User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 102

  1. #51
    Revelation Lauren Ashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    I just find it hard to believe that there would be extraverts out there who would just choose to disconnect and be alone a lot. Extraverts supposedly being the ones who "focus on the external world of people and things." People being of main focus for many extraverts. It seems like there would be other factors involved other than just wanting to disconnect and wanting to be alone.
    With some of the ENTPs I know, they can just as easily focus on one of their projects, a puzzle, a game, or anything else external, as well as people. If they happen to think the people around them are not stimulating or they lose interest (which is often ), they disconnect to do their own thing. They're in their element discussing and bouncing ideas off of other people, but sometimes there aren't many people that are interested or can understand them.

  2. #52
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    With some of the ENTPs I know, they can just as easily focus on one of their projects, a puzzle, a game, or anything else external, as well as people. If they happen to think the people around them are not stimulating or they lose interest (which is often ), they disconnect to do their own thing. They're in their element discussing and bouncing ideas off of other people, but sometimes there aren't many people that are interested or can understand them.
    Which is exactly the point. They didn't purposely want to disconnect and do their own thing for the sake of disconnecting. Its intelligence imbalance, or lack of stimulation, and lack of similar interests.
    In other words, not loners for the sake of being loners, or loners by choice.

  3. #53
    Senior Member Wild horses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    1,917

    Default

    I have gone through periods where I have been a loner because of my desire for freedom. The ultimate freedom not weighed down by anyone or anything and allowing my mind and spirit to run freely... I'm not sure if that comes under 'choice' or necessity!? Not sure
    ... couldn't drag me away

    Željko Ražnatovic: argus
    Željko Ražnatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Željko Ražnatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

  4. #54
    Revelation Lauren Ashley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII
    Posts
    3,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Which is exactly the point. They didn't purposely want to disconnect and do their own thing for the sake of disconnecting. Its intelligence imbalance, or lack of stimulation, and lack of similar interests.
    In other words, not loners for the sake of being loners, or loners by choice.
    Well you said "choose," and yes, it's a choice. They are loners by choice. Introverts also don't disconnect for the sake of disconnecting. It's because they are drained. What brought about that choice is irrelevant to the fact that it's a choice. But I was providing reasons why some might choose to disconnect, or feel like they don't need to be around people.

  5. #55
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    I have gone through periods where I have been a loner because of my desire for freedom. The ultimate freedom not weighed down by anyone or anything and allowing my mind and spirit to run freely... I'm not sure if that comes under 'choice' or necessity!? Not sure
    I couldn't agree with you more!!! When by myself I can well, focus on myself, and am therefore free to do what I want to do.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  6. #56
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    I have gone through periods where I have been a loner because of my desire for freedom. The ultimate freedom not weighed down by anyone or anything and allowing my mind and spirit to run freely... I'm not sure if that comes under 'choice' or necessity!? Not sure
    Umm.. sounds like it makes a little more sense.. necessity I spose.. there must be some kind of internal conflict there still though

  7. #57
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    Which is exactly the point. They didn't purposely want to disconnect and do their own thing for the sake of disconnecting. Its intelligence imbalance, or lack of stimulation, and lack of similar interests.
    In other words, not loners for the sake of being loners, or loners by choice.
    right...it comes from wanting to connect but not being able to fake it. a loner doesn't desire the connection in the same way...i'd suppose.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  8. #58
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    right...it comes from wanting to connect but not being able to fake it. a loner doesn't desire the connection in the same way...i'd suppose.

    Right, exactly.. a loner being one who doesn't necissarily desire connection.... where an extravert who is alone all the time? Probably desires connection.. But can't get it for some reason or the other.

  9. #59
    Senior Member Wild horses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    1,917

    Default

    Yea there really is an internal and external conflict because I connect so well with people. I find myself quickly and intimately immersed in their lives all the while feeling like I'm dissolving and becoming one with them... then comes the feeling of claustrophobia and the need to break free... hence it comes and goes in cycles
    ... couldn't drag me away

    Željko Ražnatovic: argus
    Željko Ražnatovic: do you want heir's?
    WildHorses: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Željko Ražnatovic: to carry your genealogical code??

  10. #60
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wild horses View Post
    Yea there really is an internal and external conflict because I connect so well with people. I find myself quickly and intimately immersed in their lives all the while feeling like I'm dissolving and becoming one with them... then comes the feeling of claustrophobia and the need to break free... hence it comes and goes in cycles
    What she said!

    Well put!
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

Similar Threads

  1. Why Are INTJs Sometimes Confused As Extraverts?
    By Usehername in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 03-25-2011, 06:49 PM
  2. ADD/ADHD= extraverted perception
    By Gabe in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 12-07-2007, 06:18 AM
  3. Extraverts and Gaming
    By substitute in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 12-06-2007, 10:30 AM
  4. Pairing 2 extraverted or 2 introverted functions together?
    By nightning in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-03-2007, 06:22 PM
  5. A question for extraverts
    By Mycroft in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 09-08-2007, 08:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO