INFP

:sad:

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I wanted to tell you that my husband died in my arms tonight of a heart attack. He was only 50. Just when I was beginning to think we'd grow old together, too.

I'm posting this here so you can leave a message if you want... electronic hugs and such...

Of course I'm still in shock... and I wish it was all a dream.
    I've never held a full-time job. I have no idea how I will survive financially...
    but I do have some people I can trust to help me... so that's good.

I met Andy on July 3 1980. I knew he was the man of my dreams the next morning.
    We were married 2 years later. He was a hard worker, a faithful husband and a good father.
    We had 3 beautiful children together.
    :sad: wow I'm so sorry to hear such saddening news.
    I wish all the emoticons would make you feel better but unfortunatly most likely not.
    I wish i could send you a real hug *Hugs intjmom*
    Sincerely,
    Dots.
    What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...
    (Carl Jung, Psychological Types, Chapter XI - Definitions)

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Duchessoftheshadows View Post
    :sad: wow I'm so sorry to hear such saddening news.
    I wish all the emoticons would make you feel better but unfortunatly most likely not.
    I wish i could send you a real hug *Hugs intjmom*
    Sincerely,
    Dots.
    Thank you for the hugs.
    I appreciate your love and care.

MBTI
    INTJ

Default update

Just to let you know... it's been a year now. I thought you'd like to know I'm doing very well. I got a really great job as a Technical Clerk for a Navy Shipbuilding company about 2 months ago. My job is only 3 miles from my house and I make over $16/hour. My boss is awesome (haven't figured out her type yet but definitely an Ne user) and my co-workers are really great. I'm not the slowest typist in the room and that brings me great comfort.

Of course, my kids and I have our moments when we still miss my husband badly, but for the most part we're functioning pretty well on a day to day basis.

My soon-to-be 24 year old ISTJ daughter is engaged to an INTP... wedding planned for August. Of course, THAT will be tough because my husband's absence will be deeply felt.

My 20 year old ISTP son has stepped into his father's shoes and has become my resident handyman. I don't know what I would do without him.

My 16 year old ENFJ son is still complaining that his (ISTP) father never loved him and was never there for him... of course it's not really true, but that's HIS reality. (Any ENFJ words of wisdom would be appreciated.)

And me... well... my husband was the man of my dreams and the first 17 years of our relationship were perfect, but then mid-life crisis came. I got depressed. He got angry. And that began a downward spiral of ever increasing depression and anger for about 10 years. The last 2.5 years were much better, but not back to the way they were.

The last 2.5 months however were just like when we were honeymooners. I had already been depression-free for about a year. Suddenly one day a light switch flipped and he was back to being the sweet, wonderful, gentle, loving, tender guy I married. I'm grateful for those last months. Otherwise, I might have forgotten how wonderful our marriage had been in the beginning.

So there you have it. I'm glad the first year is over. Today I'm feeling brave. Today I feel like I am capable of living a happy life even though I'm not married. I guess if I didn't have my children I would feel differently, but I have them, and I'm very grateful.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII

Glad you're doing well.

MBTI
    INFP

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Hugs Mom. Thanks for the update, I'm glad it's going as well as it is.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I'm glad you are beginning to recover and that you have some wonderful memories.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm very glad to hear you're doing well. I also appreciate the encouraging messages you send me, even as you deal with a lot in your own life. You're definitely one of the kinder people I know, and I feel like I'm better for knowing you.

Keep hanging in there and don't be a stranger. I'm still praying for you.

Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel