User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    We were talking about how much Sona sucks. Let's not lose sight of this thread's true purpose!
    Yeah!

How about some arguments against my proposed strategy of ignoring his trolling posts problematic posts regardless of what one believes his motivation is? (See post #37.)

MBTI
    WOLF

Eco; then where would all the fun go?

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by ferunandesu View Post
    What do you mean by better?
    Well, to use the example at hand, I believe 'better' can mean 'less prone to antisocial behavior, intellectual dishonesty, and interpersonal friction.'

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
    Eco; then where would all the fun go?
    I don't know about your fun, but I'd still have all the other INXJs.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    How about some arguments against my proposed strategy of ignoring his trolling posts problematic posts regardless of what one believes his motivation is? (See post #37.)
    • Sona is just misunderstood and needs to feel love and acceptance to make up for a tormented childhood.
    • If Sona does not get his attention here, he will have to make even more noise and eventually the forums will be shaken to the ground.
    • If Sona does not get to relieve his stress here, he might take his guns and shoot up a local Quickie-Mart.
    • Most of us have gotten used to the constant entertainment of Sona's antics and will be bored with ourselves if the conversations end.
    • Sona might get bored and leave long before Meshou ever comes back to provide that "dissident voice."
    • All the bets about whether Sahara or Sona will win their fight will be preempted.
    • Lateralus will have to do actual work.
    • The terrorists will have won if we do not destroy the evil in our midst. (Thanks, GWB!)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Wow, are you serious? Who decided whose cultures are the "better" ones? The "better" cultures I bet. :rolli:
    Determination of the value of 'better' is problematic, of course...but that doesn't render it invalid, only useless for the sake of objective discussion.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    • If Sona does not get to relieve his stress here, he might take his guns and shoot up a local Quickie-Mart.
    That would never happen.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    I'm with Oberon on this one, some cultures are better than others, a nation that commits FGM, acid scarring attacks, child brides, and sharia law deserves to be condemned.
    As opposed to the ones that have colonized most of the planet, stolen their natural resources, indebted them to World Banks and such and basically set a system in which those "better" cultures will always thrive and survive? Can we bring other past atrocities in the mix or are we concentrating on the current ones? Let's not even get into how much of a sink these "better" cultures are on the environment. How many people own Hummers in Morocco or Pakistan?

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    No, the masochistic and codependent cultures are very happy to describe how much better the rest of the world is.
    AKA, Islamic cultures. Your biases are showing.

Quote Originally Posted by oberon67 View Post
    Well, to use the example at hand, I believe 'better' can mean 'less prone to antisocial behavior, intellectual dishonesty, and interpersonal friction.'
    And Western culture isn't a breeding ground for this? The DSM is ever growing, people have cancer, heart disease, obesity, and other sicknesses at alarming rates. We are in no wise better or better off.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by oberon67 View Post
    Exactly, you believe. But what does a different culture believe? The whole world doesn't value these things.

(And I suppose America invading Iraq by telling citizens through the media about the suspicion of weapons of mass destruction was diplomatic and intellectually honest?)

MBTI
    INTJ

I want to know which of Jen's arguments Jen is serious about.