User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by whimsical View Post
    I was the exact same in my stances towards it.

I tried it and fell in love pretty much. Been smoking for almost 3 years now.
    I'm just worried it will explode into something I don't want it to be. I mean..one day it's marijauan, the next day it could be bigger and better drugs...then I'm a pack a day smoker, than I'm an alcoholic.

I'm not after running into a whole bunch of problems.

I probably would use it regularly, though. As the native american's did, to build an awareness, to gain some enlightenment.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    infp

It's a good thing to do. It doesn't however make you start using other drugs. That is all on you.

You may try it and like the experience so much that you start experimenting with other things just to see what their "highs" are like. I've done a bit of this myself.

Either way no it's not going to make other problems start up unless you purposely make them.

MBTI
    NeXx
    Socionics
    IeE

I think using drugs is just like having Ne as your dominant
    "Adversity makes men, and prosperity makes monsters"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by IEE623 View Post
    I think using drugs is just like having Ne as your dominant
    That's what's motivating me so strongly

need-to-feed-the-Ne!!!!
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    NeXx
    Socionics
    IeE

I seriously think that the effect of drugs is to "re-route" the way your brain normally works. People claims that when they use drugs, they gain better insight and everything around them is so vivid and real, they have better interactions and self-confidence, etc.. If you actually observe those behaviors, they're very similar to ENFP's trademarks lol

According a research, top 4 among the population of gifted students were:

1. ENFP 15% (Ne dominant)
    2. ENTP 11% (Ne dominant)
    3. INTP 12% (Ne auxiliary)
    4. INFP 10% (Ne auxiliary)
    The next four in the line have Ni as either dominant or auxiliary function.
    Original link

What I am heading to is there is a possibility that Ne is the desired state of mind.

Having Ne seriously makes me always feel all the possibilities around me, my consciousness is most of the time vivid. When I'm not under any stressful situation, I feel like I'm "high" all the time (a healthy ENFP lol). But when I'm stressed, it's like other parts of the brains kick in and interfere with the way I see and think about things. Drugs help you "optimize" and keep, or stabilize that state.
    I think there is a chance that people with other functions, when using drugs, tend to get in to the state of Ne as well.

That was just a raw thought of mine. A subjective view. No controversy intended.
    "Adversity makes men, and prosperity makes monsters"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

A lil pot never hurt anybody, but just let me get this out of my system and then back to your regularly scheduled program:
    1. Pot smoke is very hard on your lungs. Worse than cigarettes.
    2. The police still have zero tolerance in most cases. Realize what you're doing is illegal and don't do it in public, and only around trusted friends. Don't carry it.
    3. Sometimes pot revelations are not so spiritual. Like, you think you're having this stunning epiphany and you write it down, only to wake up and read "This room smells funny."
    4. It's expensive.
    5. Don't let it become a habit.
    6. If it makes you sick or paranoid, stop.

Right, carry on.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

7. Don't think "well, my parents told me pot was bad, and I like it, so I wonder what other drugs they were lying about." Wrong attitude.
    8. Don't fall for the "it's not addictive" bullshit. Cocaine isn't physiologically addictive either, but you don't hear people using that argument for it. Both Coke and Pot have psychological addiction, which is just as "hooking"
    9. Don't do pot brownies or weed tea, it's a waste of pot.
    10. Consult me for advice on how to stop smoking for good, if that's ever your goal.

Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Weed is cool, I guess. I started smoking in 8th grade; it got really heavy in 11th grade through junior year of college. I've been on and off since then.

In terms of mind effects, though...after a while, it just becomes baseline. I never got insight when I was smoking a lot (about 5 eighths a week).

Since the mind effects went away, I eventually got interested in hallucinogens...did a bunch of mushrooms/acid for the first few years of college. I did gain some insight, but the last 60 or 70 trips were pretty worthless in the long term.

Anyway, drugs....fun, but easy to overuse.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I used to smoke in college and I did it mainly because it brought about new ways of thinking about things. I had to quit because it started to really fuck with my moods. I now smoke once a while for the insight. It's pretty incredible and I tend to fill out entire notepads with ideas, mostly about psychology, reality, and my own life. I keep all of these with my journals and I like to read them over now and then. The insight, IMO, is pretty sharp. I still get slightly depressed and stupid for the next week or so, so I only smoke a few times a year.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Well thanks for your advice. When I think about it, it's not something I will want to be doing frequently, I guess. You guys are right, there are a lot of problems proposed by using it frequently, so I guess a few times. I feel like I might be overestimating it's power, in a sense, but whatever, I'll find out.

Thanks guys.