User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 32

  1. #1
    Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    1,126

    Default Who is Kidney worthy?

    Life and death situations.

    Okay- in what circumstances if any would you give your kidney to someone else?

    Would you be willing to give your kidney to someone or would you be too afraid of something going wrong or dying or needing that kidney yourself- if this person needs it what if I end up needing a kidney later in my life too kind of thing?

    Would you be willing to give your kidney to a little kid that isn't related to you that you didn't even know?

    Would you give it to your sig other?

    A family member you weren't close to?

    What if the person was way older- would that matter or would you figure they aren't going to get much use out of it anyway?

    Can you get your kidney back if the person you gave your kidney to dies?
    Like dies years later. Is that a bad social stigma like thing to have in contract?

    Do you ever worry about having to make this kind of decision?
    I'll admit- I do- I have already gone through the list of people I know and have weighed to myself who I honestly deem kidney worthy. So far I have only come across two, hubby and daughter- that's it. Hubby makes life worth living - I need him day to day just like my kidney and makes it heaven and gives a good name to humanity so that is why I deem him kidney worthy- daughter because I am specially bonded to her- typical mother child reasons. Everyone else I have to honestly say no- no I wouldn't,lol.

    I am very afraid of surgery and feel a need for both kidneys as I am a very just in case type person. I already figure one of mine will go down. I don't even drink but you never know- could be something else that causes it to fail. The anesthesia is the most dangerous part of surgery they say so that has me totally freaked out and scared of surgery.

    Anyway- just wondering what other people's thoughts were about this.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

  2. #2
    I am Sofa King!!! kendoiwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    IsTP
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    I'm stingy when it comes to my body parts.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

    "They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

  3. #3
    Senior Member Qre:us's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    4,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ladypinkington View Post
    Life and death situations.

    Okay- in what circumstances if any would you give your kidney to someone else?

    Would you be willing to give your kidney to someone or would you be too afraid of something going wrong or dying or needing that kidney yourself- if this person needs it what if I end up needing a kidney later in my life too kind of thing?

    Would you be willing to give your kidney to a little kid that isn't related to you that you didn't even know?

    Would you give it to your sig other?

    A family member you weren't close to?

    What if the person was way older- would that matter or would you figure they aren't going to get much use out of it anyway?

    Can you get your kidney back if the person you gave your kidney to dies?
    Like dies years later. Is that a bad social stigma like thing to have in contract?

    Do you ever worry about having to make this kind of decision?
    I'll admit- I do- I have already gone through the list of people I know and have weighed to myself who I honestly deem kidney worthy. So far I have only come across two, hubby and daughter- that's it. Hubby makes life worth living and makes it heaven and gives a good name to humanity so that is why I deem him kidney worthy- daughter because I am specially bonded to her- typical mother child reasons. Everyone else I have to honestly say no- no I wouldn't,lol.

    I am very afraid of surgery and feel a need for both kidneys as I am a very just in case type person. I already figure one of mine will go down. I don't even drink but you never know- could be something else that causes it to fail. The anesthesia is the most dangerous part of surgery they say so that has me totally freaked out and scared of surgery.

    Anyway- just wondering what other people's thoughts were about this.

    Depends...how much of a I am.

  4. #4
    Senior Member sculpting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,226

    Default

    I'd give anybody a kidney. I am an equal opportunity kidney doner. Ive got two.

  5. #5
    I am Sofa King!!! kendoiwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    IsTP
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by happy puppy View Post
    I'd give anybody a kidney. I am an equal opportunity kidney doner. Ive got two.
    Can I have one just in case? You never can be to safe.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

    "They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

  6. #6
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    I would need to care for and know the person really well, before I'm willing to give up my kidney.

    I'd need to be certain it was worth it and not a waste.

    Right now, the number of people I'd be willing to give my kidney too is a number I can count on one hand. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  7. #7
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    To family in a heartbeat... but they can only have one

  8. #8
    Junior Member Kalyrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Not to someone significantly older than me.

  9. #9
    Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx
    Posts
    9,422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyrn View Post
    Not to someone significantly older than me.
    Why not, you'd have a fair chance of getting it back on short notice then.

    (Is it ever done? Reverse transplants? I'm not that into medical stuff. :P )
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

  10. #10
    I am Sofa King!!! kendoiwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    IsTP
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Why not, you'd have a fair chance of getting it back on short notice then.

    (Is it ever done? Reverse transplants? I'm not that into medical stuff. :P )
    Good idea. You could get a contract that guarantees you first rights to your kidney.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

    "They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

Similar Threads

  1. [MBTItm] Who is your favorite brain sparring partner?
    By Angry Ayrab in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 07-04-2008, 07:10 PM
  2. Living with someone who is Bipolar.
    By Prototype in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-01-2008, 10:36 AM
  3. Who is good at math?
    By The Ü™ in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 03-06-2008, 09:50 PM
  4. Who is the most protective type?
    By kathara in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-22-2007, 11:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO