User Tag List

First 891011 Last

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I dont have a strong affiliation with either extraversion or introversion, at least how the questions which assessment determine the type anyway, although I do like independence, originality and I've always choosen to stand out or be different, I've been a little envious, sometimes, of those who have a very clear sense of identity and a profile, socially, based on that.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

This is an awesome thread. I've almost been pretty extraverted, but I like to spend my time alone because I don't like the same stuff as most people I meet. Seems like I'm always adapting my interest to get along with people. Football, basketball, etc... (I like playing basketball, but not talking about it or the teams), its exhausting always talking about sports, so I read and participate in forums. I thought I was an introvert har har. But, really I enjoy hanging out I just don't find it enjoyable to talk about the same thing over and over. I guess I fell alone because I can't seem to connect with anyone, not even my family, sigh.

I mean for some reason I'm always the source of entertainment at work because I'm pretty honest with people and most of them think I'm hilarious when I tell people what's up. People find that hilarious for some reason. I don't get people, I'm guessing they don't get me, sigh...people call me weird all the time, I'm starting to think they really meant it. I don't feel weird!!!
    This post grammatical errors had been intentionally left uncorrected.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by forzen View Post
    This is an awesome thread. I've almost been pretty extraverted, but I like to spend my time alone because I don't like the same stuff as most people I meet. Seems like I'm always adapting my interest to get along with people. Football, basketball, etc... (I like playing basketball, but not talking about it or the teams), its exhausting always talking about sports, so I read and participate in forums. I thought I was an introvert har har. But, really I enjoy hanging out I just don't find it enjoyable to talk about the same thing over and over. I guess I fell alone because I can't seem to connect with anyone, not even my family, sigh.

I mean for some reason I'm always the source of entertainment at work because I'm pretty honest with people and most of them think I'm hilarious when I tell people what's up. People find that hilarious for some reason. I don't get people, I'm guessing they don't get me, sigh...people call me weird all the time, I'm starting to think they really meant it. I don't feel weird!!!
    I can relate a lot to this.

I would consider myself an extroverted loner.

MBTI
    GONE

When you look at the MBT definition of introversion/extraversion, it's not limited or even necessarily about people.

Extraversion is about where you draw your energy from the world and where you naturally focus.

For instance, ESTJs and ENTJs, they could be 'loners' (or more about their family and otherwise loners) but they are still extraverted. It's more about being focused externally on systems, work, managing staff, etc. It's not necessarily about being social it's about needing external stimulation - that stimulation doesn't have to be other people.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by lost verses View Post
    Yes! That's exactly what happens! I have this strong urge to get out there...but then when I go out I'm always disappointed. The people at the party seem too shallow, or this, or that, etc. What does that mean?
    it means you're an ENFP.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Re OP: I spend most of my time in front of a computer screen, but it's usually IMing with someone. I have ideas bouncing around my skull constantly, and I need an outlet for them. It's rare for me to find nerdy people to do that with IRL, so I much prefer the interwebs. I guess that makes me some sort of loner.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    SEXY

Nop, not very rare, I held myself as an INTP when I first learned of MBTI.
    (removed)

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    ILE

I've started to hate being around most of people and I avoid things I hate, therefore i guess I'm somewhat a loner too.
    Oh yeah?

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I'm a total loner. I fit it for a while certain places, but I eventually realize I made a mistake in trying to be something I'm not. But then I go and make the same mistake again :P
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?