MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Default Insight-enhancing Drugs

There are two kinds of drug users in this world:
    Those who do it to become intoxicated
    &
    Those who do it to gain insight.

In this thread, I'm not going to adress any one single general question, but rather just have discussions, mainly about marijuana, and about certain member's opinions towards this.

I read on another forum about how certain people use marijuana soully for the mind-effect, and the insight and "centered" feeling it brings. This really appealed to me.

The Indian's smoked marijuan before losing themselves in trances, visions, meditation, and rituals. Hindu and Buddhist monks used marijuana as a way of achieving a sense of whole-ness; being.

Many of the world's most finest visionaries, seers, sages, holy figures, and icons engaged in this drug.

So I know this is a bit scattered, but does anyone have anything to offer? I'm very tempted.

Discuss.

edit: I now realize that this would have better fit in the Bonfire. So if any admis agree, than feel free to move this.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Marijuana is such a great drug, I use it for the 2 above reasons but mostly the first. The insight or feeling you get when you use the drug can be quite intense, depending on how good the stuff you get. Sometimes when i smoke a lot or kief and/or hash i become almost like an INFP, and i'm a lot more in touch with people's feeling's and I consider them all the time. This is a weird experience and I actually really enjoy it a lot, it gives me more of a connection with my friends and those i'm with.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    infp

you haven't tried it?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by whimsical View Post
    you haven't tried it?
    No, not really. I took some resin, but it wasn't anything.

I don't hang out with the kids that started smoking marijuana a few years ago. Me and my friends are kind of catching the tale end of it..we're the 'smarter' students, if that makes sense, and are just realizing it's effects, and how you don't have to be a dopey druggy to use them.

I think soon, though. One of my friends has been using it for almost 2 years, and for insight. That's why I posted this thread, he's become really in touch with his intuition, and nature. I'm hanging out with him on Friday, for the first time in a long time, I bet we'll do it. I just hate the fact of using it in a social occasion..at this point, I'd only use it because I desire it's psychological effects.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    infp

well it does have a few effects that are better when you socialize, for example you will be extremely giggly and it's very funny when you have someone there who can make you laugh and laugh with you, crack funny jokes and whatnot

it's relaxing, calming, it's a nice experience to share with a friend
    you can still have insights with friends

what grade are you in? I was a late bloomer too when it comes to trying weed

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Woah what grade are you both in, i started using it at the young age of 12.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Incidentally, I believe that I am a dominant Ti user, and I often have trouble explaining things that I understand well. It's a matter of organizing the presentation of material. I can have it perfectly organized in my head all at once, but structuring the sequential delivery of material so that others understand is a different matter entirely, and requires a different skill set that I am apparently lacking.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    infp

Yeah I started in grade 11, I was 17

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

well it does have a few effects that are better when you socialize, for example you will be extremely giggly and it's very funny when you have someone there who can make you laugh and laugh with you, crack funny jokes and whatnot

it's relaxing, calming, it's a nice experience to share with a friend
    you can still have insights with friends

yeah, I'm more of the type of person to do it alone, or with a few close friends..and just chill out and put on some good music, or walk outdoors.

I'm only in 10th grade. A lot of the 'popular' kids started in like 8th grade, but I hang with a different crowd, so we're approaching it differently, in a cooler way. I used to be wicked opposed to it, but the more and more I was exposed, and finding out a lot of my older freinds were into it, I am drawn to it. I've done a bit of studying about it, though..I'd rather be smart when approaching it, so nothing stupid happens.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by deepthought View Post
    Woah what grade are you both in, i started using it at the young age of 12.
    You probably went to a school with more than 450 kids in it. I live in a small town, but does have 2 colleges in it, so that probably has something to do with it.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    yeah, I'm more of the type of person to do it alone, or with a few close friends..and just chill out and put on some good music, or walk outdoors.

I'm only in 10th grade. A lot of the 'popular' kids started in like 8th grade, but I hang with a different crowd, so we're approaching it differently, in a cooler way. I used to be wicked opposed to it, but the more and more I was exposed, and finding out a lot of my older freinds were into it, I am drawn to it. I've done a bit of studying about it, though..I'd rather be smart when approaching it, so nothing stupid happens.
    I was the exact same in my stances towards it.

I tried it and fell in love pretty much. Been smoking for almost 3 years now.