User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    You are by far the worst offender Sahara :P. It must be the well-documented allure of the ISTJ for INFPs (though I have never experienced it). All I can say is that it's a good thing he's never seen that INFP ass of yours, because he would never leave you alone. Anyone who has seen *that thread* knows what I'm talking about.
    He did see it lol, he was stuck in purgatory at the time.
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    He did see it lol, he was stuck in purgatory at the time.
    It all makes sense now.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I honestly don't think Sona is a troll. His perspectives are just a product of a different upbringing. People here talk about how open-minded they are, but they seem to shun alternate perspectives without even trying to understand them.
    I don't think Sona is a troll, either. But I wouldn't be so quick to say people aren't trying to understand him. I think people are trying, they just find his beliefs and behavior despicable, at the same time. Understanding is not the same as acceptance.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTJ

I honestly don't think Sona is a troll.
    Then why did my ignoring him get his goat considering that nothing else does (according to Lateralus)?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    Then why did my ignoring him get his goat considering that nothing else does (according to Lateralus)?
    Maybe he likes you!

MBTI
    ENTP

I honestly don't think Sona is a troll. His perspectives are just a product of a different upbringing. People here talk about how open-minded they are, but they seem to shun alternate perspectives without even trying to understand them.
    I totally agree that his perspectives are more due to his upbringing than that he is trying to annoy people, but it's difficult to understand someone when they won't even meet you halfway. He contradicts himself, states his assumptions as facts, and seems to expect everyone to agree with him apparently just because he's so sure of himself.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    INTJ

Maybe he likes you!

If that was the case, then my approach should actually be the same, since ignoring him would give him an incentive to improve his behavior until I find him worthy of responding to. The same rationale applies to all other non-trolling explanations of his behavior.

The way I see it, ignoring him is a win-win strategy no matter what his motivation.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    He contradicts himself, states his assumptions as facts, and seems to expect everyone to agree with him apparently just because he's so sure of himself.
    Let's face it, we all contradict ourselves. Even the most logically logical IxTP contradicts him/herself.

I have a Gemini rising, so it's in my nature to contradict myself very much. (Yes, I do think astrology is worth believing if you actually look into it.)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    that I'm a cross dresser? Would he ignore me then?
    Yes.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    Oberon, does this mean that you disagree that he trolls? Or do you simply enjoy the novelty of a Muslim troll?
    Well, whether he trolls or not, I don't think he's an aberration. I suspect there are thousands (maybe hundreds of thousands) who think like he does, and therefore I watch and learn.

Whether he trolls is a separate question, and for the record I don't think he does. I think he's being straight with us.