MBTI
    INTJ

See how this works, y'all?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Why am I on your buddy list?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Why am I on your buddy list?
    We like to debate.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Sona View Post
    We like to debate.
    Hmmm, ooookaaaay. :rolli:

*slowly backs away from the thread*

This is getting a little creepy.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Hmmm, ooookaaaay. :rolli:

*slowly backs away from the thread*

This is getting a little creepy.
    Well you're the one contently liking to debate me. I mean Jesus we are even debating the fact that you like debating me.

MBTI
    INFP

I think part of the attraction of Sona is that it is actually quite rare to encounter a muslim who is open about the aspects of their faith which westerners find objectionable. There is the lure (for me, at least) to try to understand where they are coming from, since Islam is seen as a menacing force in the world atm. Having said that, I'm still completely in the dark, or I hope I am.

Oberon

I like having Sona around, personally, because I think he gives us a rare insight into another culture. Correct me if I'm wrong (Sahara), but I don't think Sona's attitudes are particularly unusual among, say, Pakistanis.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by oberon67 View Post
    I like having Sona around, personally, because I think he gives us a rare insight into another culture. Correct me if I'm wrong (Sahara), but I don't think Sona's attitudes are particularly unusual among, say, Pakistanis.
    No, you are correct, it's not unusual, and he is just as upfront about it as all the guys I grew up around too.

One has to consider too, that it's not so much pakistani culture, or even moroccan like mine was, it's islamic culture, and there really isn;t much difference.
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

I expend energy on him because sometimes I can't help myself. He represents so much that I despise in mankind.
    That's the problem, though. People who "can't help themselves" often write responses that seem about as badly thought through as the original post, and accomplish very little in terms of convincing the other person of the argument.

I guess the other point to take away is "Don't get emotionally involved in an argument" as it makes the argument less effective.

I did find the "Is it o.k. to touch a woman's breast" thread extremely funny, first, for the obvious debate tactic it was (That I've see used many, many times before.), and than for the "The back of the hand feels more pleasure" related pointless small details.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Am more influenced by African American hip-hop culture then anything else. However, am not your typical gangster thug. Am an educated gangster. I can match my wits with anyone form arts, sciences to literature.