User Tag List

First 123 Last

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

i dont understand - why is being 15 minutse too early inconvenient? because your friend was lazy and didn't clean up the shitter ahead of time?

obviously being late can cause more harm/damage

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ISTj

Sin is defined as any action/activity that disobeys God.

So, I theorize that if God says to be there at 6:00 PM, and you aren't -- it would be sin. Of course, this is just an example. If you disobey a person, this isn't necessarily sin -- it's just inconsiderate.

If the person in question is an authority figure or someone above you, the Bible teaches that you are to follow the laws of the land (for example, in the case of a job) and do as you're told. (continuing example, be on time for work.)

Personally, I'm almost always early. (Usually by a margin of 3 to 7 minutes.)

Always remember to flank your enemies. History won't remember how dramatic your failed frontal assault looked. - Dragon Age: Origins

To work? Late, obviously, because then you have to "hear about it" from a "superior" -- annoying! Haha...

To a friend's? Early, because you don't want to annoy them while they are trying to get ready.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkingAboutIt View Post
    Ummm, yeah, I did that once to my sister and the next time she left without me.
    Nice, although if you were an hour late it's not unreasonable for her to assume you didn't care that much about going. She should have warned you that she'd leave if you weren't there by a certain time, though.

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    i dont understand - why is being 15 minutse too early inconvenient? because your friend was lazy and didn't clean up the shitter ahead of time?

obviously being late can cause more harm/damage
    See, I think that being 15 minutes early is disrespecting someone's time as much as being 15 minutes late.

Why must it be laziness? I'm cleaning the shitter either way, and that 15 minutes before we are scheduled to meet is still my time. Although I personally wouldn't wait that long to clean something of such hygienic importance.

I will give you that 15 minutes late is time that cannot be regained, though, and can really put the crunch on a tight schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    To work? Late, obviously, because then you have to "hear about it" from a "superior" -- annoying! Haha...

To a friend's? Early, because you don't want to annoy them while they are trying to get ready.
    A good summary.

Although in some cases being too early isn't great either. When I had to do interviews, sometimes someone would show up 30+ minutes early, and to me that was just as inconvenient as someone showing up 15 minutes late. Although I did forgive 30 minutes early more than 15 late.

heart on fire

Socially it's insensitive to arrive too early. Later than 15 min is bad, but being 15 late is better than 15 min early.

If it's a work related thing, be early. (They have waiting rooms or at least they do if they are professional)

Once we were renting our house out and the guy who was going to be handling the renting business made an appointment to come by. He came 30 whole minutes early and at the time I thought this guy has no discernment. But I shurgged it off. To my regret, the guy had no discernment and working with him became a horror story of stress.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Showing up 15 minutes late? Or showing up 15 minutes early?

Why?
    Either one, if you make a nuisance of yourself. If someone is trying to get ready for something that isn't supposed to start for 15 minutes and then you show up, that may hinder them from preparing. Or, you may sit & wait quietly in the corner and be of no hindrance whatsoever. If someone has started something and you're 15 minutes late, your absence may have no relevance to their starting point and you may or may not be able to enter the event 15 minutes late with no harmful impact to the group or person running the event or get-together. So, for me this would be on a case-by-case basis.
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

MBTI
    INTj

If someone was coming over to my apartment, and they were early, I would be pretty annoyed. I don't like not being prepared to meet people. What if I was drying my hair or throwing all of my dirty clothes into the closet?

If they are late, it just gives me more time to prepare and down a couple of shots.

deleted

Being too early is a little annoying, but being late is just upsetting. It ruins the whole premise of staying busy with something you want to do.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Being late. It doesn't matter if you're a J or a P. If you're late, and you've commited yourself and others to be there on time, then it's just disrepectful. I do my very best to be on time, and I usually am, which is rare, because I am a very strong P, but I do commit to being respectful, because I understand it's just inconvenient.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

It really depends. If you're 15 minutes early OR late to some things, like interviews, you can be seen as either over-eager or a burden, depending on the interviewer. In other circumstances, such as among friends, 15 minutes isn't usually a HUGE deal. Unless it's a wedding or a funeral or something like that. In that case 15 minutes early is much better.
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

Fonewearl and proud of it!

I (85%) - N (80%) - F (35%) - P (90%)
    O: 94% C: 18% E: 21% A: 94% N: 38%
    9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)