User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Thread: Boy Problems

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    Just out of curiosity, why are you opposed to dating?
    Tried it, didn't like it.

It's dumb. You go places and spend money with some person who's main motive is to bang you, and the relationship is probably only going to last for a few months at the most, anyways. I think dates like going out for lunch, or going for a walk or whatever are okay, if you're doing it once or twice, but it's stupid if you're just going to declare someone your girlfriend/boyfriend just because you like each other. The propaganda and rumors and stuff are a hassle to put up with too.

I'd like to focus on my schoolwork for now, too.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    intj

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    Funny that you mention this. My ISTJ friend is trying to trick people into thinking that she's lesbian with me (neither of us are). She's doing this experiment for two months to see how people react to a real-life case of open homosexuality.
    This is a haphazard and vague scientific study. You are not indicating a definite willingness to play along in her scheme. What is the goal of your friend pretending she is your girlfriend for two months? What is your commitment to the study?

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by OK Radio View Post
    This is a haphazard and vague scientific study. You are not indicating a definite willingness to play along in her scheme. What is the goal of your friend pretending she is your girlfriend for two months? What is your commitment to the study?
    She thought up this idea because we have a gay friend that moved to Texas that wasn't comfortable about letting everyone know about his sexuality (like most people our age in this situation), even though most people we knew in our school and community wouldn't have a problem with it, and she wanted to see for herself what would really happen if someone tried it.

You're right. I'm not too amused by this idea of hers, and I'm actually trying to talk her out of it. Plus, for obvious reasons it isn't working yet, and isn't going to either.

holy shit am I a feeler?

Oberon

Funny that you mention this. My ISTJ friend is trying to trick people into thinking that she's lesbian with me (neither of us are). She's doing this experiment for two months to see how people react to a real-life case of open homosexuality.
    I suspect that it's possible, maybe even likely, that you have a bi-curious friend who has a bit of a crush on you. The "experiment" would be a pretext for acting out her feelings within a framework that neither of you find threatening.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

It's dumb. You go places and spend money with some person who's main motive is to bang you, and the relationship is probably only going to last for a few months at the most, anyways. I think dates like going out for lunch, or going for a walk or whatever are okay, if you're doing it once or twice, but it's stupid if you're just going to declare someone your girlfriend/boyfriend just because you like each other. The propaganda and rumors and stuff are a hassle to put up with too.

You're smart niffer.

I have to admit it does actually surprise me that 13-year-old literally deal with 'getting banged'. I wonder where the parents are. These kids are not legal to drive, at least a few of the girls probably don't have their periods yet. How much pressure would it be to deal with sex at 13. Some have more maturity, but am i the only one who shakes their head a little here? I know kids are being sexualized earlier and earlier, but what's next? Elementary school children dealing with sexual advances? Kindergarten hook-ups? Where exactly is the line to be drawn? Where are the parents? Do people just not give a shit anymore about nurturing their kids?
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

heart on fire

That's a very wise outlook. You have plenty of time for dating later on. You will be so glad later on that you have chosen to wait to date. You are correct to focus on your own development now.

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    You're smart niffer.

I have to admit it does actually surprise me that 13-year-old literally deal with 'getting banged'. I wonder where the parents are. These kids are not legal to drive, at least a few of the girls probably don't have their periods yet. How much pressure would it be to deal with sex at 13. Some have more maturity, but am i the only one who shakes their head a little here? I know kids are being sexualized earlier and earlier, but what's next? Elementary school children dealing with sexual advances? Kindergarten hook-ups? Where exactly is the line to be drawn? Where are the parents? Do people just not give a shit anymore about nurturing their kids?
    This was an issue for girls even back when I was 13-14. I was saved from most of this stress because I was so shy and withdrawn and not popular at all, but it was definately an issue for those who did date. Even as shy as I was, I still had to handle the issue of turning down some sexual advances made to me. It was just the culture in my community as was early drinking and smoking. I never took up either drinking or smoking however and I didn't become sexually active as early as my friends did. My nickname became '"Jane Eyre"

Most of the parents were either working late or out on dates or with their friends. We had a lot of single parent households in my school. I was sort of rare because my parents were older and still married to each other. Most of the time when I was over at any friend's houses, their parents were gone and we had the house to ourselves until later in the evening.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Naem View Post
    Start a rumor that you're a lesbian. Problem solved.
    Yeah, because males are turned off by attractive lesbians.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    9w6

Ok, time for a little boxless thinking...

Go on a date, but have one of your parents come along and grill your date with uncomfortable questions constantly. An older sibling could work, but they have to be able to mildly terrify the guy.

The legend of the Really Bad Date will do the rest of the work.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by oberon67 View Post
    I suspect that it's possible, maybe even likely, that you have a bi-curious friend who has a bit of a crush on you. The "experiment" would be a pretext for acting out her feelings within a framework that neither of you find threatening.
    Actually, she used to think she was bi-curious. But she's dropped the experiment idea now....on to something new once again. And by the way....she wouldn't think that way even if I was the last human on Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    You're smart niffer. thanks :3

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    This was an issue for girls even back when I was 13-14. I was saved from most of this stress because I was so shy and withdrawn and not popular at all, but it was definately an issue for those who did date. Even as shy as I was, I still had to handle the issue of turning down some sexual advances made to me. It was just the culture in my community as was early drinking and smoking. I never took up either drinking or smoking however and I didn't become sexually active as early as my friends did. My nickname became '"Jane Eyre"

Most of the parents were either working late or out on dates or with their friends. We had a lot of single parent households in my school. I was sort of rare because my parents were older and still married to each other. Most of the time when I was over at any friend's houses, their parents were gone and we had the house to ourselves until later in the evening.
    I think it really depends on the community people are raised in...to answer some of toonia's questions. Like heart said, she grew up in such a community where younger kids were being exposed to more sexual things and other corrupting stuff...and it would just continue as something of a tradition in that community, where the behaviour would become a part of it since the adults who were raised in it would pretty much pass it on.

holy shit am I a feeler?

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Naem View Post
    Ok, time for a little boxless thinking...

Go on a date, but have one of your parents come along and grill your date with uncomfortable questions constantly. An older sibling could work, but they have to be able to mildly terrify the guy.

The legend of the Really Bad Date will do the rest of the work.
    Something like that happened once already.

It obviously didn't work.

holy shit am I a feeler?