User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

I'll probably never change my name. And my current avatar is a bit like the real life me --sunglasses, purse, scarf, and trying to stay away from prying eyes, so I think I'll keep it awhile until I find one I feel represents me more accurately.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    How about when people keep a general theme to their avatars? I always try to keep it a black cat of some sort.
    I have no problem when people do that. Like I know Pink usually has: horses, flames, or some James Dean esque fellow in her avatars. It's always easy to figure out it's Pink. Just like it's always easy to figure out it's you or Rudvardh (sp?) posting because of the cat thing.

But when they suddenly jump themes, my head spins around and I'll think they're some "punk ass newb" for a couple of weeks before the change clicks.

That said, I'm lazy and get complacent with my avatars/usernames. They usually sum me up as a whole, so I rarely see the need to change them unless some "radical" change within myself has occurred and I feel my forum presence needs to be reassessed.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    That said, I'm lazy and get complacent with my avatars/usernames. They usually sum me up as a whole, so I rarely see the need to change them unless some "radical" change within myself has occurred and I feel my forum presence needs to be reassessed.
    INFJ's seem pretty consistent in their self presentation, though. Right?
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    INFJ's seem pretty consistent in their self presentation, though. Right?
    From what I've noticed, yes, that seems to be the case here. They either follow the themed avatars thing or don't change them that much. Or they don't change too drastically in their posting style.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

deleted

This shouldn't even be a complaint. I think Si valuers need to grow up!

I think it's easy for me to tell who it is because I memorize everyone's post count.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Sytpg is an anti-marketing strategy of mine. So I would never change my name. Unless it was something cool like BillMurrayWantsYouForWorldPresidency.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    On a related note, I find avatar or name changes destabilizing as I tend to associate these with who you ARE to me. Is anyone else like this?
    Yeah, I do associate them with the person, but I can easily adapt. And as they change avatars and names or whatever, the old ones just get archived in my head "X that used to be Y, and changed their B avatar for a C". I don't have difficulty pulling that out of the filing cabinet in like, a second.

Actually I tell a lie - it does get archived at first, but pretty soon they grow into the new ID, I can see they have, so I just ditch the old one in my head and take them as they now are.

I have thought about changing mine but fuck knows what to. Whatever name I pick, I end up hating it within weeks and wanting to change it, but I can't change it as often as I feel like cos it's just not practical, so I pick a random word to start with from any piece of paper near me or whatever, and stick with it once it's become well known/infamous. I used to get my change fix with avatars, but since I'm not here so much these days, I figure what's the point?

The last person I'd have expected to complain about change was an ENTP!
    Ils se dÔŅĹmerdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INTP

erinavery changed her name?
    Something Witty

I like it when people change their avatars. To me your name is your face and your avatar are the clothes you wear. So name changes throw me a bit but not avatars. When people change their avatars a lot I get used to their style. It's interesting.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Iíve changed names on another forum after about a year and several thousand posts, I did it for a number of reasons but itís hard to adequately explain them. I mostly changed because I like to have an element of control over what people know about me, I tend to use different names on different forums but have used the name Trinity a few too many times not expecting to stay on forums as long as I have, I no longer felt comfortable using it on that forum. I also felt as though I was seen as someone who could only joke about and never be serious and as such was expected to entertain others, it was a makeover so to speak. Since changing it Iíve felt a shitload more comfortable there. I don't care if it confused others, in fact that's what I wanted, or more accurately, I wanted others not to notice and link me with my previous name.

Why yes, yes I do over think things

As for changing avatars, there are a number of forums where Iíve never changed it but here I do frequently, reason being, Iím not my avatar and associating me with whatever image I chose is not accurately portraying me, I go with what best represents me at the time but that changes so I donít keep anything too long. I would never use a pic of me as an avatar, works for some people but Iím not a fan of the look.