User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Am going to go an get some more drink. you guys have just upset me.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I begin to lean more towards troll who makes stuff up and baits people. Is it humanly possible for someone to be that inconsistent and un-self aware? As an evangelical I understand some of the impact that religion and some of it's dogmas can have on a person. I can understand being conflicted. I can, to some degree, understand the pressure to conform.

What smells like a rat is that one minute he is a calculating SOB who wants to use a religion he doesn't really believe in to control others, most especially women then the next minute he is a sad drunk who hates himself for not believing in God. With one hand he would lop off my head (though I am probably more true to his religion than he is in many ways) and with the other hand he would seek my pity. He seeks mercy that he has no intention of giving.

Then I click on his sig.

I'm leaning pretty hard toward troll right about now.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Sona View Post
    I don't know what "JMO Ymmv" means, but my mother has made me too independent on her, sometimes I can't say the things I wanna say. But you'll never understand that becouse you don't live in an Islamic society.
    Sona, a person doesn't have to come from an Islamic society to understand the power a dominating parent can have on a person. Does she still have legal power over your actions or are you now allowed to be a man?

Even if she had legal power over you, you can still help yourself by refusing to react to her in ways that are self destructive. Be your own advocate first and everything else will make more sense.

JMO= just my opinion
    YMMV= Your Milage May Vary

What if you family doesn't want to change? I can change today and leave Islam and adopt anything, but when you family doesn't its hard.
    I know this Sona, but you have to be brave for yourself in this. You can use your creative mind to find a compromise to ease yourself into a new way of being that allows time for others (maybe you too) to come to accept the changing you. It will not be without pain, but it seems that you are hurting yourself now already and not getting what you need from the situation.

Yeah its true, I am fucked only becouse I realize there is no GOD!!! and I hate myself now.

Yeah I understand that, but I hate myself for rejecting my religion and everything. So I try to defend it. And rationalize it to myself that its ok.
    I have hated myself over not being able to conform to what others wanted of me in the past too. Somehow you have to use your own mind now to support your self image, a self image that is changing as your beliefs change. You still love your family and want to be loyal to them? Correct? This is understandable but you must also learn to love and support your own needs to be true to self because apparently it is important for you. This is a hard step for everyone when they come to it, if they come to it.

But what is bad? I think about everything now, reality is subjective. Everything is subjective. And I hate that, becouse it creates chaos for me. I like order and structure.
    Yes, it is hard to have one's paradigm change like that, having the rug pulled out with nothing to replace it. I think you are going to experience many things in life and you will rebuild a belief system for yourself that is more taliored to you based on those experiences and what they teach you.

Many people do not believe in their own religion, but they go through the motions to keep up the public front and to appease their own internal urge to do their duty. Many people in the west feel this too. You have become an outsider of sorts because you are feeling a call to be truer to yourself than others. It may make you angry at the hypocrisy you see around you in others. A desire to shock others out of their beliefs may be strong in you, but your chosen way of expressing that is not getting the response you desire and then you feel angry and want to vent out about it. It is understandable but probably not beneficial to your development.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sona View Post
    Am going to go an get some more drink. you guys have just upset me.

*walks off humming Cruel to Be Kind*

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    I shouldn't even respond to you because we're obviously on very different wavelengths, you're possibly even weirder than Sona.
    Wouldn't an NT such as yourself be more open to "weirdness?"

1. It's not desirable for people to contradict themselves. Everyone makes mistakes, yes. That doesn't mean we should all stop giving a shit.
    I realize that. But the fact is that we do it whether we like it or not. What does or doesn't make sense to the world isn't necessarily true for the individual. When all is said and done, logic is just as subjective as emotion.

3. astrology is crap
    Now here is a contradiction. You say that certain belief systems are crap, and somehow, I doubt you'll say the same thing about science, which is also pretty much a belief system. We can't prove or disprove scientific theories (i.e. evolution vs. creationism) anymore than we can prove or disprove the existence of a higher deity.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Wouldn't an NT such as yourself be more open to "weirdness?"
    I would think "eclectic" but not weird or strange.

MBTI
    WOLF

Hmmm. I'm left wondering what I have done in the very limited time I've been here to end up on Sona's Ignore list, even before I posted in this thread *amused*

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex View Post
    Hmmm. I'm left wondering what I have done in the very limited time I've been here to end up on Sona's Ignore list, even before I posted in this thread *amused*
    I noticed that too. Maybe he was jealous of all the waves in your introductory thread?

heart on fire

I am wondering what sweet LadyPinkington could have ever done to get on his list? She's just about the most non-offensive person posting on here...and that says a lot about what Sona's criteria must be for his ignore list.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    I am wondering what sweet LadyPinkington could have ever done to get on his list? She's just about the most non-offensive person posting on here...and that says a lot about what Sona's criteria must be for his ignore list.
    I wondered the same thing.

Sona, how do you figure out who makes The Book of the Dead and whose name is in the Book of Life?
    Last edited by proteanmix; 08-31-2007 at 12:40 PM. Reason: grammar
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3