User Tag List

View Poll Results: The closest person to you has just committed murder. What do you do?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • help your friend bury the body and remain silent during their defense if they are caught

19 28.36%
  • help your friend bury the body and if they got caught take the blame and take their punishment

1 1.49%
  • help your friend bury the body- but break down and confess of your knowledge if they get caught

0 0%
  • refuse to help the friend but don't report them

21 31.34%
  • refuse to help the friend and report them to the authorities but visit them in prison

20 29.85%
  • refuse to help, report them to authorities, and cut off ties and friendship with them completely

6 8.96%
First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

i think i would have to know who they killed and why before i could make a decision. If they killed someone else i was close to or loved, i don't think i could help them, and i would definitely turn them in. If they killed someone in self defense or for some other valid reason then i would try to convince them to turn themselves in and plead some sort of insanity or something.

this is a hard question.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

One of the last two options, but it depends on the situation. The last option for the most part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.

MBTI
    infp

If someone close to me did that, I would report them and not help them. what they did was wrong, and they need to get caught and take the ramifications for it. It's not like they can argue I'm being a bad friend and screwing them over -they should not kill someone in the first place, so it's their fault. I would visit them in prison if I could get over the fact that they took another life, but it would still be hard... I'd probably make an effort at least initially.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Regardless of how close I am to them, who they killed, and why, murder is wrong is any circumstance, thus I would have to turn them in, maybe try and convince them to give themselves up. If they came to my house though, I would give 'em a running start before I let the authorities know.

If such an act was self defence, then they shouldn't have to cover it up and hide from the law. In which case, I would support them and help them as they spoke to the police.

But, they're still my friends, so I would visit 'em in prison, no doubt.
    Yes, I would like some sponge cake.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I would need to know why they killed the person before I could answer.
    Seconded.
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

No question about it, I'd help them barry the body and remain silent in questioning.

Why? Chances are, and no matter how angry the person closest to me was, he probably would be feeling a sense of remorse, regret, and pitty. They'd be in an altered mind, and would need assistance.

If they are closest to me, than I'd remain loyal to that, because even though the logical thing would be to practice justice, my values would rule (F).

I think this situation is a T vs. F thing. Yes, exceptions are possible, but I think trends will show more F's helping burry the body.

I would never betray the person closest to me, not in a million years, not after a million murders, if they are closest to me, I will stand by their side, I obviously love this person, and there must have been some reason for this, that I will understand.

edit: I'm very surprised with the number of people who chose choice E, or any answer in which they'd turn their friend in. Does anyone value a friendship over justice, even in these grim circumstances?
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

I'd probably end up with F). I couldn't in good conscience let my friend get away with murder, and I think they'd resent me less if I just cut our ties rather than show up and see them in prison regularly. Who would want to face the person that snitched on them? I wouldn't.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    edit: I'm very surprised with the number of people who chose choice E, or any answer in which they'd turn their friend in. Does anyone value a friendship over justice, even in these grim circumstances?
    I couldn't turn them in, I don't think. But if I buried the body with them, I just might collapse from guilt if I didn't take the blame or blurt the truth out. For me, it's more about which law is broken and why. Are they killing someone who sexually abused their kid? Or a guy who broke into their house? Or someone blackmailing their spouse? See, that's all different to me from killing someone out of jealousy or spite. And if they did it because they were mentally unstable--or for wrong reasons--I wouldn't help them. I'd only turn them in if I thought they did it monstrously, not because they felt they had no choice.

Then again...this is all easy to say when the situation isn't real, isn't it?
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
    I couldn't turn them in, I don't think. But if I buried the body with them, I just might collapse from guilt if I didn't take the blame or blurt the truth out. For me, it's more about which law is broken and why. Are they killing someone who sexually abused their kid? Or a guy who broke into their house? Or someone blackmailing their spouse? See, that's all different to me from killing someone out of jealousy or spite. And if they did it because they were mentally unstable--or for wrong reasons--I wouldn't help them. I'd only turn them in if I thought they did it monstrously, not because they felt they had no choice.

Then again...this is all easy to say when the situation isn't real, isn't it?
    Exactly, that sums my opinion up, too. I think it's wise, and the right thing to do. I could never turn them in..they're obviously in need of help.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Probably D. They're my friend for a reason, but killing is an absolute last resort. There was probably another outlet that they could have tried. I would not participate in helping avoid the law, but I wouldn't seek out the law either. I would try and stress to them that they made a mistake, and that they should learn from that, and hopefully they would listen. If however, I think they might do something again, I would report them, so they wouldn't have the chance.

And stuff.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin