User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When has absent-mindedness costed you?

8w9 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Matt22 View Post
    Last day before college, just did laundry. Normally I am very careful to check the pockets of my pants. And I thought I was today as well. But I forget to check the jeans that I had worn today and ended up getting my cell phone and wallet washed.

Oh well, no emoticon from me. Do you guys have any absent-minded horror stories?
    Yeah, I've done exactly what you did before. Er...pretty much everything that's gone wrong in my life had to do with absent-mindedness. Second would be flakiness.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

5w6 so/sp

I've probably spent an amount of money equivalent to a third world nation's national budget on umbrellas at this point.
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --

Travelled like 14 hours to go back to my country last year, without having avised anyone on my arrival, passed through airports, trains and buses to finally reach to my village at 4:00 a.m., only to realise that I hadn't even thought about bringing my keys, nor did I have a working cellphone or something, and the only way to enter the house would be to knock very hard the door and scare everybody, since they didn't know I would be coming

My absent mindedness is all about the missing of crucially important appointments, however I recently bought myself 3 cork pin boards (large), and I stick up a copy of the appointment on each one, one is in the hallway, one is above the desk, and the other is in my bedroom, so that no matter what I can't forget lol.

I have never put money or anything valuable in the machine, I am way too poor to take that risk.
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

I would say a little under $4000 equivalent monetarily.
    No relationships or opportunities lost, thankfully.

However, my absent-mindedness comes from pre-occupation with my agenda. In this sense, my absent-mindedness, costs me my mind, or at least my mindfulness, each time.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

6w7 sx/so

How about this for entertaining: Anything my father asks me to remember for him, I don't and he does; anything I ask him to remember for me, he doesn't and I do. ^_^
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.