User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    INxJ

I really liked cats when I was younger. Nonetheless, all pets (aside from plants) are too high maintenance for me these days.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by 01011010 View Post
    I really liked cats when I was younger. Nonetheless, all pets (aside from plants) are too high maintenance for me these days.
    Cats are, in my experience, easier to keep alive than houseplants. Cats will smack you 'cross the face if you fail to provide the essentials. Houseplants simply wither and die.
    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    It's not a zero sum game. You're still a dork.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    But as long as we remember we are projecting our consciousness onto pets, they can be a lot of fun.
    Just as we project our consciousness onto Internet forums?

We always had 20-30 cats on the farm. I enjoyed taming the kittens even though the moms would try to hide them 20 feet up a tree or in a hole under the bunkhouse. Pesky momma cats!

Now, I just have one cat. She is a handful, with many tricks. It's not that I don't also like dogs, but the city is no place for a dog. (And my yard is no place for your city dog poop! :steam: )
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by norepinephrine View Post
    Cats are, in my experience, easier to keep alive than houseplants. Cats will smack you 'cross the face if you fail to provide the essentials. Houseplants simply wither and die.
    If one has a cat, one best love to clean up puke.

All my cats are always such high maintenance, sensitive stomachs, allergic skin, diabetes, hyperthyroidism, neurosis.

MBTI
    INxJ

Plants only need water and sunlight. Cats require remembering to feed/water, and cleaning up a disgusting litter box. They occasionally require attention and toys. Plus, they walk around the house and put hair on things. Scratch or tear things up. A plant just sits there, immobile.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    If one has a cat, one best love to clean up puke.

All my cats are always such high maintenance, sensitive stomachs, allergic skin, diabetes, hyperthyroidism, neurosis.
    One must be capable of cleaning up the occasional regurgitation. Gagging, depending on the circumstance, is optional.

FWIW, I've yet to met a cat that wasn't neurotic in one way or another. Comes with the territory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    It's not a zero sum game. You're still a dork.

heart on fire

One must be capable of cleaning up the occasional regurgitation. Gagging, depending on the circumstance, is optional.

FWIW, I've yet to met a cat that wasn't neurotic in one way or another. Comes with the territory.
    One of the biggest issues with my cat is she can't make it through the night without needing reassurance. She comes and sniffs my face, wakes me up and in order to get any sleep I have to let her under the covers and hold her. Sometimes this is not enough and she keeps wants to repeat the whole experience.

On the flip side, she's the sweetest cat who ever lived with me and she's a great morale boaster.

Clumping litter makes the catbox issue really simple though. I don't even consider it gross, just if I pass by it and it has a clump, I scoop it out.

Banned

This whole cat thing eludes me completely. Why would anyone, IN or not, want to own a creature that will never feed itself or be potty-trained in any real sense?? Cats are just overgrown bitchy rats that stink up the house and destroy the furniture. Not that I want either, but at least a dog will protect you and seems to happy to see you when you come home.

I'll stick with bipeds folks...

MBTI
    ENTP

I can't fucking stand cats.

Everyone I've seen with a cat loves the thing to death and calls it pet names, all while the cat is wreaking havoc on the house and seemingly not giving two shits about its owner. The only redeeming thing about a cat is that they look nice, and I'd rather buy a picture.

Do yourself and everyone who has to deal with your live merchandise a favor and buy a dog

Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    Cats are just overgrown bitchy rats that stink up the house and destroy the furniture. .
    TRUTH.
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.

Quote Originally Posted by speculative View Post
    Just as we project our consciousness onto Internet forums?
    Quite so.

And when I am highly emotional, I find I am projecting my feelings onto you.

However the feelings I project onto you are those that haven't yet reached my consciousness.

And my unconscious feelings want to be expressed so much they sidestep my blocking conscious mind

And having sidestepped my conscious mind, thay look for another conscious mind. And that conscious mind is yours. So I project my unconscious emotions into your conscious mind.

I hardly need to tell you that this is unfair. But of course it is unconscious.

So of course you do a service for me by allowing me to project my unconscious feelings onto you.

However the most important part is realising when I have projected my feelings onto you.

At that moment my unconscious becomes conscious and I can take responsibility for myself.