Thread: Freudian Slips

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Still are. Was "Freudian slip" actually coined by Freud? i honestly don't know. i do encounter these slips by others at least once a month. i do not know my own frequency of these slips though. Could be Fe denial.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    Still are. Was "Freudian slip" actually coined by Freud? i honestly don't know. i do encounter these slips by others at least once a month. i do not know my own frequency of these slips though. Could be Fe denial.
    No, he called it parapraxis.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Just checked this out. A parapraxis could come from an acute form of dyslexia common to all sexy people. Hope i didn't just spew a bunch of crap that everyone allready knew.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    Just checked this out. A parapraxis could come from an acute form of dyslexia common to all sexy people. Hope i didn't just spew a bunch of crap that everyone allready knew.
    A man arrives at work with a smile on his face. His officemate asks him why he's so happy and he tells him that he has a freudian slip early that morning.

"Freudian slip?" asks his friend.

"Yeah. I said what I was thinking and not what I meant to say. I was in the deli this morning, the checkout girl was very helpful but she had large breasts - so on leaving, I meant to say, 'all the best,' but said 'all the BREAST' by accident. See? Freudian slip. Oh how we laughed..."

The following morning his friend comes in to the office and says: "I had one of your freudian slips this morning. I was sitting with my wife having breakfast, when she asked me for the sugar. I meant to say, 'here you go dear', but instead, I said, 'fuck off you wench, you ruined my life.'"

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    I know he was weird, but for the time, his insights were very brilliant. There was no concept or the subconscious until Freud came on the scene.
    You are only saying that because he was Jewish.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    ...for the time, his insights were very brilliant. There was no concept or the subconscious until Freud came on the scene.
    Yes, although it's popular to denigrate Sigmund Freud, we all use the language he invented.

And one might well think that they protest too much.

And it is hard not to think that such popular denigration is a sign of psychological resistance - a psychological defence against knowing who we are.

And perhaps it is confirmation of the very ideas they are resisting. As, "resistance", features prominently in Sigmund Freud's lexicon.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    And it is hard not to think that such popular denigration is a sign of psychological resistance
    It's also hard not to think of popular denigration as evidence that some of the ideas just plain sucked.

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

Falcarius once accidentally called a friend of his a "Nazi" instead of her name "Nancy". He started calling her "Rapunzel" from then on, so he will never do it again and hence be much less likely to get clobbered over the head with a handbag.

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    For some odd reason, whenever I want to say the name of a girl I'm attracted to, I keep saying the name of the previous girl I was with. And whenever I want to actually say her name, I say the name of the girl I'm currently attracted to.

Yeah I'm confused too.
    Falcarius The Dinosaur knows someone else who is known to do that on occasion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

I remember playing amemory game with a bunch of people and everyone had to name animals and you had to say the name of the animals previously mentioned and then add a new one and so forth- anyway

the guy next to me was bald- and one of the animals I needed to recite was eagle- but while looking at him I said Bald eagle-and of course since I added bald while looking at him- it was pretty obvious I was noticing and making a note of that in my mind and made him feel really self conscious-

ohhh I felt so bad.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

I think the WORST unconscious Freudy slip I ever made?

I dated a guy, whom to my surprise, had a metrosexual mag on his table.

After he told me that his parents questioned whether or not he was gay, I was starting to wonder too! (Due to a few of his unconscious hand gestures- may be just a very femme dude)

In a convo, I asked him, "Blah Blah.. so how'dya know she'd make a good boyfriend?"

Homeboy got so pissed. Laughed it off.. Hmm..