User Tag List

123 Last

deleted

Default a Question about ENTPs

What does it mean when you're able to get an ENTP to shut up really easily? I did not have to throw him a bone at all. Does this mean they're learning?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    What does it mean when you're able to get an ENTP to shut up really easily? I did not have to throw him a bone at all. Does this mean they're learning?
    What was the scenario? Who said what, did what, when, sorta thing...sequential
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Two most likely possibilities:

1) He was mouthing off extemporaneously and didn't really actually support/care about what he was saying enough to defend it. Any time an ENTP says anything, there's a good chance he doesn't really mean it, and he'll probably try to take advantage of the ambiguity to shoot you down later when you inevitably interpret it the "wrong" way.

2) You were so incredibly wrong that he didn't feel it was worth his time to attempt correcting you.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTP

they don't consider you a potential source of interesting stuff. if they did, they'd be relentless. IOW they either think you're too boring, too stuck up or just too much hard work to have any fun with. Or the ones sim said.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Oberon

There's a slim chance that what he wanted to say was so egregiously inappropriate to the setting and the other people present that he decided that silence was preferable.

Note I said "slim chance." It took me years to develop this filter, and it still fails sometimes.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

I shut up when I feel like this person will simply not get it. I refuse to be drawn into an argument that leads to nowhere. (eg. If I think the person is pigheaded)

The only other time is when I think the person is too excitable to have a rational discussion. If there's any indication that someone will blow up at me, I shut my mouth. (eg. If I think the person is too emotional)

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    I shut up when I feel like this person will simply not get it. I refuse to be drawn into an argument that leads to nowhere. (eg. If I think the person is pigheaded)

The only other time is when I think the person is too excitable to have a rational discussion. If there's any indication that someone will blow up at me, I shut my mouth. (eg. If I think the person is too emotional)
    I find this ironic since this is exactly my impression often when dealing with ENTPs in discussion.

half mystic, half skeksis jenocyde's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    I find this ironic since this is exactly my impression often when dealing with ENTPs in discussion.
    Well, hey, we can only go by our impressions - who knows what's really true...

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I know an ENTP that I can shut up easily without effort. But that's because he is silly and not very intelligent. Everytime he has an opinion and I wipe the floor with it with a single arguement he becomes super quiet.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

1) Depends on their age, if they're under 25 chances are they aren't an ENTP or they're a Nocap/Eck style ENTP.

1a) This is the alternate ending. They assumed you couldn't grasp the depth of their thought and decided it was better to build a spaceship in their head while you're pontificating their silence.

2) This is the 25 and older option. They have figured out when two people don't agree you can say nothing or say a lot to confirm that conclusion. They decided that you weren't a worthy opponent to debate and simply let you feel as if you were the victor as they're so confident in their skills they no longer have a need to verbally slay you.

3) There is no three, it's one of the above options only, sorry.