User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    XNTX

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Just as IQ is relative, so is wealth. Having "average" smarter people won't significantly impact on the distribution of wealth in the society.

(But yes, you are otherwise probably correct.)
    Yeah, but intelligent people know when they are being F***ed over and rise up.

Sona doesn't seem to realize that his father joined the British army of his own free volition and they probably emigrated as the British Army withdrew from India.

Sona also probably doesn't realize that while the British withdrawal from India was quick (As they were bankrupt from WW2 saving Europe from the NAZI) it was the Indian's own racist views that lead to the Muslims heading to Pakistan to seek retribution. The fact is that India is a pretty racist place.

Sona, could also blame the British for whatever, but the Indian princes were ok about it all. There wasn't actually much in the way of a British army there anyway... people in India could have changed everything quickly if they were being unfairly repressed.

But India is its own master now and good luck to them, hopefully they'll use their "superior" IQ to actually give a damn about all other people that live in their country.

Lastly, having IQ and actually using it in a constructive manner is something Sona evidently doesn't comprehend. Intelligent and prosperous societies are built on team work. Sona will live in the Stone Age with his attitudes.

I think people of the Indian sub-continent, Persians, and Arabians are very much a mix of the races mentioned.

It's funny, but , I think they are officially classified as "Caucusoid" not "Mongoloids".

Not that I care that much, but I remember learning that in civics class a long time ago.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

My anthro prof (who was the leading forensic anthropologist for the city) explained that while there are general trends of physical differences associated with different colors of skin, there is no true biological difference that accounts for race.

Our genes cannot be categorized into race. (Or, if they once could, they are long past being able to be categorized.) It's one masssiiivveee gradient and people from all races have quirks about them that are "characteristic" of other races.

Race doesn't really exist.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    But since when has science ever been right? (Professors still just tell you what they want you to hear.) I've come to believe that science is just as much a religion as Christianity and Islam.

Race is simply different varieties of human breeds, much like dogs. Like dog breeds, different breeds of humans often display varying degrees of intelligence and possess different skills.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    My anthro prof (who was the leading forensic anthropologist for the city) explained that while there are general trends of physical differences associated with different colors of skin, there is no true biological difference that accounts for race.

Our genes cannot be categorized into race. (Or, if they once could, they are long past being able to be categorized.) It's one masssiiivveee gradient and people from all races have quirks about them that are "characteristic" of other races.

It depends on how you define it, but I'd agree about the gradient bit.

However, the lack of race does not denote anything about genetic pool diversity - such as the dominance of blond hair in scandinavia and black hair in asia. It doesn't mean they are seperate races; but the closed gene pools have had allowed dominant genes to entirely remove blond hair from one culture while preserving the weak genes in another (although it is still in the process of being eliminated, just very slowly.)

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    [] but the closed gene pools have had allowed dominant genes to entirely remove blond hair from one culture while preserving the weak genes in another (although it is still in the process of being eliminated, just very slowly.)
    I presume you meant "recessive" when you wrote "weak", not that bond hair constitutes a weakness, right ?

...despite whatever the stereotyped relationship is between blond hair and IQ .

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INTJ

I was wondering. Can anyone who doesn’t believe in intelligence differences for different ethnical groups, based on heritage, explain to me why the average IQ in Taiwan is approximately 5 points higher (numbers: IQ and the Wealth of Nations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) than my native country Norway. I think one hardly can make the argument environmental conditions are better in Taiwan than Norway…

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    I presume you meant "recessive" when you wrote "weak", not that bond hair constitutes a weakness, right ?

...despite whatever the stereotyped relationship is between blond hair and IQ .
    Hah hah, yah, that's what I meant The word was escaping me and I was too much in a rush to think on it...

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    I was wondering. Can anyone who doesn't believe in intelligence differences for different ethnical groups, based on heritage, explain to me why the average IQ in Taiwan is approximately 5 points higher (numbers: IQ and the Wealth of Nations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) than my native country Norway. I think one hardly can make the argument environmental conditions are better in Taiwan than Norway…
    Bias in testing, bias in tests used, bias in authors, bias in adjustment of data, erratic testing samples, etc. There is a reason that that book was ridiculous and it really shouldn't be used as justification for IQ spreads across ethnic areas.

In any case, it could be anything from size of family, nutrition, sunlight, education system, emphasis, cultural testing... really, it could be just about anything one can think of.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    I was wondering. Can anyone who doesn't believe in intelligence differences for different ethnical groups, based on heritage, explain to me why the average IQ in Taiwan is approximately 5 points higher (numbers: IQ and the Wealth of Nations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) than my native country Norway. I think one hardly can make the argument environmental conditions are better in Taiwan than Norway

Short version. Bad book. Many biases. Very irritating. Don't base your views on it.

Reasons could be anything you could think of. Sunlight. Diet. Education. Family size. Heating systems.

(edit: God damn cut off messages. *fists in the air*)