User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    hey...i know what ya mean actually! and i'm not sure if it's the person, the food they're eating or the time it happens but sometimes i really hate it and sometimes i don't.
    Maybe it's more to do with the feelings towards the person in question on that particular day that cause you to notice or not notice?

You know like when the honeymoon period is over in a relationship, and all of the sudden things that didn't used to bother you, now bother you, like that?
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    I HATE it when people smack while they chew.
    And calling it "smacking the lips" makes it sound even more gross, it adds to the imagery and the sputtering sound.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    Sneeze and wipe on your trousers sounds hygienic to me. j/k

The whole point would be to sneeze into a tissue or hanky or hand and wash.

Plus why risk it, sometimes a sneeze can go horribly wrong, and no one needs to see the gunky mess those odd times you don't expect to eject it.
    Well yeah...unless I'm sick I won't make a gunky mess if I'm sneezing so you gotta know thyself too :P

And if I were to produce a gunky mess, why the hell would I want to sneeze into/onto my hand?? If I'm outside you better believe I'm sneezing onto the floor and then using a hanky. Have you ever sneezed onto a hanky when you were sick? The result can be quite nasty depending on how sick you are :P Thank god I only caught a cold like a couple of times in my life.

hey...i know what ya mean actually! and i'm not sure if it's the person, the food they're eating or the time it happens but sometimes i really hate it and sometimes i don't.
    I was once at this packed food court and suddenly it seemed the whole place was a feeding ground and the shops that lined it were throwing food to the animals. It was packed and all the kids were wriggling and everybody was making noise that day.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Eww...smacking. And then licking and sucking your fingers. Gross.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I dislike the sound of people eating. I hate the sound of loud drinkers. The ones that sound like they're choking with ever swallow. Loud scream/sneezers, I could strangle them.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    intp

Really annoys me lol I mean majorly annoyed, I may even leave the room if it gets too much.

Plus what is up with the people who are chewing, and yet still reach for their drink and slurp loudly, only to then subject me to the sound of them chewing a mixture of their drink and the food?

I mean I am sure I don't sound so great eating, but I can't help the way it annoys me.

Does anyone else really dislike the sound of people chewing and slurping?
    Yup. Though burping doesn't bother me as much.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Yup, really does. Along with people who chew with their mouth open and sneeze and yawn without covering their mouth. Really does
    Seriously. :steam:

And I never understand people who are compelled to chew gum with their mouths open, smacking and popping it within earshot of other people. Grrr.

I, too, have noticed that the offenders are mostly women.

MBTI
    ISTJ

yeah...it drives me nuts too. i'm pretty sure that all of my pet peeves have to do with odd unnecessary noises people make.
    I will try to be munching on an apple the next time you and I are in vent.

Anyways, no, it doesn't really bother me unless I know they are doing it excessively and JUST for the purpose of annoying me. Usually when I am chewing, people cannot hear it, and when I am in a quiet environment, I am usually considerate to others.
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Yup, really does. Along with people who chew with their mouth open and sneeze and yawn without covering their mouth. Really does
    Chewing and sneezing without covering your mouth is just nasty...
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    JINX
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Really annoys me lol I mean majorly annoyed, I may even leave the room if it gets too much.

Plus what is up with the people who are chewing, and yet still reach for their drink and slurp loudly, only to then subject me to the sound of them chewing a mixture of their drink and the food?

I mean I am sure I don't sound so great eating, but I can't help the way it annoys me.

Does anyone else really dislike the sound of people chewing and slurping?

This is one of the many reasons I cannot stand social eating, and refuse to go to restaraunts, or dinners with people. I'm given endless amounts of grief from people, or weird/concerned looks because of this 'quirk.'

I'm alone a lot of the time, so I eat alone, and in peace. If people in my house are eating, I usually have to leave the room. I don't make a fuss out of it; in fact I'm pretty sure no one at home has ever picked up on that. I hate eating sounds. And they always offer me food off their plate. Makes it even worse. Bleh.
    Funny though, I like to cook for others, & I'm fairly good at it. I want people to enjoy my work.. away.. from me.

My mom's got this thing about watching the elderly eat. She can't tolerate it.
    She'll change seats with someone at the table if she happend to be facing some old couple nearby.
    She says she just worked too long in a nursing home, and can't stomach it, esp. when she's trying to eat.
    You'd think nurses would be desensitized to that at some point, right..?
    03/23 06:06:58 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:06:59 EcK: lex
    03/23 06:21:34 Nancynobullets: LEXXX *sacrifices a first born*
    03/23 06:21:53 Nancynobullets: We summon yooouuu
    03/23 06:29:07 Lexicon: I was sleeping!

04/25 04:20:35 Patches: Don't listen to lex. She wants to birth a litter of kittens. She doesnt get to decide whats creepy

02/16 23:49:38 ygolo: Lex is afk
    02/16 23:49:45 Cimarron: she's doing drugs with Jack

03/05 19:27:41 Time: You can't make chat morbid. Lex does it naturally.