MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I am not bothered by this changes.

If they change both at the same time you just go to their profile and look what threads they have open and read some of their debates. If someone quoted them you will see their old name.

Since my sensing sucks I don't pay too much attention to avatars. I simply read the name.

Post count can also give them away if they post a lot.

I don't see the problem.
    One doesn't have to do all this crap if their Ne is strong enough. When e/a changed to L/X, i didn't catch it for about 3.5 secs. During that 3.5 secs, i was quoting something she said as if she was a newbe. But somewhere in that 3.5 sec Ne mess was also a message which told me exactly who she was. In retrospect, i should have posted it for the sake of those whos Ne would have taken them 4.5 secs leading them to go ahead and tap the (submit reply) button. With the intention of developing a better Si for those that would notice this misshap
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    It seems like a lot of people are changing their user names. If you did, why?
    Efficiency. Duh?

On a related note, I find avatar or name changes destabilizing as I tend to associate these with who you ARE to me. Is anyone else like this?
    Well who I AM tends to change.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INTJ

I can understand the confusion for sure, but I think a lot of people change significantly during their time spent on the forum and want to express that. I do wish people would make some kind of announcement or something when they change it though, because sometimes it takes me weeks to realize that what I thought was a new member was someone who has been here for awhile.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Hmmm, why is the PHYSICAL appearance (which is entirely irrelevant online) so important, do you think?
    You can judge a book by its cover.

Does who you are outwardly affect how you feel inside? Absolutely. Do you represent how you feel inside with how you appear outwardly? Absolutely.
    So, shouldn't it stand to reason that other people can perceive you similarly?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    does it bother you when people change their appearance frequently irl?
    No, because it still looks like them. Like, I've created different versions of my avatar. Different, but still "me". Still Synarch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I find it a bit distracting. It's like they're waving to me from their family vacations or something.
    Haha. Nice imagery.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Some people aren't cool enough to come up with a good name the first time.
    Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Nocap View Post
    Well who I AM tends to change.
    But part of you never changes...
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

How about when people keep a general theme to their avatars? I always try to keep it a black cat of some sort.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

First forum I was on, the people went around making avatars for each other and there were some cool artists that made some pretty personal but awesome ones too but that's not the point. Anyhow, at the time I was a rabid avatar switcher.

But now, I feel like Synarch about this. I've went by this same avatar for years, the nick I use is either Fluffywolf, Chayim or Kaynin. But I like all three equally so don't bother changing those either on a forum. :P

But, I once was on a forum that was about a game in which a character does not turn out to be the character he allegedly should be. And I made a username "Da real 'character's name'" which was pretty damn crappy. So, I can imagine if people made their usernames a bit rushy or something and want to change it. :P
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    You can judge a book by its cover.

Does who you are outwardly affect how you feel inside? Absolutely. Do you represent how you feel inside with how you appear outwardly? Absolutely.
    So, shouldn't it stand to reason that other people can perceive you similarly?
    I don't think it is always true that people represent how they feel inside with how they appear outwardly. Some people don't have the money to dress the way they'd like. Some people are not good at putting their outer look together to express their inside personality. Some people have to choose clothes primarily due to size and not style. Some people choose their clothing or hairstyle in keeping with religious principles and may not fully express their personalities.

It's very easy to lump people into categories based on their outer "look," and we don't often give people a chance to show us their inner selves. Also, one's level of physical attractiveness plays heavily into how the person is treated. If you're considered ugly, you usually have to work harder at proving yourself valuable in other ways. If you're considered beautiful, people may be jealous of you or pay attention to you solely because you are physically attractive. I like the Internet because you can bypass all of these issues and let people become acquainted with the inner you before they ever see the outer you.
    I-71%, N-80%, F-74%, P-96%

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelchild View Post
    I don't think it is always true that people represent how they feel inside with how they appear outwardly. Some people don't have the money to dress the way they'd like. Some people are not good at putting their outer look together to express their inside personality. Some people have to choose clothes primarily due to size and not style. Some people choose their clothing or hairstyle in keeping with religious principles and may not fully express their personalities.

It's very easy to lump people into categories based on their outer "look," and we don't often give people a chance to show us their inner selves. Also, one's level of physical attractiveness plays heavily into how the person is treated. If you're considered ugly, you usually have to work harder at proving yourself valuable in other ways. If you're considered beautiful, people may be jealous of you or pay attention to you solely because you are physically attractive. I like the Internet because you can bypass all of these issues and let people become acquainted with the inner you before they ever see the outer you.
    You make some very good points here. In fact, every point you make is good.

It makes me think about who we really are. I think to ourselves we are who we feel inside, but to others part of who we are is how we are perceived by them and taken through their own subjective filters. Even online you cannot change this.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

yeah!! punk ass kids changing their names!!

Folk like Erina need borders, because their heads are too wobbly

deleted

I'm pro change just for the record. This forum is boring enough as is. Don't ban name changes!