User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    I

I'm ISTJ, I like cats more than dogs, even though I don't own either. Part of the reason is because everyone seems to like dogs, and it annoys me. Also, dogs are too energetic most of the time. I like to sit around, and not be bothered by another animal if I were to have a pet. Cats are more laid back, I like that more than a dog which always jumps on you.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Hmm. I like both. But then, the family dog is one that acts somewhat like a cat. (Right down to just staring at me when I call her to come inside. Just like a cat. "Oh yes, I heard you, I just don't want to. Ta-ta! *zoom*") And I do tend to like dogs that have an independent/intelligent streak in them. Never been a fan of the grovelling, needy, dumb-as-dirt dogs.

That said, I haven't had cats since I was about 10. I still like them, and apparently, they seem to not mind me or find me terribly threatening. Because I'm not. When I move out and get my own place, I will probably get a cat...but perhaps one that is a little like a dog and likes to play with me rather than watch me futilely try to play with it.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Poo on cats. Dogs are way better.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    When I move out and get my own place, I will probably get a cat...but perhaps one that is a little like a dog and likes to play with me rather than watch me futilely try to play with it.
    I've had several cats who loved playing fetch - including one that I swear taught my son the game rather than the other way around as she insisted on bringing back an apple core he was trying to discard until he finally caught on.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Lacey View Post
    Poo on cats. Dogs are way better.
    +1. i'm glad you jumped in with an alternative INxx point of view. Cats can't exactly help the blind or be a foreward assault deterrent leading to a minimal amount of potentially dangerous arrests.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    +1. i'm glad you jumped in with an alternative INxx point of view. Cats can't exactly help the blind or be a foreward assault deterrent leading to a minimal amount of potentially dangerous arrests.
    They could. But they seldom find it within themselves to give a damn.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by norepinephrine View Post
    They could. But they seldom find it within themselves to give a damn.
    You never met my cat. He would be useless leading the blind, at worst he would sit and laugh as they walked onto a busy street. At best he would lead them into a dead-end and leave.

But he would have been a pretty decent deterrent to violent criminals, at his heaviest he was around 28 pounds, and he could still jump to the top of any counter in the house. If he didn't like you he might leave you with a nice set of scars.

Just get a kitty cannon and catapult him at the perp. And watch the claws come out as he flies at the guys face. Even if he lost interest in midair, a 20 plus pound cat sailing at your head would be a bit of a distraction.

And all my cats play fetch.

And one wrestles our dog, an Australian Shepherd/Border Collie mix.

garbage

I love cats.

Tinkerbell. The most doglike cat on this planet.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    You never met my cat. He would be useless leading the blind, at worst he would sit and laugh as they walked onto a busy street. At best he would lead them into a dead-end and leave.
    I believe this falls under the heading of "seldom find it within themselves to give a damn". My oldest cat, I've often suspected, would be the first to start chanting "Jump...Jump" were he to spot someone teetering at the edge of a tall building.

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Just get a kitty cannon and catapult him at the perp. And watch the claws come out as he flies at the guys face. Even if he lost interest in midair, a 20 plus pound cat sailing at your head would be a bit of a distraction.
    Where does one find a decent kitty cannon these days? Every time I check Home Depot, they're out of stock.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I don't have a cat now....but I loves them. I had a very strong bond with the last cat I had - he was lovely. Except when he woke me 10 minutes before my alarm was due to go off in the mornings. Actually he was more reliable.
    I like dogs too....but they are more needy. I love the way Cats just decide you are thiers.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]