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Falcarius View Post
    Has someone been watching too much Batman again?
    Batman? Never heard of it!

Here are a few more quotes…

1. The greatest gift you’ll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return

2. Never met a wise man – if so, it’s a woman.

3. There are no more barriers to cross. All I have in common with the uncontrollable and the insane, the vicious and the evil, all the mayhem I have caused and my utter indifference toward it I have now surpassed. My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone, in fact I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape, but even after admitting this there is no catharsis, my punishment continues to elude me and I gain no deeper knowledge of myself; no new knowledge can be extracted from my telling. This confession has meant nothing.

4. Love is a deceptive trick, played on us in order to achieve continuation of the species.

5. We don't see the world as it is, we see the world as we are.

6. Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny.

7. A place for everything and everything in its place…

8. Terrorism is the tactic of demanding the impossible, and demanding it at gunpoint.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

3 and 4 are my favorites. I don't really "get" the rest of them. Note well that this might skew my perception significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    1. “If I have see further than any man, it is because I have stood upon the shoulders of giants.”
    ISTJ.

2. “What the fuck are you talking about? The chinaman is not the issue here, Dude. I'm talking about drawing a line in the sand, Dude. Across this line, you DO NOT... Also, Dude, chinaman is not the preferred nomenclature. Asian-American, please.”
    ESFJ.

3. “Life itself is only a dream; a vision. Nothing exists save empty space and you. And you are but a thought…”
    INFJ

4. “There is an idea of a Patrick Bateman; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real me: only an entity, something illusory. And though I can hide my cold gaze, and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable... I simply am not there…”
    INTJ

5. “No, no, no. A vigilante is just a man lost in the scramble for his own gratification. He can be destroyed, or locked up. But if you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal, and if they can't stop you, then you become something else entirely.”
    INFP

6. “The human being realizes that we are all one – not as an idea, but as a fact. When you go to India, you see the misery of people, running to their petty little gods whom they have created for themselves…”
    ENFJ

7. “Ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?”
    ESFP

8. “The dreams of youth are the regrets of maturity.”
    ISFJ

9. English - Who needs that? I'm never going to England!
    ISTP

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Oh, I see you wrote some more. My favorite one out of this batch is 5, I actually used that as a signature once.

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    1. The greatest gift you’ll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return
    ISFP

2. Never met a wise man – if so, it’s a woman.
    ISTJ
    3. There are no more barriers to cross. All I have in common with the uncontrollable and the insane, the vicious and the evil, all the mayhem I have caused and my utter indifference toward it I have now surpassed. My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone, in fact I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape, but even after admitting this there is no catharsis, my punishment continues to elude me and I gain no deeper knowledge of myself; no new knowledge can be extracted from my telling. This confession has meant nothing.
    ENTJ
    4. Love is a deceptive trick, played on us in order to achieve continuation of the species.
    INTP

5. We don't see the world as it is, we see the world as we are.
    INFJ

6. Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny.
    ISFP

7. A place for everything and everything in its place…
    ESTJ

8. Terrorism is the tactic of demanding the impossible, and demanding it at gunpoint.

ISTP

MBTI
    GONE

1. The greatest gift you’ll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return ISFJ or INFP?

2. Never met a wise man – if so, it’s a woman. Smart lady?

3. There are no more barriers to cross. All I have in common with the uncontrollable and the insane, the vicious and the evil, all the mayhem I have caused and my utter indifference toward it I have now surpassed. My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone, in fact I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape, but even after admitting this there is no catharsis, my punishment continues to elude me and I gain no deeper knowledge of myself; no new knowledge can be extracted from my telling. This confession has meant nothing. INTP

4. Love is a deceptive trick, played on us in order to achieve continuation of the species. Same INTP as above

5. We don't see the world as it is, we see the world as we are. ENFP

7. A place for everything and everything in its place… XSTJ
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    GONE

1. “If I have see further than any man, it is because I have stood upon the shoulders of giants.” INTJ

3. “Life itself is only a dream; a vision. Nothing exists save empty space and you. And you are but a thought…” INFJ

9. English - Who needs that? I'm never going to England! ESTP
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

Most likely types to come up with quotes/cool one-liners in the first place:

EDIT: Numbers does not have anything to do with the actual quotes. Just to be clear.

1. ENTP (does this in front of the mirror every night, while stroking himself/herself)
    2. ESTP (does this, too)
    3. ENTJ (when the need arises to blow something away, we do)
    4. ENFJ (slightly more verbally careful, but badass when they want to be)
    5. INTJ (Like most introverts, you only come up with what you need after the need has passed... But still, pretty good quotes. )
    6 INTP (If the person even understands the message, your quotes can be OK, even if a little garbled and way past the point when they would have been naturally funny)

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come