User Tag List

First 567

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by foolish heart View Post
    IME it's pretty much worthless as far as developing yourself or creating peace or any bullshit like that. It just makes you feel relaxed and indiscriminatingly positive. Stupid movies becomes hilarious, eating food and other sensory experiences are better, etc. You might feel more philosophical but that's because you're relaxed and forming positive association with all of your ideas, which is why high people come up with so many stupid ideas that they think are genius. Same goes for other people, you don't suddenly learn to like other people more, you just feel good and happen to be around other people at the time so the false positive associations you'll be making may be focused on the people youre with.

Personally I could have done without smoking marijuana. Although it is certainly not "dangerous" (considering the strength of prescription meds) I would say it is a negative thing to do in a total cost/benefit analysis, providing no positive lasting effects but still costing you time and money which could be applied more productively. If you're curious my advice would be to try it once for the experience and move on. If you want insight, go read a book, drugs and alcohol wont do anything.
    Even if you can see how it really works or you cant use it properly, it doesent mean that it does work only like you say.

You know why stupid movies can be hilarious when your high? Because your brains starts mimicking schizophrenic brains when you get high. People got these "stoppers" in their brains that stop unconscious thoughts before they go too far out. Schizophrenics have malfunction with these "stoppers" and their thoughts are taken way too far away and therefore coming to conscious as unrealistic. How far away these stoppers let the thought go is also heavily associated with creativity. Weed (and other psychedelics) lets unconscious thoughts go thru some of these stoppers(weed less than other psychedelics like lsd etc), this is why weed makes you think differently and making you more creative, more philosophical, you find things funny things where you normally wouldnt etc. This is also why psychedelic drugs can trigger schizophrenia (and other mental problems associated with this system) if you already have tendency to get a malfunction with this system.

Psychedelics are good for therapy because of this because it allows people to think things from a different perspective(by allowing them to use functions that they wouldnt normally use).

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Believing you found great insight and actually achieving great insight are two entirely different things.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by perfectgirl View Post
    Based on what I'm hearing here, if marijuana is changing your perception, then it's altering your brains normal functioning. I call that a "crutch". People who rely on crutches, don't typically get very far in life.
    Oh, I love people like this! They label and label and label so that what they're talking about is so far-removed from reality that they sound like an idiot!

MBTI
    ISFJ

Based on what I'm hearing here, if marijuana is changing your perception, then it's altering your brains normal functioning. I call that a "crutch". People who rely on crutches, don't typically get very far in life.
    If by far you mean earning money to buy a Mustang...maybe you're right.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Believing you found great insight and actually achieving great insight are two entirely different things.
    totally, I've heard some amazingly stupid "insights" from people who were high... and they thought they were so profound
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    INFP

This isn't about the law. I don't smoke cigarettes either.

My reasoning is simple:
    It's not essential to my survival (air, water, food). I like being the unaltered "me". I like breathing fresh, smoke free air. My Mustang GT is the only high I need... I can't imagine there being being any greater illegal high than hearing the primal growl of my stang roaring down the highway at ungodly speeds.

Innocence is bliss...
    Alright, I know I'm going to blow your mind with this observation, but driving a Mustang contributes to the pollution of fresh air as well.

Ignorance is bliss. So I would keep your thoughts on this matter to yourself lest you pop that little bubble your braincells are suffocating inside of.

I'm no neurological expert or chemist, but I think weed doesn't really work in the mindblowing insightful way I thought this thread had in mind.

I've done many drugs, except smoke crack, do peyote, or shoot heroin.. and give or take a few other crazy things too... That said, spending time all alone (this is important) with LSD or shrooms will start making you "intuit" shit on an insane, and more than likely, very unhealthy level.. but I guarantee you won't be the same.. and might even have gained some insight, so long as you don't overdo it.

I would rather recommend you don't do drugs though. I'd like to scare people out of it, maybe bitchslap them, but I'm on the internet, so I'm not sure how.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Alcohol usually works with me, but it always has these nasty side effects, like paranoia, tiredness and extreme quietness. I guess I'm the drunkest when I'm sober.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Oh yea i totally forgot that Jung used psychedelic drugs at(least) some part of his life and im pretty sure it has ALOT to do with this whole typology thing.

This isnt the only one where he is referring to psychedelics:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/20/ma...ewanted=2&_r=1
    He later would compare this period of his life — this “confrontation with the unconscious,” as he called it — to a mescaline experiment. He described his visions as coming in an “incessant stream.” He likened them to rocks falling on his head, to thunderstorms, to molten lava. “I often had to cling to the table,” he recalled, “so as not to fall apart.”

Had he been a psychiatric patient, Jung might well have been told he had a nervous disorder and encouraged to ignore the circus going on in his head. But as a psychiatrist, and one with a decidedly maverick streak, he tried instead to tear down the wall between his rational self and his psyche. For about six years, Jung worked to prevent his conscious mind from blocking out what his unconscious mind wanted to show him. Between appointments with patients, after dinner with his wife and children, whenever there was a spare hour or two, Jung sat in a book-lined office on the second floor of his home and actually induced hallucinations — what he called “active imaginations.” “In order to grasp the fantasies which were stirring in me ‘underground,’ ” Jung wrote later in his book “Memories, Dreams, Reflections,” “I knew that I had to let myself plummet down into them.” He found himself in a liminal place, as full of creative abundance as it was of potential ruin, believing it to be the same borderlands traveled by both lunatics and great artists.
    the bolded part most likely refers to dmt

Dimethyltryptamine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Inhalation

A standard dose for smoked DMT is between 15–60 mg. This is generally smoked in a few successive breaths. The effects last for a short period of time, usually 5 to 15 minutes, dependent on the dose. The onset after inhalation is very fast (less than 45 seconds) and peak effects are reached within a minute. In the 1960s, some reportedly referred to DMT as "the businessman's trip"[29] because of the relatively short duration of vaporized, insufflated, or injected DMT
    dmt is probably the best hallucinogen for this kind of research, because its naturally occurring psychedelic in humans, animals and many many many plants.

Also found this:

CSP - '50 Years of LSD: Current Status and Perspectives of Hallucinogens' by A. Pletscher and D. Ladewig
    The term "the establishment" pervasively denotes the opponent in the resulting conflicts over sociocultural legitimation and over the proper ways of dealing with areas of alterity such as the dream, the drug, and madness. If traditional western civilization had, by and large, established hard solutions, policing all three areas through marginalization and/or suppression — with the dream being designated as not real, drugs being banned, and madness put away — aesthetic modernists, listening well to Freud and Jung, tended to centralize the dream as an approach to the real, to experiment with drugs, and to explore madness. As a secular movement, it could not give these phenomena the full religious sanction they have in many Native American cultures, for example, but it did at least designate them as spiritual or spiritually relevant, and opposed them to the prevalent materialism of "the establishment". (Freedman, quoting William James, reminds us of the coincidental emergence of the modernist concern with alternative realities and the scientific exploration of those outskirts of the mind where religious and drug-induced experiences take place.)