User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    It's called culturally biased testing.

Make a test based on the language norms of one culture and guess what? The people from that culture tend to do better on the test. Imagine that.
    If this was true, then the whites would have scored higher then Asians.

It is extrememly difficult to create completely neutral measurement systems.
    You can by brain size measurements.

MBTI
    INTP

Shame on you who speak favourably about IQ tests.
    Your bigotry is even more loathsome than that of the White Supremacists.

You hide your racism under cover. You entertain airs and you assume the role of the priest and the professor.

You cannot measure something you do not understand.

The brain is a universe.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    In THEORY your IQ is higher than mine, in PRACTISE, it is not and you are just a moron.
    qft lol (even if i'm white)

Sona...

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sona View Post

You can by brain size measurements.
    Immigrants are impregnated on the western culture. Especially the Asian immigrants.
    African Americans are not immigrants.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by lastrailway View Post
    I 'll be repeating myself now, but I think we use too easily the word "genetic".
    If I use a sample of people of different races and have them take an IQ test, whatever difference should I find, I cannot interpret the result as being "genetic". The IQ test is a very un-scientific tool to prove anything and, as toonia said, it is culturally biased.
    Genetic characteristics are characteristics that correspond to an identified gene or genetic mechanism. And up to now, there are not convincing studies of genes related with intelligence.
    And one more thing: it is not proved that there genetic differences between races, or the various races would have been called sub-species. Human beings of all races have very similar genetic structures, and the differences between them are mostly phenotypical
    Correct.

MBTI
    XNTX

Sona, if Asia was such a great place your parents wouldn't have emigrated.

Its well known that Asian men have the smallest penises, so we can emphasise with your need to overcompensate.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Veneti View Post
    Sona, if Asia was such a great place your parents wouldn't have emigrated.

Its well known that Asian men have the smallest penises, so we can emphasise with your need to overcompensate.

Don't make me laugh. Before you try to attack firstly make sure you have a fairly sound argument.

My parents come form Punjab (Pakistan) the place were the British ruled, in fact my grandfather was in the colonial army fighting against Japanese fascist expansion in the region. The only reason my parents had to move from there becouse of colonialism, it was the actions of the British which led to the despicable state the Indian subcontinent was left in. It was the British who plundered, raped and massacred our people. It was at the end of world war two the British promoted the migration of Punjabis into England to help rebuild the country after world war two. So don't give me that crap about migration we ain't some African dudes brought from some shitty 3rd world country to be slaves of the white man. We are the most honorable and hospitable people in the world and also the cleanest.

MBTI
    XNTX

Don't make me laugh. Before you try to attack firstly make sure you have a fairly sound argument.

My parents come form Punjab (Pakistan) the place were the British ruled, in fact my grandfather was in the colonial army fighting against Japanese fascist expansion in the region. The only reason my parents had to move from there becouse of colonialism, it was the actions of the British which led to the despicable state the Indian subcontinent was left in. It was the British who plundered, raped and massacred our people. It was at the end of world war two the British promoted the migration of Punjabis into England to help rebuild the country after world war two. So don't give me that crap about migration we ain't some African dudes brought from some shitty 3rd world country to be slaves of the white man. We are the most honorable and hospitable people in the world and also the cleanest.
    Ok, Now I see. You are borderline Al Qaeda...

I saw the documentary on the anniversary of the split between Pakistan and India. Truly terrible things happened. I think the British really let the people down, and many died for it.

However, it looks like you are seeking something to regain your identity, using the IQ superior race stuff isn't going to work. If people from India/Pakistan were so smart there wouldn't be millions in poverty. I can categorically assure you that the massive underclasses are not weighted in the IQ tests.

I have noted on quite a few occasions that Asians (Pakistan/Indian) living in Britain have very racist overtones, they might believe that their race is smarter, but they probably just referencing fellow immigrants by whose very nature are far more determined and success orientated than the people they left behind.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Veneti View Post
    If people from India/Pakistan were so smart there wouldn't be millions in poverty. I can categorically assure you that the massive underclasses are not weighted in the IQ tests.
    Just as IQ is relative, so is wealth. Having "average" smarter people won't significantly impact on the distribution of wealth in the society.

(But yes, you are otherwise probably correct.)

[
    Quote Originally Posted by Splittet View Post
    I think we need to get past the point of talking down on IQ tests and just analyze the results. Without doubt they measure that blacks have lower average IQs than Europeans or Asians. This quote from the online article sums it up: 'Neither the existence nor the size of race differences in IQ are a matter of dispute, only their cause.'
    The problem is in the concept of "IQ" itself, not in the measurement. You can spend all sorts of time measuring pieces of non-sense and correlating different pieces of non-sense with other pices of non-sense and eventually you'll get something "meaningfull"?

It's called data-mining done wrong.

Now tell me. How do expect a single number to indicate something as complex as "intelligence" in any way that is meaningful, when we have a hard time comming up with figures of merit for some thing as simple as energy efficency of a circuit (Energy-Delay-Product is the best so far, but is still largely lacking)?
    Last edited by ygolo; 09-02-2007 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Some character triggered a cut-off

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield