User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Oddly enough the DEA's own administrative judge Francis Young had this to say "Marijuana, in it's natural form, is one of the safest therapeutically active substances known to man. By any measure of rational analysis cannabis can be safely used with a supervised routine of medical care."(Here's the link for all you non-believers) Medical Marijuana Keystone Document
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Incidentally, I believe that I am a dominant Ti user, and I often have trouble explaining things that I understand well. It's a matter of organizing the presentation of material. I can have it perfectly organized in my head all at once, but structuring the sequential delivery of material so that others understand is a different matter entirely, and requires a different skill set that I am apparently lacking.

Riva

i highly doubt that drugs could enhance your insight. i think when you need more insight and you don't get any some people will use drugs in hope that they'll gain some insight. but what really happens is you temporarily run away from your fears. and yes yes you might get some insight sooner or later but that had nothing to do with the drug. the drug just got you through the stage of fear without actually making you realize it.

You can gain tons of insight by drug use, just don't abuse it . I like what Graham Hancock says about Shamans usage of drugs as a tool, shamans feel that they have a mission to the West, they feel that the West has become a sick and dangerous creature, they see the evidence of this in the on going destruciton of the rainforest, they understand the reason for this.

Check out this interview:

YouTube - Shamanism Aliens & Ayahuasca : Graham Hancock Pt.1

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

imo indians didnt smoke weed(if you are talking about native americans instead of people living in india), or atleast much of it and it wasnt major part of the ceremonies. Native americans used dmt, morning glory seeds, mescaline, shrooms and other much more potent psychoactive plants than cannabis in their ceremonies. With those peace pipes they smoked tobacco and maybe some other plants with similar small effects, not cannabis.

There are other kind of users than those who gain insight and those who want to get intoxicated, personally i use cannabis for both. But usually if i use cannabis to get intoxicated i use it with alcohol, because it just doesent make me that intoxicated by itself.

I have noticed that the insight that cannabis offers is because your functions start working differently and weaker functions are more able to perform. I used to have really crappy Fi before i started smoking cannabis, but after smoking more often for long period of time and using my Fi, i was able to develope it. But even tho i have trained it and can use it, i wont use it easily because i got bigger urge to use Fe, even tho its weaker(weird huh?). Its also nice if i got something bad going on in my life that i find hard to process normally, i can process it easier if i think about it stoned(even if it would be just a one time thinking about it stoned, it kinda gets my mind on the right tracks that i can continue when im sober(i think it would be a bad idea to process these kind of things oly when stoned)). Like for example when my 14 year old cousins daughter killed herself last december. It felt like i just dont know what to do, i tried to reason it and felt all these emotions pouring inside that i couldnt let out to conscious even when i was by myself, i had other problems on my mind at the time and i felt really bad for not being able to feel her death properly because of this other thing. Later the day i smoked weed i was able to cry for her, because all these emotions i had pouring inside came to the surface and i was able to start processing them bit better.

Its also nice to smoke weed just for fun, if you are all alone in home or if you are with your friends doing anything. It kinda enhances what ever mood you are in at the moment. Also it gives more room for creativity, in my case finding new interesting angles to take photos and/or do more creative post processing to photos i have taken.

yeah, i credit my high Ni to all that time spent with dipshits and cokewhores.

just remember jim's words:

Ride the snake. We're all on the snake together. If you show fear, the snake will destroy you. But if you trust the snake, he'll take us to the lake. Ride the snake.

it's true though. and no one can do it for long without it biting you in the ass. people love to believe in their own bullshit, think they're invincible, take it all too lightly, but next thing you know, he turns on you.

i'm not sure if i'm being facetious or not. personally, i think people can get a lot of insight just by going out more. i never needed to see that damn lake. i regret it. i could have walked to a real one.

MBTI
    INFP

Pot will enhance your insightfulness regardless of why you set out to get high.

At least for me. When I started smoking pot, it was to get high. Now, if I do it, it is for the way it makes me think and pick up on/experience the stimuli in my surroundings.

MBTI
    ISTP

IME it's pretty much worthless as far as developing yourself or creating peace or any bullshit like that. It just makes you feel relaxed and indiscriminatingly positive. Stupid movies becomes hilarious, eating food and other sensory experiences are better, etc. You might feel more philosophical but that's because you're relaxed and forming positive association with all of your ideas, which is why high people come up with so many stupid ideas that they think are genius. Same goes for other people, you don't suddenly learn to like other people more, you just feel good and happen to be around other people at the time so the false positive associations you'll be making may be focused on the people youre with.

Personally I could have done without smoking marijuana. Although it is certainly not "dangerous" (considering the strength of prescription meds) I would say it is a negative thing to do in a total cost/benefit analysis, providing no positive lasting effects but still costing you time and money which could be applied more productively. If you're curious my advice would be to try it once for the experience and move on. If you want insight, go read a book, drugs and alcohol wont do anything.

[youtube=zYAjST19-u0]Legalize It, Dubstep version by 6blocc[/youtube]

SICK Bass line....

Quote Originally Posted by perfectgirl View Post
    Based on what I'm hearing here, if marijuana is changing your perception, then it's altering your brains normal functioning. I call that a "crutch". People who rely on crutches, don't typically get very far in life.
    Everyone smokes ganga...doctors, lawyers, even the president of the United States (well previous ones anyway)!

Do you know why it is illegal? Politcs, Money, & Corporations....

Not everyone who smokes is an idiot.

Erowid Cannabis Vault : Article - "The Truth About Marijuana"

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

I don't think there's a significant correlation, positive or negative, between cannabis use and mental prowess.
    Go to sleep, iguana.