MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I like cats. I am an extrovert.

People who are more like dogs like dogs. People who are more like cats like cats. Dogs are fine, but they're also goofy, dirty, indiscriminate and needy. When a cat likes you it means something. When a dog likes you, it doesn't really mean anything.
    Perfect.

I have never had a cat that was anything but 100 percent devoted. My cat won't come to anybody else or let anybody else touch her, but she will get up out of a dead sleep and come to me if I say her name once. I've never had an aloof, distant, fickle cat. I really don't understand it that people think that way about cats.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    Perfect.

I have never had a cat that was anything but 100 percent devoted. My cat won't come to anybody else or let anybody else touch her, but she will get up out of a dead sleep and come to me if I say her name once. I've never had an aloof, distant, fickle cat. I really don't understand it that people think that way about cats.
    Agreed. Cats are just choosy. They have taste. A cat, for example, would rarely eat something disgusting. A dog, almost every time. Cats can be aloof, but it's more just that discrimination, I think. They don't generally like loud, obnoxious people.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Lexicon View Post
    Your chronic misuse of homophones is an assault to my senses, sir.
    You no, (and bear with me four a second) you should be more excepting and knot so adverse two the hole homophobe issue. Your allusion of perfection and attempt too insure other our at you're standard. I'm attempting two diffuse the situation because whose made you the grammar police!

Your really mean witch hurt but live is still fare. Or at least better then being stabbed with a knive.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    Those who like to date self-sufficient, aloof types like cats and those who like dogs prefer more engaged types for relationships. Thoughts? (I like the idea of cats, though have never had a pet, I don't know what that correlates with. )
    This could be true. I do prefer more engaging types for relationships. If I can't discuss, play, and enjoy myself with someone then there is no relationship.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by TucsonENTP View Post
    You no, (and bear with me four a second) you should be more excepting and knot so adverse two the hole homophobe issue. Your allusion of perfection and attempt too insure other our at you're standard. I'm attempting two diffuse the situation because whose made you the grammar police!

Your really mean witch hurt but live is still fare. Or at least better then being stabbed with a knive.
    Nice!

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Ashley View Post
    This could be true. I do prefer more engaging types for relationships. If I can't discuss, play, and enjoy myself with someone then there is no relationship.
    Does this mean you like dogs?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Dogs have owners, cats have servants.

Sadly, a cat will just watch from a distance as you're brutally murdered and the only help it would offer is licking up your blood after.

A dog will die trying to protect you.

I'm a fan of loyalty, I wouldn't wanna date a cat, they're the whores of the animal word, they don't care about you, only themselves. I wouldn't wanna date a dog either, they're pushovers.

I personally have a dog but only for the reason offered and area I live (Very rural, a lot of dogs running around). If I lived in another spot I would be pet free.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Does this mean you like dogs?
    I don't like big dogs, or loud and obnoxious dogs. I prefer smaller ones, like the Papillon or Japanese Chin.

MBTI
    ENTP

Sadly, a cat will just watch from a distance as you're brutally murdered and the only help it would offer is licking up your blood after.

Think about what you said. A dog will die trying to protect you. They will die trying. Also, I don't think this is necessarily true and I doubt a dog even knows much what it's really doing aside from acting on instinct, which makes their contribution pretty meaningless IMO. Unless the cat had a good chance of protecting you, the smart play is to refrain from stepping in. There's a reason pet cats are so small. Once cats get beyond a certain size, they don't play so well at being pets, just killers. There's something respectable in that.

I'm a fan of loyalty, I wouldn't wanna date a cat, they're the whores of the animal word, they don't care about you, only themselves. I wouldn't wanna date a dog either, they're pushovers.
    Dogs lack ego. Therefore, loyalty is a foreign concept we project onto them. What they are is social animals, pack animals. They lack a concept of individual self-hood, so protecting their pack members is merely self-interested social instinct. This is, incidentally, why they go crazy when you leave them alone. Maybe they are indeed the extroverts of the animal kingdom.

I personally have a dog but only for the reason offered and area I live (Very rural, a lot of dogs running around). If I lived in another spot I would be pet free.
    Yea, I probably would have a dog in a rural area, as well. Seems like a cheap crime deterrent. Nothing like a nice big barking dog to make people think twice.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

+1. And i do appreciate Cambodian immigrants. Thier back alley dining establishments serve only the finest cuisine to be found on earth. Sorry INxx. They also incorporate garlic very well.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?