User Tag List

View Poll Results: The closest person to you has just committed murder. What do you do?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • help your friend bury the body and remain silent during their defense if they are caught

19 28.36%
  • help your friend bury the body and if they got caught take the blame and take their punishment

1 1.49%
  • help your friend bury the body- but break down and confess of your knowledge if they get caught

0 0%
  • refuse to help the friend but don't report them

21 31.34%
  • refuse to help the friend and report them to the authorities but visit them in prison

20 29.85%
  • refuse to help, report them to authorities, and cut off ties and friendship with them completely

6 8.96%
First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Depending on the circumstances, A or E.

A) Because you gotta put your money where your mouth is.

E) Because I like to believe I would know the "single closest person" to me enough that it wouldn't shock me too much... I'd still probably care for him/her.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

This is definitely a good question. I'll give it some real good thought and get back to you on this Great poll idea there Lady!
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Man, he is in for a good spanking when we get home!
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    I

Definitely D) refuse to help the friend but don't report them

I would not want anything to do with what he/she did, and I may stay away from them for a while, but I wouldn't report them unless my own life was in danger. It's a tough situation though. Definitely wouldn't help them.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Man, he is in for a good spanking when we get home!
    +1

..maybe even two..
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    I would never betray the person closest to me, not in a million years, not after a million murders, if they are closest to me, I will stand by their side, I obviously love this person, and there must have been some reason for this, that I will understand.

edit: I'm very surprised with the number of people who chose choice E, or any answer in which they'd turn their friend in. Does anyone value a friendship over justice, even in these grim circumstances?
    Are you helping your friend out by covering something up that is as serious as murder? In the long run are they going to do better in life if you don't turn them in? If they murdered a million people (as in your example) they need to have something done about them.

Being a good friend does not have to equal pretending there is nothing wrong with them. If I was a serial killer is sure as heck would hope someone would do something about it. They might have murdered someone else's best friend, you know?

MBTI
    ENTP

edit: I'm very surprised with the number of people who chose choice E, or any answer in which they'd turn their friend in. Does anyone value a friendship over justice, even in these grim circumstances?
    You are not alone. I would never send my friend to prison. If he Really needs help, I will force him to theraphy/asylum, but not prison.

I too am surprised of how many people chose D and E.

MBTI
    epyT
    Enneagram

Only after disaster can we be resurrected.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Exactly, that sums my opinion up, too. I think it's wise, and the right thing to do. I could never turn them in..they're obviously in need of help.
    I agree completely, and that's why I chose E. Because not only does my friend need help, but the person he murdered.. the people close to them, they need closure. They have to know why and how their loved one died. Turning your friend in is probably the best thing you can do for them, because otherwise they'd live a life of shame and fear. That's a fate worse than whatever punishment that they would face.

My best friend, in particular, is my stepbrother. If he murdered someone, I would be shocked to no ends - he's not the type of person to do that. And I would tell him that immediately, we must go turn him in. If he refuses, I don't know what I'd do. But.. I couldn't live with myself if I aided him in concealing the truth. I don't care how close I am to someone, unless there are extreme circumstances... killing is wrong. I try to look at it from this point of view: if it were my best friend being killed, wouldn't I want to know why? And the person my best friend murdered was someone's best friend, someone's son, someone's daughter. I couldn't let the other person's family live life without knowing why.
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

Fonewearl and proud of it!

I (85%) - N (80%) - F (35%) - P (90%)
    O: 94% C: 18% E: 21% A: 94% N: 38%
    9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Regardless of the circumstances I couldn't help anyone cover up. Nor would I expect that from my friends.

If they killed someone out of self defense they would have my support and I would push them in every way I could to come clean sooner rather than later, the longer they take and the more they do to cover it up the worse itíll be for them. D (maybe E)

If it was due to a lack of control then obviously they need help. E

In both cases my friendship would not end because they made a mistake but if they didnít take responsibility for their actions it would be damaged.

If it was pre-meditated then clearly I don't know them and Iíd want to get as far away from them as possible. F